Render Creation Failed *Help please*

Y

-yoda-

Ellos just got myself a new computer
2.6mhz Athlon
512ddr ram
GeForce Fx5600 gfx card

and everytime i try loginto si client i get the render creation error message and daoc closes.

things ive tried
downloading directx 9
changing monitor resolution
updating gfx drivers
resetting comp
i have no user.dat files to delete due to it being a brand new comp,

i tried all the3se with NO luck i am NOT very good at technical stuff
so if anybody has a remedy PLEASE help and explain what to do in terms that a idiot would understand cos when it comes to tech stuff an idiot describes me well :)

p.s thnx in advance for all if any replys helping me

p.p.s i have also done a search on the subject hence the above remedys i have already tried.

C

chretien

It's a graphics driver issue.
Firstly download the latest drivers for your card then after you've installed that reinstall DirectX and that should solve it.
As a side note I don't know if the geforce fx is fully supported by DAoC so you may continue to have problems from time to time after this.

Y

-yoda-

as i said in main post i have downloaded latest drivers and redownloaded directx9 :) still no luck

i have checked rightnow tech support thing and my gfx card IS ok for ToA and SI :)

any other ideas ?

C

chretien

Do it in the order I said, Whenever you change graphics drivers you should reinstall directx anyhow. If you did this then try going back to the last set of detonators and doing the same procedure with them.

Y

-yoda-

update drivers > redownload directx9 was the order i done it in :(

btw wtf is a detonator? as said in main post im crap at tech stuff so all that sort of names etc etc goes way over my head .
i wouldnt of been even able to get the latest drivers if i hadnt gotten them of my gfx card cd (its a new card) . when i say i am dumb when it comes to tech stuff i mean that with a capital D :)

C

chretien

Detonator is the name that Nvidia give to their graphics drivers. If you've used the ones off the CD that came with your card then that may be causing the problem. Go to Nvidias website and download the latest ones from there, then, as I said before, when you've installed those reinstall directx (make sure you've got the latest version from Microsoft
Just because a card is a new card doesn't mean it's shipped with the most up to date drivers.

D

Darkhawk

Another thing to check is Direct X diagnosis.

Goto start
Select Run
then type dxdiag
press enter

Go thru all the tests , im betting that hardware acceleration isnt enabled.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Darkhawk
Another thing to check is Direct X diagnosis.

Goto start
Select Run
then type dxdiag
press enter

Go thru all the tests , im betting that hardware acceleration isnt enabled.

done that this is the result i got .

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Display Memory: 127.0 MB
Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit)(optimal refresh rate)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nvdisp.drv
Driver Version: 4.14.0010.4403 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 5/2/2003 15:19:00, 107296 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: No
WHQL Date Stamp: None
VDD: *vdd
Mini VDD: nvmini.vxd
Mini VDD Date: , 0 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4052-11CF-8372-0A2000C2C935}
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {212DC722-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC722-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC722-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)

----------------------------------------

there was more summin about id's which i presume isnt important to this ... note the test result . anybody know what that means ?

p.s this is damn frustrating not being able toi play SI for monthsd cos my old comp sucked to m uch now i get myself a comp more than capable of running si and toa it wont let me !! lol

this my systen info if this helps.
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/19/2003, 20:34:39
Operating System: Windows Me (4.90, Build 3000)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC
System Model: 00000000000000000000000
BIOS: Phoenix
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.9GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 103MB used, 1433MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: /PackageInstall
DxDiag Version: 4.09.0000.0902 32bit

Helppppppppppppppppp sooooo frustrating! and i cant contact the guy who built the comp for me! lol

S

speshneeds

D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)

Oo

Via chipset, go get some 4in1 drivers here -

http://downloads.viaarena.com/drivers/4in1/VIA_Hyperion 4IN1_V449vp2.zip

before you do that, uninstall your detonators using this utility -

http://www.overclockuk.co.uk/downloads/nvidia-drivers/detonator-destroyer.exe

Then, in this order -

Install the hyperion (also known as 4in1) drivers for your motherboard.

Reboot.

Install video drivers (detonators)

Reboot.

Install DX9b

Reboot.

Should work fine then

[Usual disclaimer here, this is advice only, not held responsible blah blah blah]

Y

-yoda-

so the problem is with my motherboard video drivers ? and not my gfx card ? that sounds complicated to me (im technically dumb) so ill wait till the guy who built my pc comes to sort it out..

can anybody clarify if the above guy is correct ? (no offense mate just making sure) ..

also which OS u recoomend i have Windows M.E and also WIndows98 2nd Edition... heard a cple of people say win me sucks and win98 is better .. (i cant afford higher more recent windows.)

O

osy

Recommended OS: Win98 SE (make sure you update it)

Always install latest motherboard drivers (If VIA chipset, go for 1449v2)

Video Card. Latest drivers are not necessarily the best. I always go for WHQL certified ones, in case of Nvidia. No idea if 30.82 are the best choice for your card, but they sure are for my gf4 mx440.

Display Settings: If you feel that daoc runs too slow for your system specs, go to display properties, Settings, Advanced, Direct3D Settings, and set it to Best Performance, instead of Best Quality. It will tone down textures, thus making it easier on your video card.

Hope it helps.

Y

-yoda-

before you do that, uninstall your detonators using this utility -

tried that and got this message.....

---------------------------
This program has detected that you are using non standard vvidia drivers or could not run the uninstallation program .... these drivers could have been provided with your card from a 3rd party manufacturer.
please goto add/remove programs and run the drivers uninstall program from there .

---------------------------------

as i said i am an idiot when it comes to tech stuff .. what drivers do i reinstall if i do as they ask above? cos i dont wanan fuck my comp up.

S

speshneeds

nah thats cool, just means that you dont have detonator drivers installed (you should :p )

dump them from add/remove progs and it should be ok, just make sure you use detonators from nvidia.com next time round ;)

good place to try for nice support is http://forums.overclockers.co.uk - nice helpful bunch of people there but i am almost convinced that its a motherboard driver issue rather than anything to do with your gfx card or dx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom