Returning item - packaging protection.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got a fucking big heavy bag to return - being picked up tomorrow by Hermes (Amazon turned things around really quickly, no dispute - despite the item being damaged).

Not got the original cardboard box it came in - and getting hold of another one would be tricky (to say the least).

What the hell should I pack the fucker in? :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's your stupid sodding fancy tent, isn't it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's your stupid sodding fancy tent, isn't it?
Yep.

Think there was a structural issue with one of the poles (metal sheared). Wind got to (allegedly) 38mph on Saturday night. Shelter took a beating. But it should have had no problems with that wind speed (despite its size). I'd borrowed one a few years back and pegged it out and a fucking storm came through - campsite was trashed - but that thing stood proud.

Anyway - it made our wet wet Friday and Saturday nights into lovely fire-filled meat-and-wine-a-thons (before destruction at 3am). The rest of the people on the campsite looked utterly miserable :)

Anyway - how should I pack the fucker?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, how big are we talking? It's going to have to be cardboard of some variety, unless they'll let you whack some heavy duty bin bags around each end and tape them together.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
May have to be. It's probably 95cm or so long, by 30 high and deep.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wrap shed loads of black bin liners and duct tape round it?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Have you got one of those storage places near you? the one near me sells boxes and bubble wrap

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Have you got one of those storage places near you? the one near me sells boxes and bubble wrap
Quite unexpectedly I messaged amazon at 8pm, and they sorted it out the return label and pickup for tomorrow morning - and I'm in meetings from 7am.

May be able to go to tescos or something. Have a gander. :\

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure how a goose will help but good luck.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, went out at gawd awful time as Hermes were supposed to be picking up the next day. Got bubble wrap, got tape, wrapped the shizzle up.

Hermes didn't turn up :eek:

Got back on to Amazon. They said they'd reschedule for today.

Hermes hasn't turned up :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ugh, Hermes, unlucky, they're fucking shite.
Well, at least amazon have given me a tenner.

But the problem with that is what do I spend it on :\ Same dilemma as not spending company cash for stuff - I don't want owt :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

But the problem with that is what do I spend it on :\ Same dilemma as not spending company cash for stuff - I don't want owt :D

Hermes in general are fucking shit. Wife ordered something around June last year I think it was, it arrived 3 weeks later than it should have even though it was shipped out on time and said it would take 1-2 working days, had a right fuck on trying to work out why it was late, turns out some twat at Hermes skipped his deliveries for the day and it just got thrown in a warehouse.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Amazon does food and such in their pantry section. I guess you still eat.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Amazon does food and such in their pantry section. I guess you still eat.
Fresh fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. Nothing from a jar.

Maybe I can buy some lentils and chopped tomatoes or something. :\

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Easy you add it to the basket and they drop it off at your house.
You look at it there. If you are unsatisfied with it you inform them and they credit your account. for example if an egg is broken they refund the whole box.

Simples.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I guess. Sounds like faff tbh.

We've got a good system going. Veg we buy local, meat we buy in bulk whenever we pass one of a couple of places. Rhug Estate gets a hammering because it's on our route in and out of Snowdonia (where I'm off again this weekend) and Chatsworth House farm shop too as I ride a lot in the Peak District.

I quite enjoy the browsing of food. :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I guess. Sounds like faff tbh.

We've got a good system going. Veg we buy local, meat we buy in bulk whenever we pass one of a couple of places. Rhug Estate gets a hammering because it's on our route in and out of Snowdonia (where I'm off again this weekend) and Chatsworth House farm shop too as I ride a lot in the Peak District.

I quite enjoy the browsing of food. :)

That's all good.

But I can do the supermarket essential stuff while I'm going to work and not have to drive to the shops.
I can also get fresh seasonal fruit and veg and organic ethically sourced meat and fish delivered in recyclable boxes without having to faff around in the car.

That Rhug Estate you linked to deliver...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That Rhug Estate you linked to deliver...
Aye, but I pass it all the time and usually grab a coffee for the rest of my journey. Plus, there's nothing like browsing four or five steaks and picking the clear best. They'd all "do", of course, but tiny variations in quality per cut...

I guess going out with a butchers daughter has made me a meat snob ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I am a luddite I guess. There's no way I'd buy a piece of meat or fish online. How can you tell if it's good without seeing it.

Couldn't imagine buying meat online, farm or Costco for me although a mate of mine gets chicken delivered and swears by it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes but if the butcher is online then what's the issue?

I've had better meat from the online orders than from any of the places near me.

The meat/fish is either local or from sustainable ethical sources. Taste and quality is superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom