Requiel ...

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
As your about atm i need a question answered please .. can you camp an artifact mob .. ? eg - Gaurd of Valour <Danos> or Som <Shades Of Mist> because i have seen many people place alts at these places just so no one else can have it . Is it against coc ? can you clear this up for me as many albs seem to argue and fall out over the same thing time after time : ( :eek6:

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
If that alt is going to be helping in killing the mob then I would deem it fair.

But if they have a lvl 20 alt camping it then no way hossey, take the mob for yourself why they are still getting their main there imo.

Using a /level to camp is a bit lame and unfair tbh.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Camping a spot means nothing, the first person to "pull" the mob has legal rights to it.

So if Buffbot#9862 is camping SoM for the third day in a row, you turn up and the encounter spawns, you can go ahead and pull the mob without breaking the CoC. Generally if someone is actively camping a spot, I'll leave them to it. But if there's a blatantly afk buffbot loitering around the area and I'm ready to pull, I'll start the encounter :p

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
I'm not Requiel but I'll tell you anyway...

A mob is not claimed until it is pulled or the encounter started. However it is possible that one group can be doing the encounter and another group unintentionally pulls another aspect of the same encounter... This is what the Code of Conduct covers

It comes down to common sense and treating people with respect. If someone is camping an arti mob then ask them if their group is on its way. Wait a reasonable amount of time and if they don't get their bums in gear and get a viable group together then offer them BG credit.. this isn't covered by the CoC but it is covered by being a decent human being.

We won't get involved with mediating disputes about who was camping what where unless the actual mob was stolen after the encounter was started.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
In the end it comes down to one thing, you cannot legistlate into a COC the attirbutes of common sense, politeness and common courtesy.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
I would call it common curtsey to not take a mob if someone are there before you and want to kill it. I don't have a second account. Still i would respect anyone who were camping a mob. Even if it is a /level char. But ofcourse not everyone would do this and i can fully understand how some people find it wrong to be able to camp with an alt. But still i would not "steal" their mob.

Morimdin

Banned
so if i'm actually sitting at a camp for 34 hours, then the encounter pops and someone comes and does the encounter while i'm left out, that is fine with the COC? if so - change the COC imo :/

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Morimdin said:
so if i'm actually sitting at a camp for 34 hours, then the encounter pops and someone comes and does the encounter while i'm left out, that is fine with the COC? if so - change the COC imo :/
Yes that's fine with the CoC. No we don't need to change it.
A mob or an encounter does not belong to you unless you are fighting it. That's as far as we can legislate. Players can come up with additional rules of fair play/courtesy but we don't and can't police those. Just because you had someone watching for the encounter to spawn, doesn't mean you own it. If another group comes to do the encounter then they aren't breaking the CoC if they start it while you can't.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Imho he who pulls gets, haveing an alt on watching for pop is kinda the same as not haveing a buffbot :eek: no buffs = disadvantage, no 2nd acc for camping arti's = less likely to get the majorly camped artifacts i.e GoV etc etc just the way it is :p

If you cant dual boot or run another acc on another terminal then just have one of ur chars logged nearby, logging in and checking every so often would increase ur chances of catching the pop. Amusing in a way coz I've done Danos round 8 times and he's only be camped once by a buffbot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom