Republic the Revolution is shit

O

Ono

Apparently.

Released last week and pretty much fuck-all mention of it online.

No hyperbole. No rave reviews. No one's bought it.

E

evilmonkeh

well its ok...
im kind of at the point where im not sure if im actually playing or not..
i tell my chaps to do something, they do it and i get some support.. i move onto the next area and get some more and keep going it till i have lots.. at least in theory but the ai allways takes back support and it endsup being one big game of cat and mouse.

sure i cna get better tho :)

W

Will

I bought the game. I've not installed it just.

I need more time.:mad:

Y

Yaka

i have installed it, played it and it don’t live up to hype or the BS Demis Hassabis or wot ever he is called was claiming over the past few years. the gfx engine is good but not up to expectations (considering the claims the makers made about it) and the game is different, plays similar to some board games, claims that the game can be pld 80% in 2d mode is prolly true and it totally lack any atmosphere. despite this it aunt bad but not a great game by any means.

6/10 from me

C

Ch3tan

I bought a copy of Pcformat to read on the plane, forgot how much I realied on mags for good gaming news (i'm too lazy to scour the net, and having all the news/reviews in one place is easier). They said the game lived up to none of its hype and was all pie charts and 2d maps.

D

Darkov

Heh, it had a screwed up release, we got the junk in for it months ago, then the games arrived last week, all advertising says release 5th September though, so something really went wrong for it to come out last Friday instead.

You know he handed control of his company over to someone else.. just goes to show some wizkid programmer can't run a business, and clearly ain't so hot at designing games either! :D

I

~INCOGNITO~

Read the hype.
Waited.
Waited.
Waited.
Brought Game.
Installed.
Played.
Deduced needed to read manual.
Left on shelf & turned to planetside.

G

Gumbo

Turned to Planetside!!!!!1!!

It must be rubbish!

/me avoids.

C

CptDoom

Its a really good game imo. Been waiting 4 years for the bastard so i may be slightly misty eyed but as it happens its a damned good game.

The political stuff is handled great, i like the options available and how they are released as and when u get a greater amount of people working for you and i do think i will ebd up finishing it.

However the 3d engine is a complete waste of time and does nothing but eat resources and destroys any real kind of flow.

A very rough diamond.

Users who are viewing this thread