Respec help...

D

Danamyr

I have a Lvl 27 Cleric called Riverwind (Hello Fin!), and need advise as to how to spec him come the next patch.

Presently he is something like 18 Rejuv, 18 Smite and 9 Enhance.

I realise Smite has had it's day (sadly), so I intend to focus primarily on Rejuv and Enhance.

Is this a practical approach, or should I retain something in Smite?

TIA :)

R

Ragnarok1978

Hiyas,

I played a smite cleric for a while on prydwen, before leaving alb. there. Smite has had it's golden days indeed, and since you now look more as to take the "pure" support role, here's a little advice:

Rejuvnation: 40-46, most people stop at 43 at the latest because the cost-benifit drops too low at that point.

Enhance: 15-27, here you can go higher for really sweet buffs, but the specline ones uses alot of conc, and your baseline buffs I believe are the same as those of a friar, so if you and a friar are in the same group you should have no problem dropping the 4 main buffs (AF, Dex, Str, Con) with the friar maxing out his conc first, and then still have plenty left over for you to drop your speclien ones on the most important in group (Aggromagnet, really weak member that HAS to survive, etc).

Smite: Whatever you have left in smite, should get you to at least 15-20 or perhaps higher. Smite is nto powerfull but it's still nice to interrupt enemy casters or get in that last blow at a keep raid, and so on.

Regarding realm abilities, most support clerics go for healing enhancing RAs, can't go more into details there tho, as I don't really know the cleric RAs :)

O

old.FIN

lol, yo =)

well about respeccing it should go like this....

at lvl 20 u get 1st /respec <line name>
at lvl 40 u get 2nd /respec <line name>

on those Respecs u name the line what u wanna be as 1 BUT....thats explained later , and the points what u have put there comes free.....

and then u can place them again where u want....

then there is /full respec
that will clear all your your lines to 1 BUT.......thats explained later
and then u can place the points where ever lines u want, full repsec u have time from 1.52 hits server 2 lvl's ( lol, edited in here fing , forgot it ) and if u r lvl 49 or 50, u can do it when u wanna =)

then

BUT!!!!!!!

if u have autotranied some skills, f.ex infil Stealth, Pally Slash and Chants...those r just examble characters, but idea is on autotraining...

Infil----

u do full respec as 50 , your stealth dont go to 1, it will be 12, and it will also USE those points from 1 to 12 from your spec point pool..so if u have autotrained stealth, and u do full repsec, u will loose that autotrain gaved advantage IF u have trained stealth more than 12 at lvl 50....i think "some" infils have more then 12 at lvl 50 =), if u still have stealth as 12 at lvl 50 look pally examble

Pally---

Pally has 2 lines of autotraining, chants and slash..

so when u do as pally full respec your slash and chants r 12, and your points been taking from spec points pool BUT if u have slash 12 and u havent trained it at all and u r lvl 50, like my pally ( slash 12 lvl 50) u wont loose the points from spec points pool..but on chants u have specced so it will use the points from pool to that skill.....

So if i repsec full my pally, i have 77 more points to use if i wanna turn to slash...BUT those who allrdy r slash will loose those points if they wanna choose some other style....same style as infil stealth goes..

and i dont have cleric so who i dont have a clue how to spec, maybe leave smite as 3, and do the rest =)

i think some lvl 50 clerics could asnswer here, plz

K

K0nah

enuf smite for a decent mezz/stun halfspec ish i guess, smite "nuke" dmg was always overrated. no bolts and no quickcast make clerics a poor excuse for a wizard imo.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.FIN
full repsec u should get when u hit 50..

not true..

when next patch goes in, EVERY existing character gets a full respec.

You have to use it before you gain two levels..

i.e. if you're level 31 when the patch hits you have a full respec.
If you ding 33 without using it - it's gone.

If yer 49 or 50 you get to keep it for as long as you want (lucky gits) :)

D

Danamyr

Thanks for the replies so far :)

One further question regarding the auto-training of skills.

Say I do a total respec, but put absolutely nothing into Chants, when I next log in, will my Chants have auto-trained to the appropriate level?

If this is the case it would obviously save me quite a few spec pts :)

F

Flimgoblin

If you respec your chants will only go down to 12 - and you'll only get back the points spent after 12...

no free lunch for respeccing (in fact if you respec a merc from slash to crush you lose 77 spec points :()

D

Draylor

As far as I understand it autotrain doesnt work that way with respecs.

When you respec I believe the points to autotrain skills are never returned.

Autotraining is only "free" while levelling, you cant take advantage of it when respec'ing :(

When you do "/respec all" chants (and slash for a pally?) will not reset to 0, but only to level/4.

EDIT: Bleh - Fingoniel said the same thing 2 mins earlier

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Fingoniel

If yer 49 or 50 you get to keep it for as long as you want (lucky gits) :)

:clap: :clap:

Very very true and the reason Bleri is back on the xp trail, going all out for lvl 49 this week :)

F

Flimgoblin

Heh. no chance of fing making it there...

that said, at the speed I level I'll have the respec for the next 7 patches ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom