Renderer Creation Failed!

Isofin

Fledgling Freddie
Why o Why does this show when im starting to start TOA? (when choosing server) i´ve just reinstalled whole pc, installed Si, toa, have latest directx, done windows update, latest nvidia, patched and ready to go.... but getting renderer creation failed with toa only :( heeeeelp please

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
try truning of toa affect in the short term
also check diagdx to make sur you have no problems

Isofin

Fledgling Freddie
I know NOTHING about pc´s.. so that was like.. chinese for me :) thx for trying to help tho :)

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
start toa
select no thanks (on the quick char bit)
to select the server you want to play on
select options
then the graphics option window will open change all option to either classic or SI ie trun off toa water and tree's and select best preformance in stead of best graphics

to run diagdx

go to start meun click run a little box will pop up the type diagdx the directx window will open up click on test direct x

it will run test's then copy the report to here and ill have a look at it to see if i can see any thing m8

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Did you re-install the game?
Or just copy it back from a safe place after the installation?
Did you save the user.dat and copy it back.

I got that problem also after a re-installation of my PC then I checked Mythics Rightnow and saw that I should try and delete user.dat and let the game create a new one when it starts. So I did and after that it works.
Just copy your user.dat to another folder on your harddrive and then delete it in the ToA folder.

Hope it helps, did for me.

Aussie

Banned
Had this too once. nothing helped. windows reinstall & daoc , all drivers etc etc. Was just going to reformat until i tried a bios reset and that worked :]

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'd leave BIOS reset till last resort...

Usually this comes down to drivers or directx, though try deleting the user.dat as the fellow says :)

(go into C:\Mythic\ToA\ and delete user.dat)

Isofin

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks all for Helping me :) dunno what made it work.. but was Checking te links u gave me, and thinking of reinstalling directx9-c and using my magic skills on my pc and well.. it just decided to work :) /hugs to you all :)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
I occasionaly have this problem. Must be something not loading up. A quick shut down and restart of the comp does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom