Respec all and autotrain question

Nocs

Fledgling Freddie
Do you get benefit of auto train when you use respec all?

Kriv0

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, but u won't get the points extra. U will just have that trained all the time ie 12 extra stealth or whatever

Nocs

Fledgling Freddie
Wich points are gonna be in pally? Slash and chants correct? Im gonna buy a respec stone then 50 shield 46 chants 39 slash for teh win :clap:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Nocs,

My paladin is 50shield 39slash 46chants through autotrain.

I levelled with crush and shield maxed (no chants) all the way to 48, which was fun I can tell you! You then need to use a SINGLE respec stone on crush and put it into chants/slash. Full respec stones wipe the autotrain, so I'm afraid it's single you need. I think singles only drop in Sidi, but maybe off the Grand Summoner too. You can do the first few keylords with a group, so might be worth your while.

You could have extra fun, and simply max shield all the way to 48, leaving everything else blank. It's amazing the amount of groups that don't even notice if all you can do is block. Just put yourself an incredibly glowy slashy weapon in your RH slot, and people assume :p

Awesome spec by the way, I love it.

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Nocs,

My paladin is 50shield 39slash 46chants through autotrain.

I levelled with crush and shield maxed (no chants) all the way to 48, which was fun I can tell you! You then need to use a SINGLE respec stone on crush and put it into chants/slash. Full respec stones wipe the autotrain, so I'm afraid it's single you need. I think singles only drop in Sidi, but maybe off the Grand Summoner too. You can do the first few keylords with a group, so might be worth your while.

You could have extra fun, and simply max shield all the way to 48, leaving everything else blank. It's amazing the amount of groups that don't even notice if all you can do is block. Just put yourself an incredibly glowy slashy weapon in your RH slot, and people assume :p

Ditto here. My intention was have 2 forms of damage, crush n slash. On slash weak opponents, riposte->befuddler mixed with a dose of slam->backslash; on crush weak opponents, spam brutalize.

The game checks are done in the order: evade->parry->block->hit/miss... so by decreasing the chance to parry first, the overall block percentage would increase per swing the opponent took. so parry:1 shield:50 gives the ideal, its just rather fortuitous it fits with the nice stopping points of 39 slash and 46 chants with 0 points left over :) Judging by your chars name, I figure your working was something similar ;)

Still 47 atm, I forsee having a few problems against dual wielders as a slight downside with no parry and shield effectiveness halved.... any glaring realities I'm not considering/have overlooked will gratefully taken on board :fluffle:

Good luck with your Nocs

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
eggy said:
You then need to use a SINGLE respec stone on crush and put it into chants/slash. Full respec stones wipe the autotrain, so I'm afraid it's single you need.
Any kind of respec does exactly the same. Whether it's a single line, or full respec, from a stone, or free. If you auto-trained a line, you'll keep the points. If you didn't, you won't.
eggy said:
I think singles only drop in Sidi, but maybe off the Grand Summoner too. You can do the first few keylords with a group, so might be worth your while.
Only from Sidi. The summoners drop RA stones. But yes, a good, ToA'd group can probably empty Sidi nowadays.

Rigga Mortice said:
Ditto here. My intention was have 2 forms of damage, crush n slash. On slash weak opponents, riposte->befuddler mixed with a dose of slam->backslash; on crush weak opponents, spam brutalize.
The game checks are done in the order: evade->parry->block->hit/miss... so by decreasing the chance to parry first, the overall block percentage would increase per swing the opponent took. so parry:1 shield:50 gives the ideal, its just rather fortuitous it fits with the nice stopping points of 39 slash and 46 chants with 0 points left over :) Judging by your chars name, I figure your working was something similar ;)
In pure group RvR, 50 shield, 1 parry is a reasonable choice, but this is nothing to do with the reasons you gave - it's purely down to Parry being useless if your 'opponents' aren't hitting you.
Solo RvR (or duels, or small groups, whatever) you'll meet A LOT of dual-wielders, and having only 1 parry will hurt.
In PvE your job is usually holding aggro, while taking as little damage as possible, and again, dropping parry down is bad for this.

Basically, you don't care about getting the highest percentage of blocks, you care about having the lowest percentage of hits against you.
If you want a choice of damage-types for PvE to improve damage, you are better off getting a legendary weapon or 2 than to spam Brutalize every round.

(If I had a Pally with 154 extra points, I'd much rather drop Slash down to 34/29 and spec Parry to 18/25).

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
full respec dident whipe my autotrain but if u havent autotrained u dont gain any points.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

Or you could do the other option. Spec crush til 40, use the free respec at lvl 40 to go to 0 crush, then attempt to lvl 40-48 w/o any weapon skill except sheild.

I did it completely backwards because of /level - don't use /level it's a pain :)
Think it's fixed now too.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
respeccing won't gain or lose you points from autotraining...

however if you've specced slash all your life and want to go crush say byebye to 77 skill points.

Meanwhile pled muppet #1457682634 gets 154 extra points (two lines here of course) for being a burden to their realmmates for 48 levels.

Gotta love autotrain ;)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
bitter flim :p
if he is pl then how is he a burden silly

Praetorean

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I know, and it has worked for me in the past, you can /level20
a char (no benefits of autotrain), add a point (at any level thereafter)
and then respec - you will autotrain to level - you won't however then
continue to autotrain. In theory this means you could /level20 a paladin
PL it to 48, train once in slash and chants, use a full respec stone and
have 12 points in each. However you don't get the points you used to
initially increment slash/chants back - so u get 152 or 150 extra points
rather than 154. This may or may not matter to your final spec.

Personally I'd rather PL from scratch, 1-20 is very quick anyway.

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
i think they removed autotrain from /level chars in some patch

Nocs

Fledgling Freddie
I mean I will get 12 slash? I dont need the points just the skill autotrained, I know I wont get any other extra point but I think I will get 12 chants and 12 slash

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Or you could do the other option. Spec crush til 40, use the free respec at lvl 40 to go to 0 crush, then attempt to lvl 40-48 w/o any weapon skill except sheild.

Or you could find out that if you autotrain you would have enough slash spec to get the taunt style which is the only style you will be using in a exp grp anyway ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom