Renderer creation failed

Gins

Loyal Freddie
ok, after dl'ing the latest patch on my catacombs client i logged in on my account, i ghot to the server's list etc. but from there i couldn't do anything, when logging on to a server i ghot a "Renderer creation failed" box poping up and daoc shut itself down.
i removed the game entirely from my computer caus i was thinking i might have downloaded some corrupt fule in the patch, but after re-do'ing everything i ghot the same message. now i tryd everything, video card, drivers, directX... but i still can't seem to log on to a server.
anyone know a solution to that? i'd be verry gratefull.
i did mail my problem trough the help desk etc. but i'm waiting for a response.
trying to fix it all day now :/

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
you sure that you directx is version 9?

renderer creation failed error is coz you dont have the right version of directX installed.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
yes, verry sure. before the patch i could play like a charm, and that required directX9 as well no? re-installed directX9 again, without any good result

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
try deleting game.dll in your daoc folder and run it again, will do a 2.5mb patch and should work if everything is updated.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
deleted it, opn game again, he indeed did update to re-install it, still the error when logging in :-( trying to find out if there is maybe somthing wrong with the directX ( as it just MUST be that) but verry small chance it is

Gins

Loyal Freddie
ok all good now, i trow'd out my video card and re-installed it, dunno why but its fine now, btw... anyone know where i can download catacombs? :p ghot it activated but missing the bites

Brite

Banned
Gins said:
ok all good now, i trow'd out my video card and re-installed it, dunno why but its fine now, btw... anyone know where i can download catacombs? :p ghot it activated but missing the bites

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

download page further down the bottom

or change the update.dat to catacombs instead of atlantis

Gins

Loyal Freddie
thx ghot it, just running the update file.
2357MB this might take a few weeks :p

thx a lot for all the help tho :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom