Reply on Dear Hibbies, By Xajorkith

Hitandrun

Fledgling Freddie
Dear Hibbies,

Anyway afterwards we’d though we’d pop along to Breifine with our detergent to help clear up that red virus that has plagued the fair and beautiful green lands of Hibernia. Captain Tartan gave us strict instructions not to attack any “hibbies”[*] and off we toddled only to be ganked by Hibbies twice before we even managed to see any Alby scum!

So what I ask is that if you see a Midgard group, led by a black Runemaster,

I just wanna say we should make a day were MIDS and HIBs go into albion and help eachother get the relics back tbh, im not a big rvr dude and dont have any high rr, but i think the albs are just taking advantage of the situation that they are the leet zergers, soo what im saying is: cant we make an arrangement for 1 day too go get our relics back to were they belong? fight side by side and just pawn the albs realy good and show em we dont take that crap for em?

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
/ignore flames

Back on topic.
I can't ever see Mids and Hibs fighting side by side; there will always be some faction from ones realm that will be RP horny.
What I can see is one realm aiding the other when the time is right, much the same way Hibernia took one of the Bledmeer keeps from Alb which took stress off the Mids fighting elsewhere during the recent Relic Raids.
Hibernia has always been good at this type of thing just like when they took Mid power relic from Mid when Mid were fighting Albs at Nottmoor :)

I think the closest thing to fighting side by side will be to split up Alb in half and each take their half and to stay out of each other's way. This will force Albion to be play on a double front in their own frontier, and I suspect they'd still win! :(

I'm not even sure how the rest of Mids view this, it could be that our group is in the minority!!!

I think both Hib and Mid perhaps empathise with each other, certain members of White Rose do seem to only want to kill Albs (which I'm happy with) and the more overpowered (Scout, Scorcer, Infil etc etc) and overpopulated Albion becomes the more people feel like this. Since day one I’ve always killed Albs in preference to Hibs and this is because I always respect the underdog, and besides most Albs on these boards are complete tossers!!!!! :flame:

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Xajorkith said:
/ignore flames

Back on topic.
I can't ever see Mids and Hibs fighting side by side; there will always be some faction from ones realm that will be RP horny.
What I can see is one realm aiding the other when the time is right, much the same way Hibernia took one of the Bledmeer keeps from Alb which took stress off the Mids fighting elsewhere during the recent Relic Raids.
Hibernia has always been good at this type of thing just like when they took Mid power relic from Mid when Mid were fighting Albs at Nottmoor :)

I think the closest thing to fighting side by side will be to split up Alb in half and each take their half and to stay out of each other's way. This will force Albion to be play on a double front in their own frontier, and I suspect they'd still win! :(

I'm not even sure how the rest of Mids view this, it could be that our group is in the minority!!!

I think both Hib and Mid perhaps empathise with each other, certain members of White Rose do seem to only want to kill Albs (which I'm happy with) and the more overpowered (Scout, Scorcer, Infil etc etc) and overpopulated Albion becomes the more people feel like this. Since day one I’ve always killed Albs in preference to Hibs and this is because I always respect the underdog, and besides most Albs on these boards are complete tossers!!!!! :flame:

Seconded!

I think its about time the Hibs and Mids did unite to bring misery to the Albs.... theyve been running around for a few weeks now under the pretense of skill, where it is obvious to most that it is numbers that give their power. Think not albies? Then fine, when the Mids and Hibs pact together for a while, we will then show you a fair fight. And finally you'll be able to whine about Mids and Hibs joining together.

Unfair, you think? Well you shoulda thought of that before you joined the nasty soap dodging albies, just because they had the most numbers. Shame on you ;)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Hitandrun said:
I just wanna say we should make a day were MIDS and HIBs go into albion and help eachother get the relics back

That would be cross realming and, if proveable, earn you a nice ban for Xmas.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
*And our survey says (funny noise) * Wrong it is not cross realming, cross realming is when a person run's two accounts on the same server in different realms, for the benefit of one of the two realms (effectively Spying), joining together cannot get you banned because there are no rules saying if u see an Alb or Mid YOU HAVE TO Kill them..

So go back to sleep little albie... your zerg will be calling you in the morning.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Deliberately communicating across realms and organising co-ordinated attacks within game is cross realming and will earn you a ban. Please try it and see.

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
Deliberately communicating across realms and organising co-ordinated attacks within game is cross realming and will earn you a ban. Please try it and see.

Dont you have a alb forum to annoy ppl in? :)

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
I'm nothing if not fair and equitable - I can annoy everyone in every forum ;)

Damn, I was afraid you were gonna say that. :)

Oh well lucky me I am going to sleep tomorrow so I will have something to do at work tomorrow when I read your 100+ posts :p

Coalface

Fledgling Freddie
That would be cross realming and, if proveable, earn you a nice ban for Xmas.

I am just curios... How will you get proff of this activity? This is just a languid musing on my part you see, because I don`t think that people would really post their intentions to ally on FH (at least I don`t think anyone would be stupid enough to do it).

Of course it could happen, since the stupidity of man is truly remarkable...

:fluffle:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Right, prove it that anyone has crossrealmed. The chances of getting a ban for getting reported as an "omgcrossrealmor" are astronomical.

Having said that, I wouldn't team up with hibs ever, stajijiojiojion and m8s dps debuffing left 'n' right :eek:

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie

Code:
[highlight]Code of Conduct - Dark Age of Camelot[/highlight]

Last update : February 2003 

Our aim is to provide the best possible playing experience for Dark Age of Camelot, both in the game and on the official European site. To achieve this, everybody wishing to benefit from this service should respect this Charter of Good Conduct.

Legality
o illegal activity is permitted within the Dark Age of Camelot, on its site or more generally in the environment connected with the game. The encouragement of such activities or the supply of means by which such activities could be practised will not be tolerated.
It is forbidden to supply the means of access to software of an illegal and/or harmful nature (such as viruses or hacking/pirating programs).
Links connecting to websites which do not respect this Charter are liable to be removed, as are links to websites of which the contents are judged to be inappropriate by members of the GOA team. Furthermore, we offer our members the possibility of publishing content (mainly texts and pictures). However, we reserve the right to delete any elements of such content that do not respect this Charter if they are judged to be inappropriate by our team.
Under no circumstances can GOA be held responsible for the contents published on the site by its users.

Responsibility
ll users are responsible for their own actions in the game and on the site, and for any comments that they make there. Furthermore, GOA cannot be held responsible for any lack of protection on a user's computer.
Content published by users is their sole responsibility.
We reserve the right to remove any content published by users, without issuing prior warning to the user concerned.
Under no circumstances can GOA be held responsible for users' actions.
The user must be positioned at his or her screen whenever his or her character performs an action that normally requires human intervention (activating a macro, issuing a command, pressing a button, etc.).
When you receive advice, the choice of following such advice is your responsibility. Remember that users giving you advice may come from very different backgrounds and have very varied levels of experience (although they may not be aware of this).

Contributing to respect for the Charter
elp us to make the site and the game a place of conviviality and community. You can do this by respecting the Charter and encouraging others to respect it.
If you meet users who do not seem to have understood the Charter, politely invite them to read it.

Rules of good conduct
sers are expected to show respect for one another, to contribute to the cordial atmosphere of the game. Harassment of another person, insults or remarks intended to hurt another person will not be tolerated.

Of course, we expect our members to express themselves using correct language. Similarly, racist, xenophobic or revisionist remarks, or remarks displaying intolerance of a religious, ideological, philosophical or similar nature will not be accepted.

"Flooding" (the rapid systematic repetition of one phrase, which interferes with communication between users) is forbidden, as is all abuse of the means of communication that can be accessed on the site.

It is forbidden to pretend to be a volunteer, a Gamemaster or a member of the GOA team.

It is forbidden to indulge in hacking (pirating) activities and to encourage others to indulge in them. It is also forbidden to distribute software enabling such activities to be practised, or viruses and other programs or scripts that may harm other users.

The role of volunteers is to help other players (often sacrificing some of their own playing time in the process). We will react particularly strongly to any persecution of or threats made to volunteers, as we will to any such behaviour directed at GOA and the people working for it.

Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.

GOA accommodates servers in three different languages (English, French and German). You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels, please use the language of the server.

Names of characters and guilds
 lthough character names in keeping with the age and kingdom in which they are to develop are welcome, players are free to give their characters whatever names and nicknames they wish, as long as they respect the following rules. Please note that these rules also apply to guild names and surnames.
- No names with insulting, degrading or racist connotations.
- Names must consist solely of alphanumeric characters.
- No religious, sexual or political references.
- No brand names, product names, character names or any other elements subject to copyright.
- No inciting of illegal conduct.
- No references that degrade other players' characters or GOA personnel.
- No titles of nobility or prestige. Some of these can be acquired on the Camelot battlefields. 
- The names of legendary people from the three kingdoms are tolerated, but please bear in mind that developments in the game may bring these names into question.
- No names that could suggest that the character may belong to the GOA team or have the status of Volunteer or Gamemaster.
- No names of towns, regions or characters in the game. If necessary, however, guild names may make reference to such places or characters.
- All these bans also apply to combinations, homonyms and alternative spellings of such names as are disallowed by this Charter.
GOA reserves the right to implement penalties imposed on players whose character names impair the community spirit of the game. 

The role of volunteers
irst and foremost, it is important to remember that volunteers are above all players. They have chosen voluntarily to become more involved in the game and have received the approval of GOA. They are not subject to any form of constraint and are entirely free to play without the obligation of carrying out volunteers' duties.

They must therefore respect this Charter without enjoying any specific privileges over other players.
For safety reasons, GOA will limit the number of volunteers and ensure that these roles are not entrusted to people seeking to spoil the atmosphere of the game.

It is possible that volunteers may be entrusted with specific abilities to enable them to help other players and maintain the good atmosphere of the game.

Volunteers may play the role of a particular character assigned by a Gamemaster (GM) for a given period of time. For each NPC, there is a specific NPC sheet that is given to the volunteer. This sheet details the character's personality and limitations, and his or her role in the different frameworks written by GOA. Any volunteer who does not respect the aforementioned limitations will be divested of the NPC role, in order to avoid any problems relating to the storylines and events written by the GOA teams.

Gamemasters will never give volunteers NPCs who may be liable to kill other players, even during the struggle between kingdoms, or NPCs possessing a craft score. These two aspects of characters will remain the privileged domain of the players.

In the event of technical problems, volunteers (particularly moderators) or GOA technical assistants may be required to give advice to users. We would draw your attention to the fact that both of these parties can only give you advice, and not the one and only solution. It is up to you to follow this advice if you judge it to be appropriate. Any modification that you make to your computer system remains your sole responsibility.

GOA reserves the right to suspend or withdraw a volunteer's privileges at any time. We consider this to be the best way to protect the user community from potential abuse of these privileges and to prevent any such abuse. Moreover, the abuse of these privileges may result in the termination of the account involved, as may any other violation of this Charter.

Any player is free to adopt the role of "advisor" during the game, via the "/advisor" command. He or she can then receive requests for assistance from the other players and user his or her experience to help them. As with all other elements of the game, abuse of this status with a view to spoiling the atmosphere of the game may result in the imposition of penalties. . 

Property and publicity
 DAoC account is personal and individual. You cannot open an account in the name of a company, an association or any other legal entity without express prior written consent from GOA. You are also not entitled to give, sell, lease, lend or exchange your account under any circumstances. No virtual object, character or currency in the game may be the object of a pecuniary transaction, under any form or circumstances. Any activity of this kind may result in the application of various sanctions, including termination of the account.

GOA provides you with a large number of spaces for expressing yourself. It is forbidden to use these spaces for commercial or advertising purposes.

Penalties
OA reserves the right (at any time and without prior notice) to reduce access to or block an account temporarily or definitively if the user has not respected this Charter, has encouraged another user not to respect the Charter or has caused harm to the user community.
Characters whose names do not respect this Charter may be renamed by GOA. This does not exclude the imposition of other sanctions concerning this particular violation of the Charter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advice to users 

We strongly advise you never to give personal information that could be used to identify you (social security number, telephone number, home address, etc.) to anyone you do not know.

GOA reserves the right to modify this Charter at any time and without prior notice. By accepting this Charter, you also accept the changes that may be made to it. We advise you to come and consult the Charter regularly to see if changes have been made, as it is frequently revised with the aim of encouraging convivial behaviour on the site.

Can’t see any of this wonderful cross realming stuff in the COC... Please enlighten us.

smilewhenyousaythat said:
within game

so doing it out of game is ok then?

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i dont see how they could have a rule to tell ppl what they do outside the game. So what if ppl may have a communication outside daoc, thats not up to GOA or anyone else to tell them what they can and cant do outside daoc.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
/em looks for a /chattoalbs command in game... anyone know the abreviated version of it?

Theres nout stopping anyone in a cyber cafe, or on IRC from talking to each other, what they do in that chat room aint in game, and therefore not bannable.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
No there isn't anything to stop you communicating outside the game - but co-ordinating cross realm attacks is against the game rules and if proven will earn you a ban. Try it and see.

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
Yet we still see no evidence of this so called rule.... Ive read the COC and it says jack all about cross realming... so where is it? if i was a new player how would i know that this could get me a ban?

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
No there isn't anything to stop you communicating outside the game - but co-ordinating cross realm attacks is against the game rules and if proven will earn you a ban. Try it and see.
Co-ordinating cross realm attacks is not against the game rules...

What is against the game rules is if a person in midgard tells a person in hibernia where certain mids are, numbers, etc... So that the person in hibernia gains an advantage over the mid(s)... Otherwise also known as in-game spying... Which doesnt happen a lot, and people in the past have been banned for this when a couple of relic raids failed because of it...

However, cross realm teaming (as one could call it) is not against the CoC...

Midgard and Hibernia teaming up to kill albs might not earn the respect of Albion, but who needs it... But its fully legal, and would fit perfectly into daoc-lore, where two enemys briefly unite to attack a common (much larger) enemy...

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sounds like the alb is scared imo, and as i recall when mids recently had to defend their relics against two forces in one realm.

Coincidence ? perhaps but in no way was that cross-realming either and tbh if i were to see a realm under attack from another then as the third realm i'd want a piece of the action, as that's where everything will be concerning rvr.

There's nothing that would suggest the same thing were happening again save it might just look a little different. But monsieur alb, each realm has it's own aims/goals and what they do to get them is their own concern. If alb was effectively split in two and had to defend on two fronts then that's what's known as tough crap tbh.

Finally, sooner or later you are going to have to accept this as the norm with your relics being split up next patch anyway leaving all realms vunerable to a double whammy attack, and there's piss all you can do about it because that's what the next patch was designed to do - make it harder for the dominant realm to keep hold of relics :p

bjorne

Fledgling Freddie
Been waiting for weeks for mids to give it any kind of shot. C'mon get off yer arses and take a run at them.

If there was any possability to do a relicraid against albion and pull it off we would do it trust me, althou almost every keepsiege i´ve been on since NF start mids have actually been outnumbered in the end by atleast 30 % more albs. Yeah it´s possible ti beat a larger force but mid haven´t had much sucess so far....

Me Myself & I

Fledgling Freddie
Lorra said:
Yet we still see no evidence of this so called rule.... Ive read the COC and it says jack all about cross realming... so where is it? if i was a new player how would i know that this could get me a ban?
How would they ban 2 realms supporting eachothers against 3rd? it would leave only albs playing - and that means NF release would be useless waste of money - so if any1 can pull it off - go for it :drink:

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Me said:
How would they ban 2 realms supporting eachothers against 3rd? it would leave only albs playing - and that means NF release would be useless waste of money - so if any1 can pull it off - go for it :drink:

2 realms attacking a third is OK.

Using outside communication systems to co-ordinate attacks, plan - crossrealm - is not OK. So if as it has happened since NF realm A sees realm B attack part of realm C, it is OK for realm A to exploit this. It Is not Ok however for realm A and B t communicate both before and during an attack and co-ordinate efforts.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
It Is not Ok however for realm A and B t communicate both before and during an attack and co-ordinate efforts.

And how do you expect Goa to handle this ? "suspend realm A and B" perhaps ?

Haton

Fledgling Freddie
2 realms attacking a third is OK.

Using outside communication systems to co-ordinate attacks, plan - crossrealm - is not OK. So if as it has happened since NF realm A sees realm B attack part of realm C, it is OK for realm A to exploit this. It Is not Ok however for realm A and B t communicate both before and during an attack and co-ordinate efforts.

so basically you just rephrased what magmatic wrote .. :wanker:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
well you could look at it another way, to rephrase him, he's cross-realming as he puts it so that he can anticipate an attack on his realm thus according to his own CoC (and somewhat gimped observation of what the actual CoC says) he has broken his own rules and thus should be banned for it. After all it was him that has pre-empted the majority of the replies on this thread, so imo dood stfu else ban ur own ass imo unless you have something more productive to say than /provoke us when frankly we got our own business to attend to, THANKS IN ADVANCE GIMP.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
the morale of all this is one: ..................KILL ALBZ

cheers!!!

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Koyochi said:
And how do you expect Goa to handle this ? "suspend realm A and B" perhaps ?

How about just suspending those involved? Isn't too hard to look at server logs and spot a coordinated attack if a complaint is raised. But as i said - you think its k and doable without consequence then give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom