Report - Dragon Raid

O

old.Wildfire

The short version is that it failed. All those of you who don't give a fuck about why can leave now, content with your "ignorance is bliss" mantra if you so desire.

For those that do want to know what went wrong, and what needs to be done for next time, here's my report.

- guilds not turning up
- people sticking the dragon
- people not ressing

The plan was for 11 guilds to turn up, each with 12+ people. 11 x 12 = 132. Having spoken to the GMs of the guilds involved beforehand, many told me that they would be able to bring more than 12, 2fg being the most common figure quoted to me. The one exception to this beforehand was Royal Bavarians who said they would likely only be able to bring 8. As others were expected to make the number up to the usual 150, this was not percieved as a problem. I will not mention names here and I ask others not to either, but as it turned out, 2 guilds cancelled at the last minute. I would like to say thankyou to Crusaders of Albion for doing their best to fill in, though in the end it was in vain. For the next raid please only sign your guild up if you know you can get the numbers.

I stressed before the charge that no-one was to stick the dragon. There are two reasons for this - if people stick, they're close together. If people are close together, more will die to AOE. Also, if you stick the dragon, the dragon will twitch. He will try and move around, he will try and move towards you. In short, it's a bad thing. On today's raid it was clear that lots of people were stuck to him. On the next one, DONT.

By my own admission, I didn't make one of my points clear enough at the start. Clerics and friars should not be doing any healing. After the first AOE (about a minute into the fight) we were half dead. Usually at this point, people start mass-rezzing and we're back in business within about 30 seconds. Today, that didn't happen. If you're a cleric, paladin or friar, your first priority is to res people. Hitting the dragon is second on the list, and healing is so far down it, it's not even worth mentioning.

We'll go again next sunday, same time. GMs who are interested and who are sure they can get 12+ people to attend without hassle, please contact me.

J

Jergiot

maybe ppl are willing to follow and obey orders if u dont call them morons? :[

O

old.Wildfire

maybe if you're going to make irrelevant posts you shouldnt bother

L

loxleyhood

Neither posts are irrelevant Wildfire.

Point of first post is maybe you should consider inviting one or two more guilds.

Point of second post is that everyone will do things much quicker and more willingly with a little politeness.

T

Tranquil-

Something that could be done is to get everyone into the CG and make only raidleaders talk. Easier to get information through etc.

If everything was perfect it wouldn't be needed, but I can't see any loss by doing it either.

O

old.LandShark

Had the dragonraid not come immediately after a 4hr+ Sidi raid, I imagine those guilds would not have dropped out. Dunno, wasn't there.
Jerg: people are morons though!

A

Aule Valar

put your stick in its mouth so it couldn't close it?

J

Jiggs

parry.jpg

parried apoc and dragon today :)

bastid resisted DoT :(

G

gunner440

its a fake pic

EDITED AS U CAN CLEARLY SEE

J

Jiggs

this was a long time before you even got there, was trying to solo him!

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Had the dragonraid not come immediately after a 4hr+ Sidi raid, I imagine those guilds would not have dropped out. Dunno, wasn't there.
Jerg: people are morons though!

tbh, there was over 2 hours gap between them. enough time for most people to get well and truly drunk ;)

O

Ocond

Shame is failed mate, and I know how u feel, putting effort in to a raid and fewer people than expected turn up :(

I think tbh with the Sidi raid, and its sucess ;), after that a lot of the "die hards" couldnt really be arsed anymore and wanted to either log or go emain.

Only thing that can be said is better luck next time.

B

Belomar

Was a nice try. I do think SS would be up for another go next Sunday. In regards to getting everyone in the cg, I think that's the right thing to do (and I did voice this in the command cg a few times). The reason is that with the current system you have to do a lot of redundant rehashing of what is said in the cg to your guild (for which you will have to use /gu since you can only be in one cg at a time). Instead, put everyone in the cg and make it listen only and everyone will be sure to get all information.

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Belomar
Was a nice try. I do think SS would be up for another go next Sunday. In regards to getting everyone in the cg, I think that's the right thing to do (and I did voice this in the command cg a few times). The reason is that with the current system you have to do a lot of redundant rehashing of what is said in the cg to your guild (for which you will have to use /gu since you can only be in one cg at a time). Instead, put everyone in the cg and make it listen only and everyone will be sure to get all information.

I agree... There will allways be n00bs on these raids... 1 n00b can get half the raid killed....

O

old.Filip

I agree... There will allways be n00bs on these raids... 1 n00b can get half the raid killed....

bahhh i can remember me getting the HB zerg killed on several ocassions ... not just half of us.

Filip

Minser of HB

B

Belomar

Originally posted by old.Filip
bahhh i can remember me getting the HB zerg killed on several ocassions ... not just half of us.
That's because you are a very special noob, Filip. :p

J

jilson

unlucky wiffler, you'll get that respec stone soon buddy.

Sorry for not being able too make it :( poor show by me.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Maybe leading a dragon raid involves more than simply setting up a cg?
Not sure though, was lying on the beach getting a suntan.
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Wildfire

Excellent, another "i wasnt there but here's a cheap shot" post to add to the collection.

P

peting

And I dotted the bastard for 24 per tick and last time for 79 per tick. (And I was in melee range all the time and did not autostick. I hit him for 1 (-1) with the staff ) :)

T

ToKE

Agreed.. Politeness goes along way, which is something FC don't seam to be able to grasp.

Fuck peeps hate us, but at least we ASK people to help out, instead of TELLING them what to do

fuck you all.. :twak:

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Belomar
That's because you are a very special noob, Filip. :p

Dont get any ideas, he is our n00b... !!!

O

old.Affydaffymezu

Agreed.. Politeness goes along way, which is something FC don't seam to be able to grasp.

:( Thanks for the generalization my friend, it's nice and very mature to slag an entire guild based on the words and actions of some ...

Afun Mindbreaker
Proud and polite Sorceress for First Cohort

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom