Respect.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
To all the warrior classes out that solo.

After two hours of playing a rr2 paladin I got just over 1k.

I died 12 times.

5 of which were to FG Mids :worthy:

2 to Censimilia and nearly a 3rd but I surrender, she backed off and I was then killed by two NS who must have seen the whole thing.

1 to a random Vampiir and NS + NS + hunter.

Others in duels.

Only managed to kill someone aftering waiting next to a rr5 mid for a duel, got jumped by a celt to which the mid slammed him. Mid backed off I killed the hib, doubt I could have done that alone but who knows. The Mid then got me in a duel.

In future I should stick to being part of a group or just running missions, think it would have been more fruitful. :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
takes a while to make a name for yourself though.. can't expect from moment 1 you try to solo that everyone is going to leave you be :p

just look at theodon, hardly anyone in hib even touches him or his fights near crau bridge. :)

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Been 50/50 with my warrior, been running him out the last few days and running solo around bolg, renaris towers etc. Heading from alb coast, left the necro pl'ing a grey con, and found a smite cleric leveling at the side of renaris T4 (at which i didnt realise it was a cleric lol just saw shield and weapon) /beck for duel and we dueld away , pulled back when i saw the stun and smite, wouldnt have been fair but he begged me to kill him. Did kill some firewizz think it was blackmagician near the padfoots section and some luri ns around poc. Thought being brave i'd horse it up to beno where lo and behold a fg of albs steamed me, now if i just could get tetsudo 80k to go!

Would love to give VF a fight, prolly lose big time but be fun all the same.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
just look at theodon, hardly anyone in hib even touches him or his fights near crau bridge. :)

true.. he's also a good fight in 1on1 and he dont add and other lame things

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Theodon is indeed a very good solo paladin, mucho respect for him ;)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Soloing as a visual is a completely different ball game to soloing as a stealther.

You have to be much more aware of the routes the full groups are likely to take and the areas to avoid, and try to stay somewhere where you have a chance to litrally dive for cover if you feel the tell tale signs of lag incoming.

It doesn't often work but it saves you enough to make it more bearable, and yet again if you want to fight something you have to choose wisely the spots to display yourself and tempt and attacker.

In short, emain in prime time during 3 realm instant rvr is NOT a good time to choose to start soloing as a pally.

And as already mentioned, few people will leave an unknown low RR be unless they are feeling especially sympathetic. And even if you do get a reputation, it just means they will want to kill you to be able to boast that they have.

Such is life.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
latenight and early morning/afternoon are good times to solo with a visual, for some reason everyone starts showing respect at that time. ;)

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
latenight and early morning/afternoon are good times to solo with a visual, for some reason everyone starts showing respect at that time. ;)

crap, I sleep then :(

damn irvr.. take stuff back already!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
been having a blast on my hero tonight, just avoid the Irvr areas :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, emain was crap but it was quite ok in other areas I wont mention, never actually got killed to be honest but got some nice solo fights.

Be nice if a few more people look outside of emain for solo action.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
it dont get much friendlier and respectfull than that bridge.

Your like sword and board paladin was awsome too. for a rr3 you take a battering do all the right things and play well.. you stick it out till rr5 and u start feeling the power up and like the 3 fights we had today you would prolly win all 3 or at least 2.

thanks for

kkallk (sp? lord mincer dude)
ejalt
shatter
saradon (give or take some minor indescretions)
your pally
jimotay
dotmonster
theoden
heorro (sp? the warrior dude with jimotay)
kalloth
illshunder (SB SP?)

for all the nice fights.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I actually found soloing good fun today for the first time since hib iRvR started. Loads of nice 1v1s around the bridge, and even those who normally gank/stealth zerg were generally allowing 1v1s to finish with a few exceptions, cheers guys :) Still wanna get an uninterrupted duel with censi and picklesprout though ;)

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Had some nice fights today, although I still had to be careful for the occasional gankers roaming. (hello fg, drop point camping, mids!)

Cheers to the people that leave 1 on 1 fights. I also noticed some leave players to live when he's nearly down. Dont expect to see this for me, I still need those rp's :p I wouldnt hold grudges if you finished me off in a fair fight as well. :fluffle:

That bridge is good fun and nerf vampiires :)

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
Same when I go out on my valk or sb, they both rr2 and die about 5 times before even making rp's, mainly because they not got templates or uber toa stuff ra's or ml's xD

hehe nice to see not all people being eliteist :) good luck :)

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
Soloing as a visual is a completely different ball game to soloing as a stealther.

You have to be much more aware of the routes the full groups are likely to take and the areas to avoid, and try to stay somewhere where you have a chance to litrally dive for cover if you feel the tell tale signs of lag incoming.

It doesn't often work but it saves you enough to make it more bearable, and yet again if you want to fight something you have to choose wisely the spots to display yourself and tempt and attacker.

In short, emain in prime time during 3 realm instant rvr is NOT a good time to choose to start soloing as a pally.

And as already mentioned, few people will leave an unknown low RR be unless they are feeling especially sympathetic. And even if you do get a reputation, it just means they will want to kill you to be able to boast that they have.

Such is life.
Well said this guy , solo pala in iRVR can be a keyboard smasher :<

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
heorro (sp? the warrior dude with jimotay)
for all the nice fights.

It's Heeroaw, and tnx to you too :)
P.S. Jimootay follows me around :twak: (joking jimoo, plz grp with me :fluffle: )

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
since hibs had have irvr i stuck to my usuallly ways but after so long it gets to u so when its zerg vs zerg ill join in,but i do try to avoid that and had the odd fair fights.the main thing that annoyed me was mos5 hunters poping me even when i had sl up and most off the time it was tesla who i now know how he/she gets rps.well tesla runs all the time only time tesla did fight me was when i was on 20% hp after a previous fight and he/she had to use fz on me right away to make sure that he/she won.

I hope irvr go's as i was haveing a good time going alb and not getting half the adds as i did now,go mid and u get all them that dont like to leave there realm.

p.s. sorry for type had a few beer's but i do speak the truth what i think.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
From a bard pov. I will kill all warlocks on sight, also every caster out there. However there are some people I will (at least try) to let go. Yes, you must have a reputation of not adding, and yes, there is a possibility I will not check the name in time before 3 tanks get you down.

To those that we have killed by accident (dotmonster is the name that comes in mind atm, but man, you come way too close jumping around sometimes :p) I'm sorry. However at the same time I have been PA'd and used as a pin cushion or a LT target way too many times both on the bard and on the druid, something that really makes me usympathetic towards stealthers and casters.

But as it has been pointed out, if you want to solo just try to find out the solo areas. It's not rocket science to figure out where one can find soloers.

Also i-RVR has started getting on my tits so I guess it's about time to get it over with.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"From a bard pov. I will kill all warlocks on sight"

Yeah definatly, warlocks have habit of putting an abrupt end to 1v1's or 1v2s and insta-gibbing casters.

It's a bit like counter strike, no one liked the guy with the AWP...

Lick

Loyal Freddie
Mirt said:
It's a bit like counter strike, no one liked the guy with the AWP...

so true, even the scout rifle is a pain :(

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Yes thx to the bridge crew, you know who you are. Had alot of fun last few days, best rvr in ages.

:worthy:

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
im soloing around costline - alb poc, would love to have more enemy stealther, scouts defending it,have lots of fun there fighting sometimes 2-3man groups.
Bevore IRVR you have also good fights around DC and Beno bridges but IRVR killed this (only zerging now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom