Renderer Creation Failed

Borgio Finstermoor

One of Freddy's beloved
Well isnt this nice!!!

Got onto NF for the first time and im running around (TOA Client obviously) after about 5 mins the game closes to desktop. So i try again and I get a renderer creation failed message.

I restart my PC and it loads in fine, then after 5 mins, same thing happens.

I uninstalled my video card drivers and reinstalled the ones that came with it, but with these outdated ones I get nothing but GFX bugs. (For exampl all I could see on Mid casters was there staffs and boots!!!!)

So theres my pickle, ive been to rightnow, no help there.

Any ideas?

Im using a GeForce Fx5900

Gamah

Banned
Need full system specs but heres a few ideas off the bat

Upgrade display drivers to lastest
Upgrade soundcard drivers to latest
Upgrade chipset (motherboard) Drivers to the lastest
Reinstall or install the LATEST 9.0c i think DirectX

Its sounds like windows is fucking up then screwing around with the direct x drivers somehow...so I would try and install those first.. Let me know if this helps.

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Everytime i've got a "renderer creation failed" message it's been DirectX related. Get the latest version!

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Possibly related to virtual memory. Have you been messing with anything to do with RAM or paging?
Have you deleted your paging file and set virtual memory to zero, in order to defrag your machine, and then forgot to reenable a paging file (never happened to me nooooo)?
How much memory do you have in your machine and what have you got the 'precache armour skins' setting set to?

Regards,
Sift.

Frosen

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say directx issue m8 and rolling back to older drivers ain't gonna help much as nvidia drivers leave 70% of their files on your system/registery.

Borgio Finstermoor

One of Freddy's beloved
Right I was running the most recent NVIDIA drivers so I know its not that.

I have 768MB RAM and have not touched the virtual mem settings

Just installed the new Direct X drivers and the same thing happened

System Specs

AMD Athlon XP2500+
768MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX5900
Integrated Sound Card

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
The error you are getting means (im slightly more obvious terms)

'Direct X couldnt start because I couldnt find something I needed to start direct X'.

Cirandi said:
Everytime i've got a "renderer creation failed" message it's been DirectX related. Get the latest version!

correct.

90% chance Direct X not installed, or too old version, or corrupt.

10% chance Video card drivers are missing / old etc.

Borgio Finstermoor

One of Freddy's beloved
Cheers all but as I said I installed the new DirectX drivers and it still happened. I have a workaround atm anyway, im using my old Radeon 9200 (ick) while i try to figure this out.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
long shot..but slap in a slightly older version of the gForce drivers. friend of mine was having similar problems (cant remember exact card..but geForce of some dexcription), in the end i told him to try an older version of the gfx drivers, bang on, everything back to normal. seems nvidia may have cocked something up with some of their drivers in latest release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom