Respecs, is it really Mythic's Descsion?

W

wyleia

The normal line has been that GOA just takes what Mythic gives them and implements it on our servers.. So if Mythic doesnt want to give respecs to those classes who receive major line changes then GOA wont either on the EU servers...

But then i read the cam-eu grabbag:
In the 1.60 patch, Mythic introduced wedding NPCs in order to have wedding ceremonies. For now, we decided to remove these NPCs as we are designing our own wedding ceremonies, respecting the background of the game as it is on the servers

So this appears that GOA CAN and WILL take the content that Mythic gives them and modify/change it especially for the EU Servers..

The old policy was to grant respecs to classes receiving a major change in one of their lines. The new policy, according to Sanya's grabbag this week, is to only grant it to classes who's lines get weakened.. This must be a VERY new policy considering in the last few patches before the sorc patch clerics (and other healer classes) got respecs for the spread heal spell. Unless ofc spread heal makes the rejuv-type line weaker...

But all this is moot, as it appears that GOA can and wil modify the content that Mythic sends them for the EU Servers..

So, how about it GOA? Grant respec to classes that recieve major line changes so we can take advantage of these new features which were NEVER specced for before. And if you say 'Go kill the dragon', well classes that get weaker can also 'Go kill the dragon' to spec out of a weakened line if they wanted to as well..

A

Aravis

My guess would be that physical content, mobs, npcs and quests can be added/removed as GOA likes but elements of the game such as respecs are 'hardcoded' and can't be.

O

old.mattshanes

In 1.61 you will find respec stones can be easily to get.I do agree though by the way and mins/sorc may get a respec on tuesday.THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED from what i was told by a goa rep today.

O

old.Whismerill

Thats the main problem with MMORPG, if you modify the basis, then you have to allow players to live with it.

In the patch, yes sorcerers should get a respec, as should minstrels in 1.62 if I am not mistaken (like the 2 other classes).

S

SilverHood

they didn't give thanes a respec when they changed our stormcalling line from utter shite to semi decent

M

mavericky

Or shammys when they got end regen, they only give when they nerf apparantly

M

Meeks

When they moved savage from hybrid to tank RA list we got no respec.

When they reduced the cost of IP and purge for tanks they got RA respec :rolleyes:

T

Thorarin

I agree that Mythic's respec grants are a bit dodgy to say the least, but if Mythic doesn't give a class one, GOA will not give you one either, period.

At least, that's what they told me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom