Restarting

Dwun

Fledgling Freddie
I have recently decided to restart the game after an absence of 18 months. I have a valid login name and have got a new sub password from the goa home page but each time i try to log in and amend sub details nothing happens. I put login and pword into the boxes click validate then the screen refreshes and thats it. I get no error message or any other sign of problems. I have even tried turning my firewall off but that won't work either.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
Have you tried using a diffrent browser? - are you definatly sure the sub login details your entering are correct?

Syri

FH is my second home
might be that the password got reset at some point. I seem to recall an incident where some passwords needed resetting. Try requesting an email reminder

Tilda

Make sure you're entering your subscription username too.
Login username/password are seperate from a subscription username/password.
Failing that, PM me your subscription username ONLY and I'll see if a GM can re-sync your account with the datebase. or try a different brouser, make sure you have the most up to date flash player

living

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Make sure you're entering your subscription username too.
Login username/password are seperate from a subscription username/password.
Failing that, PM me your subscription username ONLY and I'll see if a GM can re-sync your account with the datebase. or try a different brouser, make sure you have the most up to date flash player

How kind :)

So where are you gonna start playing? I suggest mid on the cluster (cluster for more utility and its easier to get a gear than on classic - just the damned ML's :))

Tilda

ph jeez, here we go again.

Dpending on who you believe, getting gear is easier on cluser (normal servers) or on the classic server.

Lets break it down.

Cluster: - Hit 50, do ToA meaning scroll farming, getting artifact credit, then doing ML's which take a while (imo - i'm trying not to be biased dammit but they do!). Then you level your artifacts up to 10, and do Champion level 5. It is true that doing toa on a classic server has been made easier than it used to be, however, i'm not sure which is faster.

On a classic server, get to 50, make an SC template, more often than not, this involves farming some items in darkspire, however in my experience (and only my experience) this dosnt take as long as toa. More often than not, you can buy a few items and then it just takes 5-6 raids to get the rest. I've done a top of 7 raids in a day, so it shouldn't take that long. Then you just do Champion level 5 like on the toa servers and you're ready. No ML's, no artifact leveling, more fun :

:D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
ph jeez, here we go again.

Dpending on who you believe, getting gear is easier on cluser (normal servers) or on the classic server.

Lets break it down.

Cluster: - Hit 50, do ToA meaning scroll farming, getting artifact credit, then doing ML's which take a while (imo - i'm trying not to be biased dammit but they do!). Then you level your artifacts up to 10, and do Champion level 5. It is true that doing toa on a classic server has been made easier than it used to be, however, i'm not sure which is faster.

On a classic server, get to 50, make an SC template, more often than not, this involves farming some items in darkspire, however in my experience (and only my experience) this dosnt take as long as toa. More often than not, you can buy a few items and then it just takes 5-6 raids to get the rest. I've done a top of 7 raids in a day, so it shouldn't take that long. Then you just do Champion level 5 like on the toa servers and you're ready. No ML's, no artifact leveling, more fun :

:D

Don't forget you get zerged by the French on Classic!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
You get zerged anywhere.

The French do it in a special way tho :>

It's like they camp the exit points for the main keep 24/7 and just gank you in their 2 fg zerg's :p

Dwun

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the replies. I requested an email with password confirmation, I then used the login name they gave and the new password but that produced the same problem. I have emailed GOA so will hopefully get me sorted out that way. I have better than flash 7 loaded, would that cause a problem as it says it requires flash 7? Gues I shall have to wait for GOA response.

Not bad idea about the browser I will try that one.

As to where I will play, I have 50s on Mid/Pry and have alot of friends in Talons, so will be playing there. I left cos I hated the ML and arti situation, guess I will have to bite the bullit and get them both sorted out. Still a little PvE is ok, I have been away for 18 months.

btw char names are

Lardrs FatKnacker, Troll Shaman
Krepatis Bonecracker, Valk BD
Ikalme, Thid SB

will be playing Lardrs as my main again, see in game soon (I hope)

living

Fledgling Freddie
Dwun said:
Thanks for all the replies. I requested an email with password confirmation, I then used the login name they gave and the new password but that produced the same problem. I have emailed GOA so will hopefully get me sorted out that way. I have better than flash 7 loaded, would that cause a problem as it says it requires flash 7? Gues I shall have to wait for GOA response.

Not bad idea about the browser I will try that one.

As to where I will play, I have 50s on Mid/Pry and have alot of friends in Talons, so will be playing there. I left cos I hated the ML and arti situation, guess I will have to bite the bullit and get them both sorted out. Still a little PvE is ok, I have been away for 18 months.

btw char names are

Lardrs FatKnacker, Troll Shaman
Krepatis Bonecracker, Valk BD
Ikalme, Thid SB

will be playing Lardrs as my main again, see in game soon (I hope)

Scroll farming and artis credit are really easy these days - almost all scrolls drop down to yellow mobs so just do lvl 48+ on them with a friend and you will have most when you hit 50 :)
Getting people to help with artis credit isen't too hard because all ppl get the artis today by just helping.

ML's still suck tho - never done ML1 myself :D

Dwun

Fledgling Freddie
Success

Using a different browser worked, thanks for the advice :drink:

Got the game sorted but now I have no game time as I have work to do:puke:

Anyway I will soon be back in the game as Lardrs FatKnacker . "lead me to the Elfies, me is hungrey":m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom