Renown Points and players

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Can someone please explain to me how anyone in their right mind devised a system where lvl 35 players are worth 1Rp to a lvl 40 .

In DAoC you was worth a set amount based on your level not on your realm rank . Which to me seems a much better system. As it stands now i can go roaming around and kill someone who is well capable of killing me and getting 400rps off me while i get only 1rp for them.Please where is the balance in that.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Can someone please explain to me how anyone in their right mind devised a system where lvl 35 players are worth 1Rp to a lvl 40 .

In DAoC you was worth a set amount based on your level not on your realm rank .
Which to me seems a much better system. As it stands now i can go roaming around and kill someone who is well capable of killing me and getting 400rps off me while i get only 1rp for them.Please where is the balance in that.

Isn't that contradicting?

You're saying both games base it on level, good in daoc but bad in war?

But anyway, DAoC did use realm rank and level to decide RPs, grey players = 1 RP just like in WAR.

Killing higher RR players in daoc gave more realm points (even before the easy RP patch). There's not much reason you should be rewarded much for killing someone 5 levels lower than youself. It could probably do with better so people just below you are not worth as little, but it's not so much a big deal imo

The main problem I think is that the game is new, so not many people are high renown rank. The system is fine, but the majority of players you get in the scenario will be sub level 40 (and therefore only RR20-30 etc)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
DAoC used RR, level and also masterlevel of the player killed when calculating RP's worth.

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
Im saying that in WAR level is irrelivant to what RP you recieve which is kinda sucky to me .

Theodoric

One of Freddy's beloved
DAoC used RR, level and also masterlevel of the player killed when calculating RP's worth.

Yes but for killing a green con or even a same level player in daoc you would never recieve 1rp or 10rp ....iirc grey cons gave 1rp which is fair enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom