Return to DAoC ?

LecTaN

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all!

It was quite some time ago i stop playing DAoC most because of the ToA/NF addon but also for the upcoming WoW. I've ben playing WoW pretty constant as i once did with DAoC hehe no surprice... and made me an 60rogue wich i had uber great fun with, love the graphics and playstyle. But now since the pvp reward system made me puke really and me as among many others prolly will cancel their subs. Played dayly after work pvp only to get the rank, but stayed on rank 7 for like over 3 weeks of pure farming in pvp. Anyway great game but it bored me. I was comparing the 2 games and made out me mind clearley, DAoC has the best overall pvp system and way of gameplay since i played it since beta and 3 years forwards.

So now is tehe question... is it worth getting back into DAoC after the long inactive period for me? i got 6 lvl 50's and 2 others close to 50 and have almost 4 of the chars at rr5. I really enjoyed my 3 year game of DAoC and have second thought's about getting back in...

Any suggestions about new things or why it might be worth playing again ?

Some might know me as Zoggan-SB at Exc or Zogrina-Ranger at pryd (main chars that was played mostly)

Anyway Cheers !! :cheers:
Regards: Zoggan!

Gamah

Banned
Well you need to be toa'd to compete really, but yea with cluster up and coming theres every reason to come back and look up some some old friends.

PvP in daoc is about 10000000x better than the joke that is wow's pvp..so come back and see you in game :p

Laviski

Fledgling Freddie
Wait for the new server tbh.... (new rules - no toa :clap: )
it will happend here just a matter of when.. for me i think i will be ordering a US copy...

LecTaN

Fledgling Freddie
Cool, sounds like fun i must say! I've been looking alot in the forums about the ingame activity and it still looks like som players are really into it still.

But when are the new servers inc without ToA and NF ? sounds like uber fun since the first quit thought was just that =) Is it pos to swap ur main chars to that server or do you have to reroll a new char to begin with?
Ill prolly get back ingame asap imo :)

And yea the WoW pvp system really was disapointing to me as i looked forward to all the gear an such but hey =P doesnt work with it =) A friend there on same server as me made 80k points and still lost one rank so :) DAoC for the fun i guess :)
Thanks for all replying to this thread:)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the no ToA/buffbot servers are on the US only and won't start there till july - we might get one depending on whether they crash and burn or not.

They will have NF anyway - there's not going to be an OF server (at least no mention of it anywhere). At any rate it will be "start from scratch" for the new servers.

Better off just coming back and getting catacombs (which rocks) and having some fun. ToA can be fun if you don't treat it as "OMG MUST HAVE NOW NOW NOW OR I AM TEH SUXXOR IN RVR!!!11 QQ" and just as something to do at 50 ;) at least now that they've fixed most of the irritating bits.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
LecTaN said:
when are the new servers inc without ToA and NF ?

Next Month in the US, There are Getting 2 new Servers.. and then you can expect GOA.. to sit on there asss.. and think about it.. which continueing to loose players for several months. and then think about it some more.. get the commity meeting going.. then ask the players in a Poll Followed by More Coffeee and meeting and then mabey just mabey if they can find the money which they wont but into advertising in there budget we will get a new server

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
UndyingAngel said:
Next Month in the US, There are Getting 2 new Servers.. and if the EU get time you can expect GOA.. to sit on there asss.. and think about it.. for several months. and then think about it some more.. get the commity meeting going.. then ask the players in a Poll Followed by More Coffeee and meeting and then mabey just mabey if they can find the money which they wont but into advertising in there budget we will get a new server

aka "wait and see if they flop like the pvp servers" :)

statued

Loyal Freddie
well i'm going on the US server and will stay there unless goa get a no toa/OF server i won't be activating my Euro accounts. Due to my history with goa reliability/support i would stay US knowing the fact i will get pacthes and updates fast than knowing about and not getting till 6- 9 months down the road. At least if i get lag i can blame it on the fact it is a US based server and won't get too annoyed over it.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
statued said:
well i'm going on the US server and will stay there unless goa get a no toa/OF server i won't be activating my Euro accounts. Due to my history with goa reliability/support i would stay US knowing the fact i will get pacthes and updates fast than knowing about and not getting till 6- 9 months down the road. At least if i get lag i can blame it on the fact it is a US based server and won't get too annoyed over it.

Lag what lag :eek: I dont get any lag connecting to the US servers xD

Gamah

Banned
statued said:

C ya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom