Resident Evil 4

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else looking foward to this game?
I found two movie's that might spark some interest, i can't wait for it.

Movie 1

Movie 2

Looks like it plays a bit like Metal Gear Solid, and i welcome to change i will miss the fixed camera, but this looks like it gives alot more freedom.

Think its out on Gamecube in february, and PS2 next chrismas.

p.s I love the way you can shoot them in the leg so it slows them down, then run up and give them a swift boot, nice way to save ammo :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Ah nuts to late to edit it aswell, am sure they worked when i did a test.

Let me try anuther url.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Gah that 5 mins edit thing is a bit annoying.

Why is it so short, anyway i looked alot of places but i could only get the ign link.

Here

Don't think you have to register to view the media player files, i downloaded the full res gameplay video's from Fileplanet.

If that don't work i give up :p but the two Gameplay movies are worth a look for any Resident Evil fan.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Also Head over to Gamespot for a decent video preview.

Ada Wong gonna be back

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Can't wait for this either, been hurridly trying to play through 2,3 and code veronica so im ready for this, well I still have 3 and veronica to go but they scare me so damn much I haven't started them yet!
Love this series of games and this one is going to be A-mazing! :clap:

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The link i gave dident have the amazing movie set in the Village.

That was some stunning AI, am trying to not read much about the plot ect.
As i did that with number 2 and 3, so i ended up knowing what goes on.

But i did see the screens of Ada Wong, should be cool to find out what she is up to, last time i saw her she was throwing a rocket launcher at me so i could blow up that big Hulk/Tyrant bloke at the end of RE2.

Nemesis scared to crap out of me as he used to follow you everywere, but these new monsters break down doors, even if you put a shelf in front of it, use ladders to get in from upstirs and come in huge numbers.

Wonder if we will see any other people from previous Resident Evils.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah the AI is rather impressive, and I do like the free-form way of doing things like you mentioned. Have you seen the video of the fight with the big monster in the lake? It looks amazing. Not sure its going to have the same fear factor as the others though, because it doesn't have the fixed viewpoint. I think the fixed viewpoint takes a lot of the control away from the player which adds a lot to the helplessness you feel when playing, whatcha think?

Faithless

Fledgling Freddie
Yep think you hit the nail right on the head there, some of the demonic camera angles such as looking in through the glass from the outside (feels like the camera is actually something outside looking in at you) add to the effect immensly.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
its coming out on the ps2 as well it seems:) good news fer me as everyone still plays monkeyball on the GC at my place

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Capcom Europe today announced that Resident Evil 4 will be released on March 18th 2005 in PAL areas.

Bah thats a bit lame, US get it in January.
The ps2 version won't be out till about 1 year after the Gamecube release.

*sign* i was hoping for a february release, no dout by the time its gets to us the plot will be spoiled and everyone will know what goes on.

Bloody hard trying to resist spoilers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom