Retired for over a year,now back as a mincer...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, retired from the game just prior to SI but started playing again recently on Alb Prydwen.Used to play on Hib Excali as a Ranger - now have a L24 mincer that was created using /level 20 on Pryd, and have a mate's necro to power him all the way to 50, but would like some advice on the spec using this method... :clap:
Seem to have memories of getting squished by Alpha repeatedly on Hib Excali in solo leaving the Dun Ligen and planning on doing the same hopefully to the hibbies on this server as my mincer. :twak:
So....
Can anyone advise me on essential mincer items for this (Solo Minstrel with BB) template that will allow me to be damn good in RvR 1-1 situations, as well as spec...? My race is Briton and i put my starting points into constitution and charisma if my memory serves me rightly. Any and all advice appreciated... :D

Cheers!

TheBinarySurfer
"Outside?Bah that would mean walking right?"

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
These days....ML10, RR10 and a full set of ToA and MP everything.

Check catacombes for the latest FotM templates, least then you get it right for the next patch and dont have to rely on repecs all your career everytime they nerf something.

Also anticipate frontiers...

Well ur spec should be, 33 stealth 50 ins 29 or 30 slash, depending if u auto to 44 or 48.
U need TOA items and ML10 to be optimal in RvR - all this will take u proberly 4 months + - a month :flame:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, ta...One dumb question though - why bother taking instruments to 50 - the last dd and stun come =<44 if the catacombs char builders are up to date. Surely that last stuff is for group mincer's really?
And how big an advantage do the ML's really give you? Bevvy time!

:cheers:

TheBinarySurfer/TBS

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Think they added a lvl 50 dd one patch ago, not 100% sure tho as i rarely play a minstrel and never bothered checking it.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the info, one further question - in the opinions of those mincers in the know - is the pheobus harp worth it? As i hear it's 1) Hard to Level 2) Bloody hard to get 3) Nice stats but nothing amazing.

Opinions? :) :flame:

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Nah i wouldnt bother with the harp - crap utility, can get much better items, the only advantage is that the harp summoned replaces all existing instruments, so you can mezz with it, or play speed song, but to be honest with /qbind command theres really no need for that now.

F2-F3 on my keyboard now start up speed song

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ok one last question then about mincer spec - would someone mind telling me where i can find info about what my stat caps are (both buffed,unbuffed,and with items - ToA/non ToA) etc. Or even better what items they're using and what they think of them....Mincer should be 50 within the next fortnight so need to get his armour made up & SC'ed etc... Cheers for the good info so far all
:eek2:

:touch:

:m00:

carp

One of Freddy's beloved
TheBinarySurfer said:
Thanks for the info, one further question - in the opinions of those mincers in the know - is the pheobus harp worth it? As i hear it's 1) Hard to Level 2) Bloody hard to get 3) Nice stats but nothing amazing.

Opinions? :) :flame:

its worth it for having the 2hslot free but only use necklace for charge then switch to a better necky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom