Restoring Characters Items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjuraa

Banned
Yes, there is a similar thread to this already. But as GOA arent paying attention to that, i feel the need to make this heard by them.

Now the latest reports (Not from you GOA i might add, you seem so tightlipped about it im having to get this from E&E people) is that youre between 200-300 people served. Thats taken you a week.

I'm ticket number 1012.

So at your current rate, my items get restored in what.. 4 weeks? Now we all heard that GMs and support staff were working round the clock, through the weekends, doing everything they can, main priority blah blah blah. I havn't seen a GM online since Thursday. You havn't updated anything. Theres nothing on the website to tell us even the most loose of time frames. And meanwhile, your "compensation" for all the hassle is ticking away, and will run out by Friday.

In essence, you're giving me, and people in the same position as me, 6 weeks downtime from their characters, with zero compensation?

Stop me if im wrong.

Now all this might be slightly more bearable, slightly less frustrating, if we all had even a small ammount of information about this, something official. I know that you'll say "We're far too busy to read the forums". How difficult is it, really? How difficult is it to hire someone just to keep people updated on your progress? Hell, i'l do it for free, you can phone me up and i'l write it down here with perfect spelling and punctuation for you. Unless not answering forum posts somehow gets you more money from GOA, i cannot understand why you refuse to do this.

Now if im out of line, or i've missed important points: then come and say so, explain these things, because hundreds of us are wondering the same thing, and you'd be doing yourselves a far bigger favour taking 5 minutes out to explain and inform than by ignoring us and getting the whole job finished 5 minutes sooner.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Couldnt agree more, the lack of information lately makes me feel plainly ignored and left out. I had ticket 448 or something on Monday and still nothing here either. It is really frustrating not being able to play for 2 weeks and counting now..

and on Chronicles of Camelot's friday news it says

"Back to normal on Prydwen " Everything back to normal? You tell that to us who are still left with multiple naked characters.

( yes probably biased post etc, frankly Im beyond caring )

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
GoA have a policy of not information their costumers. It have always been like this. For some reason they have a very rigid system where the GM's cannot post on the "official site". That means they simply don't inform.

It is strange though. I mean, they prefer to frustrate their costumers by leaving them in the dark over risking a competent GM (that is not high ranking enough) making a mistake in an official post.

But yeah. I would still count on at least 2-3 more weeks for this to be finally solved. Realistlcy over a month from now to Clustering.

Perhaps that is another reason for them not to tell us anything? :)

Foolish system to be honest.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with Jjuraa...Even if his spelling isn't as perfect as he wants it to be ;)

This morning I sent a mail to Mythic asking a few questions about what they consider good customer service - will be interesting to read if they bother to answer me :D

Corran

Part of the furniture
i was 44X from monday and my characters sorted but they were fairly simple to do, think they got done on thursday or so.

As for GM's not being online - they have been on but they been anon. They show up on friends list but not /who 100 and you cant actually get a pm to them. At a guess this is them being on to give the items to those they restoring at the time

Tilda

Jjuraa said:
Yes, there is a similar thread to this already. But as GOA arent paying attention to that, i feel the need to make this heard by them.

Because obviously you'd rather they replied to your pointless thread on the forums, than restore items.

Jjuraa said:
Now the latest reports (Not from you GOA i might add, you seem so tightlipped about it im having to get this from E&E people) is that youre between 200-300 people served. Thats taken you a week.

I'm ticket number 1012.
I haven't heard either way on how the restoration progress is going. I'm also not 100% sure that just because yours says 1012 it means your the one thousand and twelve person to send a RN about lost items.
There may well be other RN's that arn't as higher priority as the items that are comming in at the same time.
Similarly it may be a total number of RNs for the english servers, or even total GOA servers RN's.
Thus, even though the English GM's, and the other GM's drafted in to help the English GM's are dealing with prydwen items, there could well still be RN's comming in from Italian, German, French and Spanish servers which may boost that total.

Jjuraa said:
So at your current rate, my items get restored in what.. 4 weeks? Now we all heard that GMs and support staff were working round the clock, through the weekends, doing everything they can, main priority blah blah blah. I havn't seen a GM online since Thursday. You havn't updated anything. Theres nothing on the website to tell us even the most loose of time frames. And meanwhile, your "compensation" for all the hassle is ticking away, and will run out by Friday.
GM's are probably in invisible mode, to allow them to work without hastle, supprisingly, from players like you.
The problem is, if they say "yeah we hope to be done by next friday" at 8am on friday morning, someone, probably you, will make a post on the forums "omg its friday and i'm still missing items, goa suck!"
The compensation, as has been said, is the free days, which afaik, hasn't been added to accounts yet, and as I understand it won't be added until the items are back. So really your compensation isn't running out.
I'm not even going to comment on your joke of a guess of when your items might be restored.
Jjuraa said:
In essence, you're giving me, and people in the same position as me, 6 weeks downtime from their characters, with zero compensation?

Stop me if im wrong.
You're wrong.
As I said, you get the compensation once the items are sorted as I understand it. Which means, your getting compensation. Oh, wait, you're also not getting 6 weeks downtime, as a) the servers are all up and b) you can still play your charachters.
Yes I understand it sucks to have no items, but its not really a big deal to go buy some rogs to tide you over until things get sorted.

Jjuraa said:
Now all this might be slightly more bearable, slightly less frustrating, if we all had even a small ammount of information about this, something official. I know that you'll say "We're far too busy to read the forums". How difficult is it, really? How difficult is it to hire someone just to keep people updated on your progress? Hell, i'l do it for free, you can phone me up and i'l write it down here with perfect spelling and punctuation for you. Unless not answering forum posts somehow gets you more money from GOA, i cannot understand why you refuse to do this.
You seem unable to comprehend that posting here, or even talking to you on the phone takes time, that is better spend sorting RN's. If you check the GMs last posting times most of their posts have been in the evenings/weekends. As has been said before, a post on the site requires checking and other things as it is representative of the company.
A post on the forums, as far as you should be concerned, is probably equally official, just not on the site. How difficult is it for you to just let the GM's get on with their work without this constant hounding?

Really, play an alt, play another game, stop whinging, just learn to wait with a bit of patience like everybody else whos had charachters stripped.

Jjuraa

Banned
and you seem unable to read a simple forum post.

Tilda said:
Because obviously you'd rather they replied to your pointless thread on the forums, than restore items.

yes, of course i would. of course i would rather they took five minutes out of restoring items to update things. Everyone would, thats the entire point of this thread. You seem to be the only person not craving updates, and i wonder if thats because you have your items back already.

Tilda said:
I haven't heard either way on how the restoration progress is going. I'm also not 100% sure that just because yours says 1012 it means your the one thousand and twelve person to send a RN about lost items.
There may well be other RN's that arn't as higher priority as the items that are comming in at the same time.
Similarly it may be a total number of RNs for the english servers, or even total GOA servers RN's.
Thus, even though the English GM's, and the other GM's drafted in to help the English GM's are dealing with prydwen items, there could well still be RN's comming in from Italian, German, French and Spanish servers which may boost that total.

english, spanish, french german rightnows have different databases. Yes there may be one or two other incomming rightnows for the english servers, but think logically, 66,000 items deleted, lets say each character lost 66 items (most actually lost a lot less) thats still 6600 characters needing item restores, i dont think the rightnow ticket numbers are exaggerated that much.

Tilda said:
GM's are probably in invisible mode, to allow them to work without hastle, supprisingly, from players like you.
The problem is, if they say "yeah we hope to be done by next friday" at 8am on friday morning, someone, probably you, will make a post on the forums "omg its friday and i'm still missing items, goa suck!"

this is true, however: so what? yes they will look bad and inefficient if they fail the deadline, but it will still be better than their current problem of "ignore them maybe they will go away". And yes, i do indeed try to send questions to GMs if theyre online, that is what they are THERE for, that is what CSR means. If they go into hidden mode to avoid customers, theyre doing something wrong.

Tilda said:
The compensation, as has been said, is the free days, which afaik, hasn't been added to accounts yet, and as I understand it won't be added until the items are back. So really your compensation isn't running out.
I'm not even going to comment on your joke of a guess of when your items might be restored.

joke of a guess? provide me a better one then. As for the compensation, free days are not the issue, although they are indeed necessary, some other form of compensation is required as well.

Tilda said:
You're wrong.
As I said, you get the compensation once the items are sorted as I understand it. Which means, your getting compensation. Oh, wait, you're also not getting 6 weeks downtime, as a) the servers are all up and b) you can still play your charachters.
Yes I understand it sucks to have no items, but its not really a big deal to go buy some rogs to tide you over until things get sorted.

i can still play my characters? yes because a naked paladin and infiltrator are much fun out there in rvr, oh i know! i should just fork out 10plat for new items in order to be halfway effective in rvr? maybe, that would require GOA to give me the money i lost though.

Tilda said:
You seem unable to comprehend that posting here, or even talking to you on the phone takes time, that is better spend sorting RN's. If you check the GMs last posting times most of their posts have been in the evenings/weekends. As has been said before, a post on the site requires checking and other things as it is representative of the company.
A post on the forums, as far as you should be concerned, is probably equally official, just not on the site. How difficult is it for you to just let the GM's get on with their work without this constant hounding?

very difficult, as you would know if you were unable to rvr on any of your characters, or enjoy the game you paid for in the way you wanted. you honestly think the 5 minutes, no, lets go wild, 10 minutes a forum post would take to prepare/write/check would be better spent so that the item restoration finishes 10 minutes earlier? you seem to be the one with a comprehension disability here.

Tilda said:
Really, play an alt, play another game, stop whinging, just learn to wait with a bit of patience like everybody else whos had charachters stripped.

we have been patient, incredibly patient. there is a time however when patience snaps, and the rest of us would very much like to know when we can play our characters. You are not a GM, you do not represent the company in any way. You cannot give me an official "sit down and shush" response. so il continue to try and get my answers, even if it takes 5 precious minutes of a GOA workers teabreak.

Jjuraa

Banned
Requiel said:
Our customer support teams are working hard to replace all the missing items reported over the past week. This is a huge job and we have diverted all our resources to dealing with it however it will take a few more days to complete. We thank you for your patience while we work through this list. In the meantime, the underpopulated realm bonuses which are in effect on Prydwen will stay in place until the servers are ready for clustering. We will be able to announce more news regarding this soon.

That was exactly what i was looking for, so thank you requiel.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:

yes, of course i would. of course i would rather they took five minutes out of restoring items to update things. Everyone would, thats the entire point of this thread. You seem to be the only person not craving updates, and i wonder if thats because you have your items back already.

english, spanish, french german rightnows have different databases. Yes there may be one or two other incomming rightnows for the english servers, but think logically, 66,000 items deleted, lets say each character lost 66 items (most actually lost a lot less) thats still 6600 characters needing item restores, i dont think the rightnow ticket numbers are exaggerated that much.

this is true, however: so what? yes they will look bad and inefficient if they fail the deadline, but it will still be better than their current problem of "ignore them maybe they will go away". And yes, i do indeed try to send questions to GMs if theyre online, that is what they are THERE for, that is what CSR means. If they go into hidden mode to avoid customers, theyre doing something wrong.

joke of a guess? provide me a better one then. As for the compensation, free days are not the issue, although they are indeed necessary, some other form of compensation is required as well.

i can still play my characters? yes because a naked paladin and infiltrator are much fun out there in rvr, oh i know! i should just fork out 10plat for new items in order to be halfway effective in rvr? maybe, that would require GOA to give me the money i lost though.

very difficult, as you would know if you were unable to rvr on any of your characters, or enjoy the game you paid for in the way you wanted. you honestly think the 5 minutes, no, lets go wild, 10 minutes a forum post would take to prepare/write/check would be better spent so that the item restoration finishes 10 minutes earlier? you seem to be the one with a comprehension disability here.

we have been patient, incredibly patient. there is a time however when patience snaps, and the rest of us would very much like to know when we can play our characters. You are not a GM, you do not represent the company in any way. You cannot give me an official "sit down and shush" response. so il continue to try and get my answers, even if it takes 5 precious minutes of a GOA workers teabreak.

Hear, hear.

Tilda

Jjuraa said:
A classic start!

Jjuraa said:
I dont have my items back, but, unlike you, i'm happy to wait and play an alt, and realise that GOA are working flat out to sort stuff.

Jjuraa said:
How do you know they are different databses?
What I think is stupid is that, you firstly whine about no GMs posting, because they're busy working 12 hours shifts to fix your charachter.
Then, in the same post no less, you demand that you come onto the forums to pay you some attention.

Jjuraa said:
No, they are showing they care, by getting down to it and sorting the RN replys.
At the end of the day, there will be far less whines if they just get on and do it, than if they mess about guessing at deadlines and setting people up for disappointment.

Jjuraa said:
Any guess I have, would come from the GM's and thus, probably wouldnt be able to tell you anyway, as if I tell you, then it becomes semi-official and we're back to square one of whineage.

Jjuraa said:
Now you're just being silly, Rogs for a charachter don't cost 10p, and are you seriously telling me you dont have any items in your vault?

Jjuraa said:
What you seem unable to understand is that they may not want to give an eta, because, as has been said so many times, it sets people up for disappointment.
One RN, missing say 5 items, may be far easier to sort, than another RN missing 50 items, some of which may not easily be verifyable. Thus its pointless to attempt to give an eta, because all of the RN's they have to deal with up till now, may have been the really hard ones. They may discover that all the ones they have left are the really easy ones. Or it may happen the other way round. Giving an eta is pointless.

Jjuraa said:
You seem to think that you represent prydwen players as a whole. I certainly dont want you representing me... You can play your charachters when you want, if you're two stingy to spend some gold on some rog's to keep you going, thats your fault, not goa's. Its ridiculous to expect them to compensate you because of your blind stubborness and refusal to buy rogs to play with.
Sure, you might elicit a "yeah we're getting there" post, but if you expect detailed numbers, keep on dreaming.

Tilda

And with that, since you got your answer, this thread can close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom