resistances for rvr

O

old.foolou

After reaching a decent lvl for drophunting, i'm trying to gather a good itemset for rvr.
(in fact it's the first time that i can select one of two items for some slots now)

I noticed that many of those other realmers have good coldresistance, which is easy, because elds mostly do cold-damage.

So what resistances do we Hibs need most in rvr ?
Any resistance that helps against getting mezzed ?:rolleyes:

O

old.Halfmad

Ok this might not be that accurate!

Albion Classes

Body (Cabalist, Sorceror)

Matter (Cabalist, Sorceror)

Mind (sorceror)

Cold (Theugist, Wizard)

Wind (Theugist)

Fire (Wizard)

Not sure what type Minstrel and clerics have though :(

Midgard Classes

Not sure, think Spiritmaster simply has "spirit" type magic, others.. I've no idea :(

Anyone care to correct this? doubt it's 100% accurate :rolleyes:

B

Brennik

Minstrel shouts are body and cleric smites are spirit I believe.

O

old.Halfmad

I'm assuming that mez/stun would be linked to "mind" resistance.

although it could be purely skill/level based :p

D

Danya

Stun is body, mez is spirit (broken). The resistance affects lengths, not chance of resist (which is level bassed). So 20% spirit should reduce all mez by 20%.

O

old.NorME

yay i have 28% spirit resistance, doesnt seem to help at all :(

B

Brennik

Basically the mezz/stun resists aren't working, because they aren't coded in the game in this version. Roll in 1.50...

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by Halfmad
Ok this might not be that accurate!

Albion Classes

Body (Cabalist, Sorceror)

Matter (Cabalist, Sorceror)

Mind (sorceror)

Cold (Theugist, Wizard)

Wind (Theugist)

Fire (Wizard)

Not sure what type Minstrel and clerics have though :(

Midgard Classes

Not sure, think Spiritmaster simply has "spirit" type magic, others.. I've no idea :(

Anyone care to correct this? doubt it's 100% accurate :rolleyes:

Wind for theurgist is actually sprit.

Clerics have spirit.

Fire wizards are heat.

Mind is also spirit.

Mez will be counted on spirit resists(later patch) to reduce duration.

Heres the general population.

Albs: Most popular classes are Clerics and Armsmen, after that there is theurgists and wizards.

So against albs you would like to have High spirit and heat resists. Slash and thrust NEVER hurts ;) Especially against those peksy assassins :p

Mids: Runemasters are mostly energy based, the rest of mid is MELEE ;) Hammers are really common in mid. Thrust doesnt exist cept for spears which isnt all that common ;) Also the healers CC spells will use spirit resist. Slash! is REALLY good vs mids, after that energy to dodge those icky picky bolts ;).

All archers use slash(best arrows are slash, crappiest are pierce).

So i would rate resists like this.
Spirit (soon to be mez and currently from Clerics and Air theurgists, which is quite common templates, Cleric is one of the most common enemies there is)
Slash (almost ALL melees use this and also the feared Shadowblades and ALL archers, really good resist to have around)
Heat/Energy (the bolt casters from the other 2 realms)
Thrust (the rest of the melee/assassin crowd, not that common but for spear armsmen and some infils.)
Cold (Ice wizards and Darkness runies, really unusual specs. Ice wizards are more common than darkness runies tho, the ONLY non hibbie pbae comes from ice wizards, so having a bit of cold resistance in your inventory for taking defended alb keeps can be useful.)
Body/matter (most shouts are from this resistance and also cabalists/sorcerors, BUT cabalists and sorcerors are 2 of the LEAST played classes in the game, so i wouldnt prioritize this resist. and most classes with shouts usually have some other resist to factor in including slash and thrust which helps against other classes as well)

Hope this made sence.

Users who are viewing this thread