Replacements for no-show clans

W

wildthang

Just a quick question. When will you be picking replacements for no-show clans from the pending list, and how will you be selecting the lucky few who get into the league?

Cheers lads

www.dogsofwarclan.co.uk

B

bigbb

I'll be pulling out clans who haven't written back to us tonight. An email will then be sent to replacement clans requesting a confirmation of their wish to join the league. At which time they will be placed into the fixtures, ready for this coming week's Division Assault - Week 2.

Clans will be selected in descending order on the date of which they joined. Around 13 Clans are expected to be replaced.

W

wildthang

Bugger, looks like we'll be missing out this season then I know we weren't anywhere close to 13th on the list. Ho Hum. Thanks for the timely reply anyways bigbb, you're a gem mate :)

O

old.Sharky

Which means 13 clans/teams didn't bother to show up dunnit?

I think they should all be changed into nutes and NOT be made better ever... =p

W

wildthang

Yup, it's a bit of a swine that clans which are organised and raring to go are unable to compete in leagues because of the number of newly formed clans taking up spaces who don't know what they are doing, or how they should be doing it.

By 'eck! In my day all we played was quake on a 166MMX in 400x600 with a 200 ms ping, paying 10p per minute for the pleasure of using the internet (thanks BT you c*nts!), and we still turned up on time for our games without moaning ;)

S

sabrex

I remember those days well Wildthang - im sure everything will sort itself out on the league once the fog clans have been cleared we can "get on with the killing!"

I loved that brown game :)

hope you get in m8

W

wildthang

Originally posted by sabrex
I remember those days well Wildthang - im sure everything will sort itself out on the league once the fog clans have been cleared we can "get on with the killing!"

I've no doubt that the league will be belting once the driftwood has been cleared. It's to be expected with new gaming communities.

A lot of newbies get excited about the game (which is good) and a percentage of those think that they could form a clan to further their gaming experience. Unfortunately, unless you've already been involved in an organised clan, you've got no idea how difficult it can be to manage ppl with whom you have no contact with apart from ICQ and email (especially with those who are less than committed).

I loved that brown game :)

Lol, yeah. Wasn't until I saw some kids playing it the other day I realised just how brown it was! Shocking, how the hell did we distinguish between player and wall texture!?

hope you get in m8

Thanks mate :D

I don't know what number we are on the pending list, but it would be nice to get in. We arn't that good yet (most of us are from purely TDM or DM backgrounds) but we do LOVE the game and have a great laugh every night. What more could you ask for :)

B

BlackLotus

I never played quake, or quake II.
Am i a rebel ?
:(

Users who are viewing this thread