Resolutions and Text Size

J

Jonty

Hi guys

You'll have to forgive me if this is somewhat of a newbie question, but I've never owned a 'proper' high-resolution display. Anyway, I was recently checking out Dell's rather groovy 15.4" wide-screen, Centrino-based notebooks, which have a default resolution of 1920 x 1200.

inspn_8500_model.jpg

What I was wondering was: isn't the text on certain webpages going to be excruciatingly small? For example, I have a bad habit of fixing my font sizes to a certain pixel height (~11px). Now this insures that the text is always rendered how I like it, but I had never really considered how small 11px on such a high-resolution, but fairly small screen, may actually be. And since the user cannot change the font size up or down when it has been fixed, this could create trouble.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had a high-resolution display on a small screen (21" CRTs don't count :p), and, if so, whether problems do actually exist.

W

Will

I have a 19" with 1600x1200...and it does get a little bit blurred. 1920x1200 on 15.4" sounds daft to be honest.

J

Jonty

That's what I was thinking; especially with ClearType enabled. As beautiful as anti-aliased fonts are, that surely would only serve to compound the problem? :rolleyes: Hmm. Perhaps if I wrote to Dell they might send me a free notebook to test things out on? :p teeheehee

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom