Respect Your Fellow Players

Zede

Part of the furniture
Just done a nice ML5 1 to 8 raid, with 2 fg.

Unfortunately, the raid leader and loot holder had to go very suddenly at the end of the raid. His instructions were "Just roll for what you really need" - which is fair enough. The loot was given to a char to lotto who was not expecting it.

Going through all the items, as you would expect, peeps rolled for stuff either that char, or an alt could use. The clerics and friars were quite excited in that varas medical logs 2 & 3 were in the lotto. Everybody so far, was just rolling for, as agreed, what they needed.

Varas come up, and an inf called "where" of the guild "immortals" rolls on both scrolls, and very very lucky for him gets them ( only 4 peeps rolled as only 4 clerics/friars present). Hmm fair enough, he may have an alt that needs them, no problem with that.

The guy, within 30 secs of getting the scrolls, is putting them up to the highest bidder, trying to sell to the clerics and friars who just lost the rolls. Nice hey ?

It just about respect - this guy clearly, plainly has none.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
there should be a disclaimer on the DAoC box:

"Respect NOT included" xD

Zede

Part of the furniture
lol just spoke to the GM of immortals, he seems to think this type of behaviour is ok...........

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
There is nothing against it - he wins , so they buy :-/ if people want it , they will buy it. Treat game like rl , someone gets it cheap they will sell for more.

Yeh at first I thought its a bit harsh to do it right after u got the item , but it is essentially his item to do as he likes.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
Technically it's like this, ppl want a reward for their work, so they try to roll for anything thats worth alot, preferrably the most expensive items.

Hower this usually results in what is mentioned above that someone not wanting it for the item itself, but for the cash it's worth get it, so it ends up being sold for a rediculous amount to one of the other players who just participated in the same raid.

Thats the pain with raids where there aren't made any agreements about loot distribution.

Bloodhunter

Banned
ROFL!!!! k
"Just roll for what you really need" was not said.
roll for what you whatever you want more like.

I did NOT pm them to sell scrolls
THEY PMd me!

AND I SOLLD SCROLL FOR 200GOLD THAT IS 10p+ ON CMs!!!!

Edit: Zede you also promised screenshots!!! gifv

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Its up to the raid leader to ban ppl like that from future raids as well as try to stop it in future.

I do agree thou, its not acceptable to win loot that others clearly need more if u intend on selling.

Thou if raid was signed as FFA lotto I see no issue.

Zede

Part of the furniture
As the title says, respect your fellow players. it aint a rule, just common decency.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Bloodhunter said:
ROFL!!!! k
"Just roll for what you really need" was not said.
roll for what you whatever you want more like.

I did NOT pm them to sell scrolls
THEY PMd me!

AND I SOLLD SCROLL FOR 200GOLD THAT IS 10p+ ON CMs!!!!

Edit: Zede you also promised screenshots!!! gifv

Well your intelligence is really showing. Please advise where i have said you sent them a PM ? And, you are a blatent liar. I know for a fact you sold at least one scroll alot more.

how easily the foolish are ridiculed.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Happens all time, wouldn't worry about it.

(Edit: If you dont know a raids loot rules beforehand, assume its FFA and stuff like this will happen. If you dont like FFA lotto raids dont go on them. If you're going on them for ML credit then loot should be of lesser importance anyway. Vara 2 (amongst other things) is problematic and this kind of stuff happens all time with sought after items)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Jenkz said:
Happens all time, wouldn't worry about it.

(Edit: If you dont know a raids loot rules beforehand, assume its FFA and stuff like this will happen. If you dont like FFA lotto raids dont go on them. If you're going on them for ML credit then loot should be of lesser importance anyway. Vara 2 (amongst other things) is problematic and this kind of stuff happens all time with sought after items)

Im fine tbh, I already have the scrolls. It appears this guys reputation preceeds him anyway :twak:

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
Well your intelligence is really showing. Please advise where i have said you sent them a PM ? And, you are a blatent liar. I know for a fact you sold at least one scroll alot more.

how easily the foolish are ridiculed.

you didnt say he sent a PM, but you wrote in a way that makes it look like he said " i will sell this scroll to the highest bider" or soemthing like that, and him making contact with the ones he wanted ot sell it to, when they are the ones that contacted him, asking to bye it.. Maybe he wanted it for a friend, or guildy..

And how can you know that he sold another scroll for more?

I know Bloodhunter irl, and he is a nice person.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
ALBINON ROCKS! Now gimme all your money and relics. :touch:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol for goodness sake no wonder this game dying out tbh, i remember sitting through brain numbing, eye bleeding, arse aching hours at sidi just because my friends needed a therg and i didnt want to be there was just helping them out, with loot lotto sometimes i got something sometimes i didnt i'd rather let the stuff go to the ppl that needed it and it isnt because im a nice person that i did this (cos im not especially) but its beacuse its part of the game to help your friends, help people that could be future friends and generally do stuff for a laugh and in team spirit. now though all people care about is making money to buy toa stuff or some crap, i think ive forgotten where i was going on this but i seem to recall it was along the lines of its a game you do it for fun and the money you make isnt real, items youve lost out on are not real i mean if someone came up ripped your kidney out and then proceeded to sell it to the highest bidder i would say thats a tad naughty and to be fair the people who are on a hunt should get stuff they need for the char they took on the hunt, anyway im just bitter cos the game i loved so much turned so money grubbing and bloodless

Zede

Part of the furniture
Amuse said:
you didnt say he sent a PM, but you wrote in a way that makes it look like he said " i will sell this scroll to the highest bider" or soemthing like that, and him making contact with the ones he wanted ot sell it to, when they are the ones that contacted him, asking to bye it.. Maybe he wanted it for a friend, or guildy..

And how can you know that he sold another scroll for more?

I know Bloodhunter irl, and he is a nice person.

becuase he was in a /bg

didnt u read my post ? he sold it with 2 mins of receiving it :(

and i spoke to the other people invoved, thats how I know he sold it for more

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
and i spoke to the other people invoved, thats how I know he sold it for more

Then you dont know it as a fact, as you said..

Im not calling you a liar, but you said "i know is a fact", and when you have been told by some1, you cant know it as a fact, only as a "rumour".

i dont like the behavior hes shown, if it is true. but show me some profe.. some SS, or something, that makes it a fact.

i personaly, only roll for stuff i need, if the stuff i need does not drop, i dont roll for anything else, unless its something i need on an alt, that no1 else on the raid needs for the char they brought to the raid.

But it is true, albion has turned into a realm of greed, where every1 thinks of themself, and not others.

as an example.. on a Ml4 raid, a good cleric BP droped.. a cleric won it, and i though "fair enugh, hes a cleric, he prolly needs it", but less than 20 houers later, i see that hauberke, beeing auctioned away on the trade forums, by that cleric. stuff like that just pissed me of.

Bloodhunter

Banned
SoulFly said:
O its bloodhunter again at it.
???

i only sold 2 scrolls 2o3 and 3o3
Itsnt it right that if you dont win a scroll you have to buy/farm it.

your just jealous every1 saw you crying while lotto cuz you didnt win anything, and other ppl is that friar that ripped me of and got scroll for 200g and send you to get me of his back cuz i asked for 1p for it as it costs 10+ on CMs

Attachments

• kiramar.bmp
    29.8 KB · Views: 58

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Just because a scroll sells for 10p on the CM doesnt mean its 10p worth :twak:

Bought all 3 varas for 1.5p and seen em go cheaper

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh in life you have no way of policing people who have no morals or politeness, people just tend to Ignore these people and let them live there lives solo. I personaly prefer lottos with rules but i dont mind ffa`s either, There are pros and cons to both.

If you find people who win things then sell offensive you should really ask if the lotto is going to be a ffa or not, They do after all have as much right to win something as anyone else on the raid. After a hard nights work and you havent been lucky enough to get a static, remains or a component or key then hey wtf go for a rare scroll .. At least that way you can maybe buy yourself an artifact Of an arti camper :twak:

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Originally Posted by Amuse
But it is true, albion has turned into a realm of greed, where every1 thinks of themself, and not others.

Exactly why i moved to hibernia... albion sucks!

Silat

Fledgling Freddie
<nods>

Firstly, I am sorry I had to leave so abruptly at the end of the raid, was just feeling quite ill and I thought it'd be better to dump loot on some unsuspecting person with room rather than just to log out with it.

It was a ffa lotto, I said so at the start of the raid. That means even if I had been there, I would not have stopped anyone from selling something they won fairly in the lotto.

(Bad manners to whine about someone ripping you off when you chose to press accept in the trade window to a price you had agreed, though! If you don't like it, don't trade.)

More than anything, don't let this ruin what was a quite successful raid. We took 2 groups through the necropolis and got 5.1-5.8 credit for both of them in reasonable time and without too much trauma. Members of the first group were decent and honourable and stayed to make sure the second group got credit, even though they could have faked link deaths or made excuses after the first run. Don't let the lotto sour you to that.

/salute

Zede

Part of the furniture
Bloodhunter said:
???

i only sold 2 scrolls 2o3 and 3o3
Itsnt it right that if you dont win a scroll you have to buy/farm it.

your just jealous every1 saw you crying while lotto cuz you didnt win anything, and other ppl is that friar that ripped me of and got scroll for 200g and send you to get me of his back cuz i asked for 1p for it as it costs 10+ on CMs

Your brains ability to process thought deminishes with every post it seems...

I didnt roll on anything lese beacuse I didnt need anything else. I am absolutely not, jealous. I already have the scrolls you tried to sell. You just dont get it do you ? The title of the post is "Respect your fellow Players" - you have no understanding of the meaning. Please go to dictionary.com and look it up, you may learn a new concept in your sad life.

Bloodhunter

Banned
i repeat: i did not try to sell scrolls! They tried to buy them. And they PMd me first.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
Big personality clash going on here.

If what bloodhunter says is true that he was PMed first then there is no problem , i spoke to Myrkul this morning and he says he payed 200g for em which is very fair price.

Talsar

Albion Legend
Ezteq said:
lol for goodness sake no wonder this game dying out tbh, i remember sitting through brain numbing, eye bleeding, arse aching hours at sidi just because my friends needed a therg and i didnt want to be there was just helping them out, with loot lotto sometimes i got something sometimes i didnt i'd rather let the stuff go to the ppl that needed it and it isnt because im a nice person that i did this (cos im not especially) but its beacuse its part of the game to help your friends, help people that could be future friends and generally do stuff for a laugh and in team spirit. now though all people care about is making money to buy toa stuff or some crap, i think ive forgotten where i was going on this but i seem to recall it was along the lines of its a game you do it for fun and the money you make isnt real, items youve lost out on are not real i mean if someone came up ripped your kidney out and then proceeded to sell it to the highest bidder i would say thats a tad naughty and to be fair the people who are on a hunt should get stuff they need for the char they took on the hunt, anyway im just bitter cos the game i loved so much turned so money grubbing and bloodless

:worthy: Tbh i could not agree more, i remember the days when you would just give your fellow gamer any type of loot that you had in your bag or in vault if you were near them.

now with the introduction of Foundations and of course To (Hate the damn quest) A, people do sell more often than they used to.

But well it is going to be christmas in about 6 months lets see if we have a few scrooges that furnish people with really expensive stuff for free.

LOL that is not a bad idea that i come to think about it.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Morphius said:
Big personality clash going on here.

If what bloodhunter says is true that he was PMed first then there is no problem , i spoke to Myrkul this morning and he says he payed 200g for em which is very fair price.

Interesting, as he was not even on the hunt. And I have already spoken at length to the people who did get the scrolls, and not matter what your guildie tells u, he sold em to the highest bidder.

Bloodhunter

Banned
i did not

Xyliana PMd me first to buy 3o3 i sold it to her at once and then that friar bought 2o3 thats all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom