Resident Evil - Apocalypse

Comos

Loyal Freddie
How do you all expect this movie to be? Personally I liked the first one and at the same time, I think it could have been A LOT better. This may be weird, but I'm just such a die-hard fan of the game series, that I would find any film, made by any director, good. As long as it follows the storyline more or less :p. In the case of RE, I'd much, much rather have seen Romero direct it then Anderson (or what was his name) that did it now... I've read some of the script that Romero had in mind and it was great! It actually followed the video game much more closely then it has been made into film by Anderson today. Romero's script was actually showing horror, and not this high-tech, unrealistic kind of version that Anderson made of it... There's too much focus on the special effects, and hyper-gadget things that make it less real imo. Anderson just gave us "his" version of the storyline, which is too bad. Ofc, I still love the movie, as I said before.

NEways, I think this topic may have been treated a lot of times before, but just wondering what other ppl think about it, with the sequal coming up...

You're welcome to post anything related to the original or second movie here ! :m00:

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I had mixed feeling sabout the first film. It was quite similar to other video game conversions to the cinema but they didn't do a terrible job.
I'm looking forward to this second film as I'm hoping the director has taken on critisisms of the first one to improve on it this time around.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm quite looking forward to this also, I enjoyed the first one enough to buy it on DVD, more of the same only better and I'll be happy, any film with undead type things in it has to be good, it also has the bloke out of The Mummy in it, Milla Jovovich who will hopefully get naked and of course evil killer dogs.

On a side note of Evil Dead type things not really a new piece of news but incase anyone missed it, it looks like George Romero is going to add another film to his Dead trilogy, which will mean it won't actually be a trilogy anymore but anyway entitled Land of the Dead the film synopsis is...

The zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers.

The drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

Sounds good to me. :clap:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Have to say, I loved the teaser trailer for RE:Apocalypse.

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
Speaking of game/movie tie-ins, I've been watching the trailers for AvP and I have a sinking feeling that it will both suck and blow.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Yes , i got that feeling when I saw a preview , looks like all potential may already be lost , fingers crossed though.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I loved the game, found the first movie a load of hogwash.

The only thing i like was that bloke who looked like Max Payne.

Gowen DownTpub

Fledgling Freddie
Stay away from this steaming pile of squirrel shat. This film is evidence that there is a worse director out there than Paul Anderson, all i want to do now is scrub my brain clean and forget that this film was ever made.....

BEWARE THIS FILM WILL HURT YOUR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't think it was that bad! Were you expecting a mind blowing story and oscar winning performance? :p

There was alot of missed potential...

Nemesis could have been used alot better. He should have been on a rampage, hunting down Lickers... ripping through zombies and humans alike.

Jill submitted to Alice too early, they should've stayed in competition to prove who was the "baddest bitch" until the end.

Not enough zombie killing and gore for a (15) rated film.

If you liked the first one, you'll enjoy this too. As far as Game > Movie transitions go, RE is still the winner!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Looking forward to this.

Liked the first one a lot (got it on R1), so hopefully this will be just as good.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
noticed a couple of rockstar referances in this, the GTA one "10 points motherfucker" bit , and manhunt bit when the pay phone rigs.

oh and the cinema being named Westwood.

i was fucking bored during it, milla jovovich is nice to look at tho

Comos

Loyal Freddie
yak

seen it now, can't even imagine I used to have hopes for it. To the ppl who have not seen it yet and thought the first was "ok" ... DONT go see it, rent it, download it or whatever, it completely sucks :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It was an enjoyable, well made action film. Zombies, guns, Mila :)

What did expect? Good night out in my opinion.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
They should just make a feature length version of the first game, complete with the same actors. That would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

And get girls that don't look anorexic.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I thought Sienna Guillory looked fairly stunning :)

Sienna > Milla tbh :p

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I found the the starting film clip of Resident Evil 1, alot better than both movies.

:touch:

Cyradix

FH is my second home
But.... it's Milla Jovovich!! ;)

The movie is ok if you are bored on a sunday afternoon....

Gray

FH is my second home
Hmm managed to watch it tonight. Absolute boring shite :/ The camera work was absolute wank making it a very unenjoyable movie..

Still, got a few more movies coming this week so should get this out of my head hopefully to be never seen again :/

Gowen DownTpub

Fledgling Freddie
I've Heard recently that they are shooting a 3rd and 4th back to back.

in my opinion the 3rd will suck and the 4th will go straight to video.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Yay another thread back from the dead just like the film it is based on.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Was wondering who bumped this :S

Hmm... A 3rd & 4th? That's going to be... Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom