respecc skill without losing autotrain

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
can this be done? maybe using a stone instead? cause using the free respecc we got with NF seems to strip ur autotrain.

Pin, help ;|

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
You cannot respec an auto-trained line without losing the points. You can however use a single respec stone, or a number thereof, to respec any non-auto-trained lines.

HTH :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
can this be done? maybe using a stone instead? cause using the free respecc we got with NF seems to strip ur autotrain.

Pin, help ;|

you sure?

did /respec all on my scout and i still had 12 points in longbow

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:

Pin, help ;|

It will, so don't respecc. Tried it with scout, 12 points i get in longbow are reduced from my total.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
<scratches head>

<goes off thinking long and hard>

Nope, sorry guys. Can't think of an easy way around it... You'll just have to go back to school and learn how to count.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
you sure?

did /respec all on my scout and i still had 12 points in longbow

those 12 are not autotrain, its just a minimum specc the game feels u should have, and those points are from ur total points.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Kohma Toes - 77-point auto-trained Minstrel - 50inst, 44slash, 8stealth.

/respec all

Kohma Toes - 12inst, 1slash, 1stealth - 2223pts to spend

train

Kohma Toes - 50inst, 30slash, 33stealth - 2pts to spend --- looks like he still has 77 auto-train points to me.

edit: must be some special mythic coding to reduce the fotm scout population :(

Ebra

Fledgling Freddie
Most funny when i respeccd my Scout i was granted my autotrain points wich i never had in the first place guess im lucky won't hear me complain :clap:

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't had any problems using full respecs. Before NF tho. But I think I read in a grabbag once that you shouldn't lose autotrain points, but once in a while it bugs, and you lose them.

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
Ebra said:
Most funny when i respeccd my Scout i was granted my autotrain points wich i never had in the first place guess im lucky won't hear me complain :clap:
You sure you got granted the points? Cus if you respec it specs to 12 in your autotrain line for you.. And takes your points. THere is no way you can avoid having 12 in your autotrained line after a respec..

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ebra said:
YOU STOLE NATHANIEL'S SPECPOINTS!!!!!

(or go count them again - my money is on you having exactly the same number before and after respec)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
those 12 are not autotrain, its just a minimum specc the game feels u should have, and those points are from ur total points.

opps didn't autotrain my scout, but am not sure still if i did and lost the autotarin points

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
would be nicee for a GM to confirm you don't lose autotrarin points, i was under the impression you didn't but dont really want to test it again :)

Ebra

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
would be nicee for a GM to confirm you don't lose autotrarin points, i was under the impression you didn't but dont really want to test it again :)
That autotrain should not be in the game at the first place

Justin

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure if it's a typo or not on the goa news/info, or they just didnt explain that point well enough

But usually, if you DID autotrain, and respec u lose nothing.

And.. If u DIDNT autotrain, and use a full respec, the your autotrain line(s) will still go to 12. but since you didnt autotrain it just takes the points from you normal (unauto'd) total spec points.

This is Pre-NF, i dont think it changed tho. ( could be wrong )

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
They are not lost if you will continue to spec in the line you autotrained after having done a respec.

What Mythic means is that if some class autotrained slash and wants to respec to say crush later, the 77 points that slash got for free from autotrain won't transfer to let you spec the 77 points into the crush line. Those 77 points are 'lost' in slash.

No points are lost at any time, unless the line you autotrained isn't going to be used after respec. When you respec the points you have are stripped, if you autotrained, you got 77 more points. Those extra points will automaticly be transfered to the line you initially autotrained. So IF you decided to NOT spec that autotrained line again you would NOT get to spend the points elsewhere. That's why some stupid people started to call them 'lost'.

No, they are not lost! If you autotrained slash, respecced to crush, you would 'lose' the autotrained points. If you THEN respecced back to slash you would get the autotrained points 'back'. (note, you never got them back, they where always there, they were never lost!):m00:

So if you autotrained stealth on your fotm inf:m00:, you will still have the 77 point advantage in stealth after a respec since you'll hopefully :) spec in that line after the respec aswell.

I wonder how many times I repeated myself in this post, but it's probably needed. :p

If you try to spec out of a line that you autotrained into a line you did not autotrain, you will not be able to spec it as high. That's because when you train, autotrain lines AUTOMATICALLY take however many points that would have been gathered via autotraining. You can thus get lines with autotrain back to the same level they were before you respec'ed, but lines without cannot go that high.

Points are not technically lost. But they can, in some specific circumstances, be lost to YOU – and customer service is COMPLETELY UNABLE to remove the points from the autotrained line and give them to you to use.

This is Mythic's own words.

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
don't ppl ever read the patch notes after they have downloaded them these days? :m00:

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
You lose autotrained points when doing a full respec.

1) Respec all.
2) It sets all skills to 0.
3) It then calculate how many points X, a class in you level have.
4) It then set minimum required skill-levels in lines like slash or bow and subtract it from X.
5) Facit = you have lost your autotrained points.

1) Do a single line respec in an autotrained line.
2) Since this is a single line only it has to calculate how many points was used in this line Y at first place, so it do say 33+32+31+30.... until 0 and those are given. It cant just set all skills to 0 like with a full respec.
3) It then set minimum required skill-level in that line taking points from Y.
4) Since autotrained points allready included in Y, facit = you dont lose autotrained points.

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
Kinad said:

1) Respec all.
4) It then set minimum required skill-levels in lines like slash or bow and subtract it from X.

2) Since this is a single line only it has to calculate how many points was used in this line Y at first place, so it do say 33+32+31+30.... until 0 and those are given. It cant just set all skills to 0 like with a full respec.
4) Since autotrained points allready included in Y, facit = you dont lose autotrained points.
Beep! Wrong. Read some of the previous posts. Especially Zenythes..

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Kinad said:

1) Respec all.
False in 2, 3 and 5.

Kinad said:
That's almost how it works, for all skill respecs (single and full), except any programmer worth his salt will do ((spec)*(spec+1)*0.5) - 1) for the calculation in (2).

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
I think the easiest way to explain it guys is...

Basically when you respec all it takes each of your lines, knocks them down by one point and fills up your points pool, in essence:

If you're 50 in thrust for example it takes 50 off, and adds it to your pool, then 49, then 48 and so on and so on. (Note, of course it doesn't actually do this, but this explains how you keep your points).

Once it's done all that, it then checks your auto train lines and adds those points back in reducing them from your spec points pool. In my instance stealth. So after that, you basically have all your points free except (in my case) the 77 it took to get my stealth back up to 12. That leaves me with 3694 points to spend (basically 3706 for being level 50, plus the 65 I got for auto training stealth up to lvl 46). After that you're free to dish out points as you wish.

Worked for me anyway - I made my spec out on catacombs using bonus points, respecced and could spec to what I had calculated no problem, no loss of 'free' points.

edit - maths typos lol

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
so much useless text simple awser is you NEVER loose autotrain if you had it at the first place.
if dident have it you will only loose at respecing if your a scout who dont wish to spec bow or a reaver who dont like sr etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom