Request: Advice on implants

J

Jonaldo

Could anyone tell me what implants are good and which are shite? And for what reasons they are so.

Was thinking of doing some sniping so considered the target thingy, but then remembered that most of the guns aren't that accurate over vast distances anyway that it's probably a waste.

The speed one sounds ok as it's always handy to run fast and either the stamina:shield or stamina:health ones might be useful also but was just wondering if they are totally shit and not even worth taking seriously?

(remember lots of the RA's in DAoC sounded good till we got them and they did roughly.. Fuck all)

Any advice would be appreciated, thankyou.

P

[PS] Glaive

Have a look at this site, lists all of them

planetside.stratics.com/content/gameplay/implants/index.shtml

I would say go with Advanced Targeting first as you can see the enemys health.

S

SilverHood

darklight vision - infils are easy pickings

Audio amplify - good when wanting to kill grunts

Health regen - handy when you havent got a medkit

:D

X

Xtro

When sniping with the Bolt thingummy (technical description) I find Adv Targeting invaluable.

You can switch implants out remember so don't worry about them being one time only choices like RA's in daoc (someone correct me if I'm wrong but it was like that in beta!).

I used the Health Regen and Darklight in beta, Health one is good - I can make out infs a lot of the time anyway so am not too fussed about Darklight again.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Yeah, you can switch em over wih no downtime. Adv Targetting is ok over a distance, but if you're into close up or max combat it's a bit pointless. Surge is stupidly good as an infil, our OL was running around capping every tower on foot faster than I could get to them in a max suit. Darklight is nice if you're on your own, but if you're surrounded you can almost 100% garuntee that someone else will have it, plus as Xtro says you can pick up moving infils without it. Second wind with the life saving style affair sounds good but it's virtually pointless as you' end up with no stamina thus unable to run away from whatever is killing you. The health recharge is ok but you can normally get to a terminal anyway.

O

Old_Bean

I just love the Audio implant.
When you are indoors you can see the nasty buggers coming up around the next corner and lob grens or whatever before they appear!
Although It can be confusing because you can also hear/see enemies who are above & below you. But you can usually work it out from the room layout if they are in the same room or near you. Great for towers!

Also shows infils rather well too. I love it when an infil runs around in a room I'm in and when I face them, they suddenly stop 'cos they think I see 'em. Then they move again very slowly and I keep facing them, then they panic and I shoot the bastards.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

If you're an infil you can have a lot of fun with melee booster. Get up close and personal and you can kill any grunt in 1-3 hits. Having said that, it's not the most efficient way to kill folks, and it's not without its risk.

I've tried it out and it's fun, but not really uber. Planning to switch to surge tonight.

C

CliffyG

I use a punisher as my primary weapon and got increased magnification as it only comes as standard with x2. Even at x12 mag i can still take out an enemy in one round of ammo as long as they have light armour and the punisher isn't that accurate. Just have to do single shots. It would be invaluable to a sniper.

Is the audio implant constant or do you have to activate it in exchage for stamina like most of the others?

O

Old_Bean

Stamina exchange with audio implant, just like the rest.

However, the beauty of it is that if you stand still, your stamina doesn't go down!

In fact it goes up slowly. It's only when you run around with it that it goes down. I think they'll probably nerf that soon.

P

[PS]Venom

Personally I've tried a lot of things and keep coming back to advanced targetting... It's just useful. One use that hasn't been said about is the fact it allows you to pick off targets at a greater distance - not just giving the health bar. It also has a low stamina consumption.

Although I took DV earlier today to kill about 4 stealthers trying to hack mah base :D

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by old.Lianuchta
Is the energy shield thingy any good?

Krypt swears by it, but I found it completely useless.

G

Gekul

If you're going to snipe a lot advanced targetting is excellent. Can pick off the ones that are already damaged, and it's just generally a useful ability considering you can have it running all the time.

J

Jupitus

I've got the defence boost implant atm, but I always forget to activate the bloody thing... grrr... do they do any passive ones or are they all 'switch-on-and-use-up-stamina' based?

S

Siven

Advanced targetting is great for snipers, and can be useful for every1 in the right circumstances.
I also like Surge, helps me get to a better sniping postion quicker :)

3rd implant i havent decided on. Darklight doesnt suit my style of play, i will probably go for regen health.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Siven
Hello my name is Siven and I'm shy.

What's up with you posting mr quiet ? :)

Give us a shout ingame, hi mate :)

M

Meatballs

Adv Targetting is nice if you are a vehicle whore, your stamina never decreases so you can leave it on permanently. If your a MAX the same is true, darklight is nice on max's and the audio one.

I love surge when Im running around as infantry, helps to get around faster, and also can get you out of some tight spots. It wont work at all in a MAX however.

The second wind is terrible, it heals you for 25hp (and you have no armour left), which generally wont save your life in more than 5% of encounters.

As a medic I dont really have any use for the health regen one, but I guess it could be useful.

S

Siven

Originally posted by Xtro
What's up with you posting mr quiet ? :)

Give us a shout ingame, hi mate :)

guess ive just been bored ;)

Gonna get the game at weekend, so may give ya a shout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom