Resist! Resist! Resist!

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Can someone please explain to me or tell me the calculations that go on when a spell is cast apon you to resist it ?

For EG, sorc casts mezz on you. What chance do you have to resist it.

etcerah etcerah

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Easy:

Sorc WFTPWNness-Youruberness*TOA Bonus/Sorclevel*petchickenlevel+radarversion-howmanypeicesofpizzainatrombone*timesyougotlaidinthelasthour-randomchanceoffindinga£50notedownthesofa = 42

No idea, but if I base te calc on that, i find I cant be arsed and its too late, im meezed then he mocs me and im dead while trying to figure it out.

Crocky

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Easy:

Sorc WFTPWNness-Youruberness*TOA Bonus/Sorclevel*petchickenlevel+radarversion-howmanypeicesofpizzainatrombone*timesyougotlaidinthelasthour-randomchanceoffindinga£50notedownthesofa = 42

No idea, but if I base te calc on that, i find I cant be arsed and its too late, im meezed then he mocs me and im dead while trying to figure it out.

you're an example to us all :m00:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Crocky said:
you're an example to us all :m00:
Oh, sorry, was being an E&E meant to mean I know every in game dynamic of the game and have no sense of humour, thanks for correcting me.:twak:

:spoiler: Yes I am drinking heavily. and I cant get the spoilre button to work :p

DirtyDiana

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Oh, sorry, was being an E&E meant to mean I know every in game dynamic of the game and have no sense of humour, thanks for correcting me.:twak:

:spoiler: Yes I am drinking heavily.

my aunty says you dont like me

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I think it all depends on the spell level and the level of the caster vs the level of the person you are casting on with a 5% normal resists rate.
So a level 50 spell vs a level 50 would get resisted 5% of the time though if your spell is below level 50 (which you can of course amplify by using MoF) then you will get a certain % more resists per level below 50.
You can see it easily on high level Mobs as you won't ever hit them with a spell untill you spammed enough pets on them, don't know if spamming pets on someone in RvR decreases their chance to resists spells don't think so though as everyone is yellow conned anyway in RvR.

I don't have exact numbers though I am fairly sure it's something like this.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:

:spoiler: Yes I am drinking heavily. and I cant get the spoilre button to work :p

You are an example to us all! Not all DAOC are number crunching wank stains! Hail Whoodoo :worthy:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Kami said:
You are an example to us all! Not all DAOC are number crunching wank stains! Hail Whoodoo :worthy:
Hail mighty Kami!! nice to see ya about still :)

Nate

FH is my second home
i can give u the calculations for if someone uses phase shift ;o

100%!

muhahahhaa....tis fun sometimes to run up to albs fg and act like im one of them ;o resistresistresist

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Q: Spell resists. Can you give me more details as to how the system works?

A: Here’s the answer, straight from the desk of the spell designer:

"Spells have a factor of (spell level / 2) added to their chance to hit. (Spell level defined as the level the spell is awarded, chance to hit defined as the chance of avoiding the "Your target resists the spell!" message.) Subtracted from the modified to-hit chance is the target's (level / 2). So a L50 caster casting a L30 spell at a L50 monster or player, they have a base chance of 85% to hit, plus 15%, minus 25% for a net chance to hit of 75%. If the chance to hit goes over 100% damage or duration is increased, and if it goes below 55%, you still have a 55% chance to hit but your damage or duration is penalized. If the chance to hit goes below 0, you cannot hit at all. Once the spell hits, damage and duration are further modified by resistances.

"In general, RvR is between opponents within 1 quanta of each other (in the frontiers for example, L45-50), and the spells cast are L40+. This results in a 2.5-5% modifier, which is somewhat lost in the noise of the bonuses from Int/Acuity, realm abilities, and modifiers from resistances. For characters using spells around L30, they will see a more significant reduction however, and this factor is part of it."

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Kami said:

Personally I've always liked to believe that our community has a perfect balance of geeky, number-crunching streaks of piss and loud-mouthed drunkards with the social graces of a toilet brush :D

Sure there are some who transcend all these labels though...I call these people simply "gits".

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Killswitch said:
Personally I've always liked to believe that our community has a perfect balance of geeky, number-crunching streaks of piss and loud-mouthed drunkards with the social graces of a toilet brush :D

Sure there are some who transcend all these labels though...I call these people simply "gits".
Think I qualify as a loud crunching streak of drunken toilet brush social pisshead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom