FH news Removal of lots of redundant forums

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You may have noticed that many forums have been removed during the course of tonight. All the threads in the affected forums have been merged with the parent.

Please post any additions that you may want for thread prefixes here to make your life easier when posting.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I was wondering what had changed... it looks a lot neater for sure.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks, I just thought it was time to remove a lot of empty and unused forums. It is all in preparation to moving across to XenForo at some point this year.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
As much as i want the unused forums gone, was it needed to remove forums that WAS being used as well?

Thinking about the EvE-O forum here.

Not many ppl posted in it but we did use it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol, you removed the edit timer all together now Deebs?

Anyway, you kept the WoW forum fgs, compared to the EvE-O forum thats a bloody desert....

ppl haven't posted there for years until cataclysm released and even then there isn't much going on in that board.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No edits in this forum and the feedback forum ctuchik, it's always been like that...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh i see :)

Have to be careful when posting here then :p

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
lol, you removed the edit timer all together now Deebs?

Anyway, you kept the WoW forum fgs, compared to the EvE-O forum thats a bloody desert....

ppl haven't posted there for years until cataclysm released and even then there isn't much going on in that board.

WoW will get merged. I just didn't have time to complete it last night.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As much as i want the unused forums gone, was it needed to remove forums that WAS being used as well?

Thinking about the EvE-O forum here.

Not many ppl posted in it but we did use it.

So give me some Thread Prefixes to add....

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's way neater T. I retract my statement that you bat for the other team now :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sorry but i'm as inclined to wade through that mess of a board as you are.

Not going to happen.

eh? thread prefixes, as in:

[eve], [wow], [war] to help identify the threads. Tbh, if you are asking for a solution and Deebs is offering you one, it seems silly to refuse it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Couple of issues Tone; You've moved the feedback forum from general to a sub forum under "forum news", but the permissions have changed. Us normal users can no longer make threads in Feedback.

The Facebook icon is much bigger than the others, and the surround is not transparent. It looks fugly :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Poor old Eve section, second most active RPG sub-forum. More than 50% of the non-stickied threads on the front page. It's a game that continues to buck the trend of declining server populations in MMOs and will continue to do this with the Incarna and bumming in stations expansion.

Although I don't play it...

Tilda

horrible horrible mess made of the MMO boards... :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
eh? thread prefixes, as in:

[eve], [wow], [war] to help identify the threads. Tbh, if you are asking for a solution and Deebs is offering you one, it seems silly to refuse it.

Sorry, misunderstood what "prefix" meant, it's not a word i've heard all that often. Thought he meant that i'd find the threads i wanted moved back, apologies...

Well i really only want the EvE board back because even the old:ish threads there still have decent info in them.

As for the rest of the threads in the other boards that really weren't being used, they can stay where they are now. I doubt they "drowned" any topics that were popular anyway :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Couple of issues Tone; You've moved the feedback forum from general to a sub forum under "forum news", but the permissions have changed. Us normal users can no longer make threads in Feedback.

The Facebook icon is much bigger than the others, and the surround is not transparent. It looks fugly :)

Hmm, that should still work, thanks for letting me know, will look at it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If far gate has gone missing I swear i'll.....

No, wait.

There is no fargate forum.

*whistles*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom