Resists/Misses - some data

O

old.Noita

There has been some speculation about resists and misses changing since the latest patch. Especially in relation to bolt casters. So, whilst levelling my Runecarving spec RM I decided to take note of these things at various junctures.

Subject: Korppi - Kobold - Runemaster - DEX/PIE capped through SC armour - no buffs.

Casting sequence: Specline Bolt, Baseline Bolt, Runecarving DD.

Target #1(at level 20): 100 x Morvalt Krigsmen, Shrouded Isles - consistent "yellow" con spawn with minimal level variation.

Results%:
Clean Kills (No misses or resists) 52
1 or more bolt misses 36
2 or more bolt misses 10
3 or more bolt misses 2
1 or more resists 28
2 or more resists 16
1 or more bolt misses AND 1 or more resists 12
2 or more bolt misses AND 2 or more resists 2

Target #2 (at level 28): 100 x Plated Fiends, Darkness Falls - consistent "yellow" con spawn with minimal level variation.

Results%:
Clean Kills (No misses or resists) 54
1 or more bolt misses 30
2 or more bolt misses 8
3 or more bolt misses 0
1 or more resists 24
2 or more resists 5
1 or more bolt misses AND 1 or more resists 8
2 or more bolt misses AND 2 or more resists 0

Now - Im not very good with statistics or numbers in general (maybe someone like Solid will have a look and draw some better conclusions) but it seems to me that an average of 33% "crit shot" miss over these 2 tests is excessive as is a 21% "Twin shot" miss rate.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else with a Void Eld or Fire/Earth wizzie or even an Archer class could do a similar test whilst levelling for comparison purposes. However, what has to be borne in mind with comparisons with Void Elds and Fire/Earth wizzies is that unlike these classes RC Runies DO NOT get baseline pbt - they have to put a point or 2 in Suppression to get it - therefore RC Runies (if they want a bubble) cannot full spec and this in itself may serve to alter any comparative results albeit in a limited way.

SIDE ISSUE:
Can anyone explain to me why RC RMs get a heat debuff? To the best of my knowledge there are no heat dmg spells in Midgard so with the exception of debuffing for the occasional Heat weapon proc (most lev47+s have DoT procs in my experience) this spell is completely redundant.

A

allnewdave

Originally posted by old.Noita
Can anyone explain to me why RC RMs get a heat debuff? To the best of my knowledge there are no heat dmg spells in Midgard so with the exception of debuffing for the occasional Heat weapon proc (most lev47+s have DoT procs in my experience) this spell is completely redundant.

Ahh but on Co-Op servers......................... says Mythic :/

S

Sarnat

Does the heat debuff someway greatly hurt your playing or what? I mean RM really must be a true gimp because of the heat debuff...

O

old.Noita

No I was merely wondering why RMs have it? Did I mention it gimped in any way? Did I whine about it? Did I in fact complain in any single way at all about it except to mention that it is functionless and of no relevance whatsoever. All I did was ask a simple question... ie why is it there if its no use, in the hope that someone would have an intelligent answer.

Perhaps your sig should read "stupid is as stupid types?"

O

old.Tohtori

Now this is the part where i go...

Hmm..interesting, but...

And then you go:

"But what?"

But you allready know what i'm about to say. :D

P

Pempulla

I don't know what (if any...) conclusions can be drawn of that reasonably small sample. Also, there is variation of the base line (and spec line) spell level, isn't there (at lvl20 and lvl28)?

At lvl20:
17 Sigil of Destruction 118.3 2.5 sec. 10P Enemy 20 sec.
18 Insignia of Destruction 68.9 3 sec. 11P Enemy
17 Major Runebolt 92 2.5 sec. 10P Enemy 20 sec.

At lvl28:
23 Lesser Sigil of Devastation 156 2.5 sec. 14P Enemy 20 sec.
23 Symbol of Destruction 85 3 sec. 14P Enemy
28 Superior Runebolt 149 2.5 sec. 17P Enemy 20 sec.

Besides the 'minimal level variation' of the two different mobs can also prove crucial in the numbers.

Anyway, the number of misses seems very close in both samples and you should be getting less resists with the lvl28 spell (when compared to really any of the spells usable at lvl20...).

O

old.Tohtori

Sorry about the Matrix line by the way...couldn't resist...

MUAHAHA!! Resist! *rolls on the floor laughing*

Ok..ok..i'm going!

P

- Pathfinder -

All realms have a caster which can debuff heat - that no Mid spell does heat damage is another thing entirely :p

F

Flimgoblin

the total number of spells cast/total number of resists
and the total number of bolts sent/total number of resists would be useful.

If they're yellow enemies it should be around 15% miss/resist.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Sarnat
Does the heat debuff someway greatly hurt your playing or what? I mean RM really must be a true gimp because of the heat debuff...
Oh what a useful postbuff +1 to his stupidity account, almost as useful as a heat debuff in a realm with no heat damage.

Back to kindergarten child, perhaps they can tell you why its silly to have a debuff and nothing to follow it up with.

S

scarffs

The debuff is there to debuff albs when a lot of hibbies are casting at them :)
So you see, it has its utility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom