Repost: GOA as Daoc service provider

How happy are you with GOA's service?

• Perfectly happy, they do a good job.

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • Quite happy, though there's room for some improvement

Votes: 91 17.1%
  • Not particularly bothered.

Votes: 44 8.3%
  • Unhappy, there's a lot of room for improvement.

Votes: 210 39.5%
  • Really unhappy - they suxxor.

Votes: 153 28.8%
  • Would rather not answer

Votes: 10 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not bothered at all about the patch delay as it gives us the chance to adept before the patch is released here unlike in the US where your entire template could be destroyed by 1 patch and you had no time to prepair for it.
Also since they have to do all the quests first if we are stuck with something we can always look up a walkthrough of the quest as where they have to find out themself etc etc.
Also we get the decent versions most of the time the less buggy ones anyway.

Sure the lag is a problem but I don't think it's a reason to say GOA doesn't do a good job, played quite some MMORPG's lately and I can tell you it could be worse than GOA, alot worse.
Also when asking or reporting something I normally have my answer the next day (Well don't have my items back yet but that's the only thing that took longer than a day for them to fix it seems).

Generally speaking I am quite pleased with the service GOA is providing.

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
correct me if i'm wrong. but couldnt GoA sue Opentransit (france) for the loss of imcome due to ppl canceling their account because of lag & damaging their good name?

Seems reasonable to me tbh.

if they did that maybe Opentransit would do something about it asap?

send to GoA imo. maybe that'll speed things up (altho i guess GoA is smart enough to have figured that out them selves)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
And afterwards coca cola sues dentists for income loss due to them telling children that sugar is bad for ones teeth...

some corrections as my earlier post can't be edited anymore:

Voted Unhappy not really unhappy ofc :)

Lokir

Fledgling Freddie
Crappy...

2 month since i lost everything on one of my chars and still havent got anything
but an automated reply.I havent heard of any other mmo
where they have fucked up that bad. Then we have the OT thing
witch you could not directly blame goa for but ill never start playing a
game that have the server in france again....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:
correct me if i'm wrong. but couldnt GoA sue Opentransit (france) for the loss of imcome due to ppl canceling their account because of lag & damaging their good name?

Seems reasonable to me tbh.

"iF" GoA have any service level aggrements(SLA) with opentransit, and if they do not stick to them, then they can be penalised.

Wish i had a SLA with GoA, or for that matter was two differant companies running DAOC in Europe.

:m00:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Lets get one thing clear as people seem to be under some sort of missapprehension.

Opentransit is owned, run and maintained by France Telecom. France Telecom fully owns Wanadoo. Wanadoo is essentially a subsiduary to market FT's ISP services. In turn GOA is Wanadoo's vehicle for production and marketing of online games for Wanadoo, which they decided to concentrate on after selling off their offline games operation.

When you see those financial reports for FT, they include all of Wanadoo's and GOA profits. They are one and the same.

This means that FT will never allow Wanadoo and in turn GOA to shift ISP provision to another company as it will directly effect the bottom line figures for FT. At the moment its just shifting cash around with one umbrella organisation. It also means that the idea of GOA sueing their own company, and in reality bosses, will never ever ever be viable.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Oh and whoever it was thought that the way they handled the database problems for Prydwen was ok is extremely forgiving. It was all but a complete disaster, and still is with people still having outstanding characters to restore. From the perspective of those people, it has been a server downtime of 3 months.

Still I really hope that the lag problems are resolved as soon as possible, as for a lot of prydwen people it's the last straw.

Take a look at prydwen.net to guage some of the feeling there.

Tilda

Cromcruaich said:
Oh and whoever it was thought that the way they handled the database problems for Prydwen was ok is extremely forgiving. It was all but a complete disaster, and still is with people still having outstanding characters to restore. From the perspective of those people, it has been a server downtime of 3 months.

Still I really hope that the lag problems are resolved as soon as possible, as for a lot of prydwen people it's the last straw.

Take a look at prydwen.net to guage some of the feeling there.
However, its not really down time as
a) people can play alts
b) theres nothing to stop you re-requipping them
c) Not all charas on an account are stripped ususally.

Also, prydwen.net has turned from a nice place for hib/pryd to post, with a generally friendly community, to a pit 90% full of flaming retards, no wonder the GM's have stopped posting there.

Tilda said:
However, its not really down time as
a) people can play alts
b) theres nothing to stop you re-requipping them
c) Not all charas on an account are stripped ususally.

Also, prydwen.net has turned from a nice place for hib/pryd to post, with a generally friendly community, to a pit 90% full of flaming retards, no wonder the GM's have stopped posting there.

True tilda ;) they could have played alts and even re-equipped the characters... but its still fact it shouldnt have happened in the first place ;) as for prydwen.net i think most of the old hib players that posted there stopped playing :p this be the new generation of l337 kiddies

Banana

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

and freddys house is so very nice and loveable normally?

Satyn

Fledgling Freddie
Banana said:

I have to agree. Before slagging off another forum take a look at the one here first. :) IMO

Crocky

Banned
Banana said:
ofcourse , freddyskampf is very nice and lovely. it's either that or you'll be executed by ze modz :m00:

Tilda

FH is less flame-ee than pryd.net
I'd start banning people right left and centre if they started acting like they did in the final pryd thread that lead to the GMs leaving pryd.

Banana

Fledgling Freddie
first of all - appologies for hijacking the thread and replying so irritatedly to your reply. I often say the same regarding freddys house therefore it was wrong to be sarcastic over it.

hmm perhaps peeps had gone overboard and one or two had unfortunatly started personally insulting requiel however most of the comments were directed at goa and not requiel. 99.9% of the forum would never blame requiel as we know its not his fault. to stop posting on a forum simply because of that though is kinda bad as it is another community forum which is widly visated like freddys house. Unfortunatly though - with community forums - if peeps get annoyed then they will say so and well..hard to stop them as they have a right to be annoyed.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Banana said:
first of all - appologies for hijacking the thread and replying so irritatedly to your reply. I often say the same regarding freddys house therefore it was wrong to be sarcastic over it.

hmm perhaps peeps had gone overboard and one or two had unfortunatly started personally insulting requiel however most of the comments were directed at goa and not requiel. 99.9% of the forum would never blame requiel as we know its not his fault. to stop posting on a forum simply because of that though is kinda bad as it is another community forum which is widly visated like freddys house. Unfortunatly though - with community forums - if peeps get annoyed then they will say so and well..hard to stop them as they have a right to be annoyed.

And as i stated in another thread, at the first sign of insults a customer service operater has the right to terminate all communication. Doesn;t matter if you got a right to be angry or not, you need to bring your issues to the board without insulting or degrading wording. It goes for both posting on a forum and dealing with them in phonecalls.

So just as an insurance customer service operative has the right to hang up the phone on someone, Requiel has the right to refuse to return to a forum where a % (no matter how small) insult, belittle and degrade him

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
At the risk of sounding like an utter GOA fanboi.... the service THEY provide aint that bad.
Appart from the Prydwyn data base corruption (which can happen to any company) there is little downtime on the servers.
Granted updates could be quicker but I beleive this is partially Mythics fault?
Lag as an ongoing issue is OFTEN not the direct fault of GOA. Yes indeed it may often be the fault of "open transit" from GOA's parent company but thats hardly the fault of the guys working for GOA.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
I've only had lag the past week, so just because _your_ lag started in october doesn't mean everyone elses did.

Have you tried checking if your ISP has problems or if your computer has other problems?

Thats interesting, I used pingplotter a bit lately due to the lag, and its usually from a certain french ISP...

Then again, I might be wrong, my ISP must be the one who is causing the lag, yep. Thats it, it must be, cant be a certain french host messing up AGAIN. Ohh noo, that cant happen. Must be my own fault.

:rolleyes:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cadiva said:
Not necessarily true at all. At the time Mythic announced GoA would run the EU servers they were, in fact, the first gaming company to provide a purely EU service, the other gaming companies like Sony have followed suit.

It isn't at all certain that someone else would have offered to run the service,

Think your wrong. It's purely about business and profits.

Mythic obviously went looking for a Euro provider to this game. They saw a market there but did not want to make the investment in infastructure themselves. GOA didn't just turn up on their doorstep and ask to help. There was a business case to make money based on projected Euro player base. Mythic chose GOA because they had the best business case and thought they would provide a good service. IF GOA had not come forward I'm sure someone else would have done.

If not, Mythic would have opened up the servers themselves. may have taken a while longer but it would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom