Results Day!

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Bloody hell, i cocked it up completley. B for English (ok) C for Geography (ok) then a C for History (not good). I was kinda aiming for A B B but missed. Geography result i accept because i fucked around all year, English .... ok... i diddnt exactly like Ms Austen but apparently i'm now an expert on Shakespeare (which is good).

But history? It's like my best subject ever. I've been getting straight A's / A*'s since year 7, but it was because of one of the Units where they asked a question and the answer could've been one thing or another depending upon how you read it. Obviously i picked the wrong thing.

and. like. argh.

I was hoping to relax but now i have to do a load of revision for the resits and ... bleh.

So.....how'd the rest of you happy folks do?

mank!

Part of the furniture
I got an E n in History at GCSE, I was gutted. It was the only lesson except for English I'd done all the coursework in, getting an A* in one piece. I did the wrong question on the exam paper :|

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I got a B in History 'O' Level if thats any good, age Nazi's .

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I got a load of D's and E's (and one C) from my school GCSE. Not that it made the slightest difference to my life. I just couldn't be arsed doing any revision.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
I got a mixed bag of GCSEs, doesn't make a lot of odds in later life, all GCSEs really matter for is if you need certain grades to do A-levels.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I aimed to get only what I needed for GCSE in order to move onto A-Levels, and only aimed to get what i needed to get onto my chosen degree for these. Degree was the ultimate end for me, unfortunately in no way does it garauntee a job...and i'm signing up for dole money today as i'm in serious debt and being turned down by every company I apply :(

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Aye the days when a degree guaranteed you a job are long gone sadly. Not that I have a degree. :p

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
I got a mixed bag of GCSEs, doesn't make a lot of odds in later life, all GCSEs really matter for is if you need certain grades to do A-levels.

What he said - so long as you get to do your A-levels somewhere decent, then all is well :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Got my AS grades this morning. Three As and a C.

Government and Politics A
Classical Civilisation A
General Studies A
English Lit. C

Naturally, General Studies is worthless easy shit. I got very high marks in Government and exceedingly high in Classics (101/105, 99/105). But I'm very unhappy about English, I was planning to do some kind of English at Uni. I did well on one test, wank in the other, and my coursework which my teacher gave an A didn't fare too brilliantly either.

EvilMonkeh

Fledgling Freddie
Ah shit.
A in maths, nice n easy, averaged 92%
B in physics, 5 marks off an A:(
D in dt electronics. a bit miffed at this one as my project was top quality
E in chemistry. oh well, knew it was going to happen!

bit of a mixed bag eh?

at least this is only AS

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
I got a load of D's and E's (and one C) from my school GCSE. Not that it made the slightest difference to my life. I just couldn't be arsed doing any revision.
How do you know eh?! Perhaps if you got straight A's, you'd be loaded by now.

venus

Fledgling Freddie
I got 5 garde C's 2 B's and a D which isnt fantastic. I didnt do A levels (school wanted at least 5 b's to let me do them) .... and in three weeks time I qualify as a Registered General Nurse with a start wage of of around £17,500 per year, (not a fantastic wage but its a damn site better than the £6,000 a year I have been living on as a student) and @ 21 years of age I dont think that its bad going really... Espeacially as in a couple of years I can complete the degree, follow that on with the masters and over time work myself up the ladder, and achieve a wage of anything up to £26,000. Really showing that A levels are not the be all and end all (depending on what you want to do for a living of course) ;)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
oh well. I've worked it out and if i resit 1 unit in each and score at least 30 marks higher (which shouldnt be too hard) then it'll move up to A B B.

The really crap thing is that i scored higher in Geography than i did in History and I'd been faffing about in Geo all year.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I never revised either for my exams i knew what i wanted to do when i left school and im doing it now :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
venus said:
I got 5 garde C's 2 B's and a D which isnt fantastic. I didnt do A levels (school wanted at least 5 b's to let me do them) .... and in three weeks time I qualify as a Registered General Nurse with a start wage of of around £17,500 per year, (not a fantastic wage but its a damn site better than the £6,000 a year I have been living on as a student) and @ 21 years of age I dont think that its bad going really... Espeacially as in a couple of years I can complete the degree, follow that on with the masters and over time work myself up the ladder, and achieve a wage of anything up to £26,000. Really showing that A levels are not the be all and end all (depending on what you want to do for a living of course) ;)
Sorry, but I'd slit my fucking wrists if I chose a career with a salary capped at 26K a year. The last job as I was looking at had a STARTING salary of £24K a year if you bothered to tough it out and do A-levels and a degree. I honestly do sometimes start to wonder if ambition is dead.

P.S. This load of youngsters getting their grades today are a bunch of pussies. I went into town earlier and the pubs were empty. Our entire year was pissed by this point.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
P.S. This load of youngsters getting their grades today are a bunch of pussies. I went into town earlier and the pubs were empty. Our entire year was pissed by this point.

I'll have you know I am saving myself for tonight!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Turns out I'll be going to uni then. Grabbed a spot at Brighton through clearing - English Language with Media.

One of the courses I applied to originally and got rejected from. Glenn 1 - 0 Brighton Uni.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Loxleyhood said:
I'll have you know I am saving myself for tonight!

This was a foreign concept in our day. We drank until we fell over, which was usually about 12 pints after we started.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
In all honesty not doing well at my A levels hasn't really hampered my career progression. The only thing that has hampered where I want to go historically is continually failing my professional finals.

Alevels matter if you want to go to university however for a career in banking / accountancy / compliance / trusts etc they are not necessary in the slightest.

For example take accountancy you can do 3 years CAT / AAT followed by your professionals if you pass those every six months with CIMA you are qualified in 2 years. That is a total of 5 years to be a chartered management accountant with a wubbleh salary.

I have been quite lucky (considering I fail my finals regularly) with my current company. I am paid as a qualified accountant with many years experience and I get to do what I consider to be the sexier side of the profession (yes there is more to life than double entry / consolidation / tax). I get to write strategy papers / business plans (which have never yet failed to be implemented).

I did by the way get some Alevels the second time around (the first time I had just been released from convent life and found out there was more to life than studying). My results were shite indeed and the subjects quite irrelevant to anything I do now.

So for those that don't do so well, the choice is yours, retake and go to Uni. or find another way of getting where you want to go.

Nursing, Venus, is a very worthwhile profession and completely underpaid, its not something I could do, I don't have the qualities required. Good luck in your choice I am sure you will find it incredibly rewarding :)

Bodhi - working life isn't always about the money :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
venus said:
I got 5 garde C's 2 B's and a D which isnt fantastic.

Heh, same as me, 2Bs, 5Cs 2Ds and an E, in Drama :D

Began work at the end of my 1st A-Level year, so never finished, and this was pre-AS levels...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Bodhi said:
I honestly do sometimes start to wonder if ambition is dead.

Some people's ambitions aren't purely fiscal. Although I concede your point about the pubs. Bloody wimps.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Yoni said:
Nursing, Venus, is a very worthwhile profession and completely underpaid, its not something I could do, I don't have the qualities required. Good luck in your choice I am sure you will find it incredibly rewarding :)

I second that. My girlfriend's a nurse and I admire her greatly for it. I also think she's grossly underpaid. She cares for and gives so much to the people in her, um, care.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Does she ever let you.......see.......her uniform?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Swift^ said:
Turns out I'll be going to uni then. Grabbed a spot at Brighton through clearing - English Language with Media.

One of the courses I applied to originally and got rejected from. Glenn 1 - 0 Brighton Uni.

Well i am getting as far away from Brighton as i possibly can. Not quite Uni yet but im not staying here when i do. If indeed i even do uni.... hmm...

Oh yeah and i got a D for my LAW As..... B for one module, c for the other and then a U for the 3rd.... yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom