Respect to GoA

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
I think we should just be grateful for getting the patch before the start of the US holiday season, since traditionally around that time is when mythic sticks their collective fingers up their collective arses and get snowed in or sedated by too much turkey :)

Anyone remember that time when GOA couldn't get Mythic to download some key files to them? Things are generally much smoother these days, like getting TOA compared to the hell of SI, lots of people couldn't play for a week after getting SI :eek7:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
As a programmer, I feel the speed that we get updates at is on the slow side if anything. To me Mythic already have written and tested the bulk of the software, some minor load tweaks might be needed to run on other servers and of course there is a substantial amount of text to translate and then test. But in the world of computer game development 100+days for conversion of an expansion pack to a european version on the same platform is not worthy of that much applause.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Requiel said:
The Friday News (in fact most of the English news) is translated from the French by translators who aren't native English speakers and then (unless I'm not in on that day) proofread by me (who is a native English speaker).

Hehe... I used to do the proofreading on a Friday morning, and I deliberately left in a few 'Kemorisms' so people would know it was written by a French GM :p

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
Hehe... I used to do the proofreading on a Friday morning, and I deliberately left in a few 'Kemorisms' so people would know it was written by a French GM :p

ha ha nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom