REM's new single... or is it?

S

Summo

I heard REM's new single today, Bad Day and I was happy. I love REM and have bought everything they've done since Out Of Time in 1991, then went and bought their back-catalogue. I skipped school and waited for Woolworth's to open so I could buy Automatic For The People in 1992. I listened to that album only for 10 hours on my Walkman while I did my GCSE art exam.

If I'm honest I guess I've been a little disappointed with their albums since New Adventures In Hi-Fi which, although they're all great, seem to be a bit too serious and drone-y.

HOWEVER!

This new single has been hailed as a return to the faster, 'pop' songs of their Green-era. I agree and I love it.

Except the single was a reject from their 1986 album Life's Rich Pageant. Oh. So, no return to form, then? Merely a re-recording of an old song to promote their new Best of... album.

I live in hope.

:(

M

mank!

I heard it and it reminded me instantly of It's The End Of The World... and wasn't sure if it was new, or just something I'd not heard before but then I realised how old Stipe looked and my question was answered :)

Tis good, not an REM fan though.

S

(Shovel)

Saw the video for it on the Amp earlier, I thought it was all dead good.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by (Shovel)
Saw the video for it on the Amp earlier, I thought it was all dead good.

Aye i saw it on the amp too, was one of those songs that made e sit and watch it and not touch the remote till it had finished. :)

S

(Shovel)

I do love the video, need it at higher resolution really though to read the scrolling text along the news reports. REM do tend to be a bit political so there may be something funny hidden in there.

*doo doo doo aaaaah's off into the distance*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom