Reroll in Hibernia!

O

old.Shengi

First post on this board.

Im thinking hard about rerolling in Hibernia.
I have a few questions first tho.

You guys still need folks for your realm? (otherwise I go Mid)

As I currently play a scout I was thinking Ranger, I did a ranger on Pryd server and took it to lvl 6. The damage I made was about the same as I did with my scout.
This far, I cant really see any differences between the two, Besides the fact that Rangers got selfbuffs. (And Luris being more fun to look at)

Im also thinking NS, I like stealth and sneaking around.
How hard is it to get a group playing any ?

And also, hows the weather ?

M

Matinex

Hello, you are welcome to play in hibernia as we need all experienced players we can get now, doing better and better, but what we LACK of are these classes: mentalist, wardens, these classes are NEEDED and not many of them, here are some other classes that we got few of, but not so much group friendly: nightshades, blademasters. Or if u want to get asked into a group every 20 secs, play a bard. Anyways, we got loads of rangers, eldritchs, enchanters, heroes? but you could always spec in different ways and still be wanted in groups and so on.

Oh well, welcome to hibernia if you choose us :)

O

old.Shengi

thanks for your quick answer Matinex :)

Ok, so these classes is what you need.. but are they any fun to play???

A

Aeiedil

NS are a fun class, however grouping can get bloody hard at later levels atm

O

old.chesnor

I defected from Midgard recently, deleting a lvl46 Healer (25days played heh). I rolled a Lurikeen shield/pierce specced champion (gimp!) for the sheer hell of it. I must say that I've had a great time so far, many people have been really helpful and I'm having a wheeze levelling my midget. Roll a Lurikeen and join our midget only guild, you know it makes sense :))

And to change subject a bit, any other shield/pierce luri champions out there ? I suspect that I am gimped but would love to hear from someone who has stuck with it. (And yes I know Champions suck in RVR period. But I dont care, I just wanna have fun )

O

old.Niljindil

I do know that mentalist is fun to play ;)

Not because of anytnhing else but the fact that i can be.

Healer
Nuker
Ae nuker
Mezzer
Power battery ;)

I can do ALOT of things in a group, which more or less means i almost never do the same thing in a group more than 2 times in a row. And, variance is fun
:clap:

O

old.Halfmad

Like the man with too many vowels in his name said NS is hell to level over level 30, which annoyingly when our characters really start to blossom.

One thing I do know is when my bard and NS get into the upper 40s I'm gonna groups with as many NS as I can and help them get levels. We REALLY need more NS in RvR, there's so few over 40 its pathetic.

and no I'm not one of the over 40 crowd.. yet ;)

A

Aeiedil

Enjoy the easy 30's exp while you can Kami, at least then i could just about solo :( Now soloing takes a long time to get anywhere, I can get exp in 8 figures but its both hard, risky, and slow.

O

old.Zanaa

I made a Lurikeen pierce/shield champ to level17, more or less for fun. At that level, he has 265 base hp, does 2*the dps with his shield as with his piercer, and a same level Druid takes aggro from him if he doesn't use styles...so yes, you will probably be gimped overall, altho u get a slightly better shield block than other classes. Guess you can compare it with a kobold warrior with some debuffs and reduced hps :m00:

Zana, Lliad Ddraig

O

old.Laryssa

@Aeiedil: if u think it's hard to find a group on later lvls is only for NS hard then hear my story - i seek since lvl37 for groups and it's so hard to get one - I solo now MOSTLY and got lvl39 losign about 50g on the way due rez-costs. :rolleyes:

I'm a bloody mentalist ... support class :)

Maybe we should start a group together next time we meet :)

btw, thx to tarakiwa who invited me to a EZ-Group last week which really rocked - 5b in about 3-4 hours was exceptional.
:clap:

O

old.Shengi

oh well!

I went with what I know :) archery.
Doing 2 scouts I just have to do another..

Safeway first then we will see bout the rest.

Thanks all for your answers.

.. . honey, Im home....

O

old.Reno

Chesnor
About pierce/shield champs, you might want to read Demerzel's post, even though he's an elf much of it would apply to Luri pierce champ.

O

old.giriam

I've played with you in innis a couple of times laryssa, just want to add a little something..

finding a group in innis at level 37 (unless you are a bard or druid perhaps :p) isnt something that happens very often. its a bit too low for most things down there.

37 is perfect for the CM pit though..

Im not aiming this at you partiularly, its just that a lot of people constantly try to "group upwoards" and get upset when they cant.

G

O

old.Halfmad

Starting to think that we have problems for all classes once they reach around level 40 its not isolated to just rangers and NS. Possibly due to a lack of support classes online or being unable to get the right suppost classes to do EZ etc.

We need more people spamming looking for groups :p

O

old.Laryssa

giriam, it is not my attend to powerlvl my char - ok the EZ group was nice in which i stumbled.

I soloed from lvl 31 to 39 now mainly - Innis is still not open for me :(

What do they need??

I can PowerRegen2, Nuke (lvl35 spec nuke), Mez, Heal (113pts), stun ... can't understand why i'm not able to join ANY group ...

I got used to it and will do daemhen aeirs for another lvl i guess - i'm always flagg out for group - but no invite ( i gave up to beg for groups coz it's just embarassing for me to bother peeps with my tells).

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

EDIT: CM is same picture ... and i regret it ... :rolleyes:
EDIT: And I'm not upset about it - just disappointed :mad: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread