Renderer creation failed

snoepie

Fledgling Freddie
Silly question and all that but ..
Had someone pm'ing me today asking what it meant , I know sometimes it has something to do with getting the US patch or smt. I ain't too sure about
it tho , and I don't wanna give him the wrong info.
He doesn't read FH , and according to him "he's an old bloke and has no clue about how all this web shit works" (his own words :p) , so if anyone is able to pass me some info on this subject and what to do about it , it would be much appreciated :)
Hugs

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Moved to tech help (left redirect in original forum tho too) as theres more chance someone will answer it in there :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Normally means that graphics drivers or directx 9.0c aren't installed correctly. If so, reinstall them.

Sometimes Camelot works ok, then crashes, and when you try to restart it you get that error. In that case a reboot is needed. If that doesn't fix it, reinstall graphics drivers and directx.

Darzil

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Search is your friend.

Ive written pages about this error on here.

Its means directx says no to starting up, and is usualy caused by video card drivers.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
It's a problem that can be caused by many many things - the official support help on this on the website doesn't even cover Cata client so it's clearly not up to date. Is he using a Geforce or ATI card?

I talked about it here as it happened to me:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=206248

And as Boni said, he's talked about it here too:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=203526

In the end I sent the Mobo back as it seemed my last option, and the guys I got it from have confirmed it's faulty (Overclockers UK) and are replacing it.

Apart from the obvious reinstalling of DirectX 9.0c, I'd suggest at least trying to scale back drivers to the ones that came with the card and then if it still happens installing newer ones incrementally.

On a side note - I bought 5 components from Overclockers, 3 have been confirmed faulty. And the Mobo is taking them 28 days to replace - sucky customer service imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom