Renaming pictures.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
All my pictures come off my camera with a number ie. 1 to 135. Is there anyway to rename these files rather than 1 by one. For example i would like to put the date in front. So a picture 1 today would become 200401071.

At the mo it takes me bloody ages.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Do a search on google for a batch file renamer... that should do it.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Rubric said:
All my pictures come off my camera with a number ie. 1 to 135. Is there anyway to rename these files rather than 1 by one. For example i would like to put the date in front. So a picture 1 today would become 200401071.

At the mo it takes me bloody ages.
I'm pretty sure the S304 has two options for filenaming, one is infinite incremental the other just counts up from 1 each time a blank card is inserted - it might help to see if you can enable the first option so as to put all your images in date order...

Xav

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I just use ACDSee. You can view, sort, edit and batch rename all your pictures with ease...

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
I'm pretty sure the S304 has two options for filenaming, one is infinite incremental the other just counts up from 1 each time a blank card is inserted - it might help to see if you can enable the first option so as to put all your images in date order...

Xav

Nice rememebring what camera i had :)

I will go back and consult me manual. I couldnt find an option playing around with it. Thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom