Reminiscing...

A

Aoln

I haven't played properly in a while now and was considering renewing my account when i began thinking of what i would consider 'the good times' (sometimes not so good) of dark age of camelot here on prydwen.

Who remembers back in the day when.. (mostly albion stuffs ofc)

Elite groups and guilds were barely in existance with the odd exceptions such as sotl running around wreaking havoc.
Hunting for rvr in yggdra as a lowbie, always with the chance for a good fight.
Massive free for all zerg fests in emain, giant milegate standoffs with upto 100 or more on each side.
Any class being able to grab a pickup group at their portal keep with (almost) ease.
Having to xp in lyonesse because that was the best place at 40+ ... tanglers!... trees!
People actually bothered doing their epic quests, exploring and doing all the other various quests they could find.
Hunting giants in salisbury plans because they were so big and cool.
Searching for a rez in keltoi or wherever else you died.
Wearing store bought or other crap dropped items and not caring.
When darkness falls was first introduced.
When RAs were first introduced.
The first time you entered RvR combat and your first ever keep take.
Dinging lvl50 being a big thing.
Finally getting revenge on mulgrut maggot (that bastard)
The first pbaoe relic defence spam - anyone still got the screenie? ;)
Farming sidi till the early hours just for the chance of a possibility of a good drop.
Over 100 people getting wiped by the dragon which is now farmed regularly by just 3 groups or less.
Getting one shotted by an assassin and not knowing wtf was going on as they stayed invisible.
...and so on .. xDDD

I kind of miss it :mad:

feel free to add xDD

u always put xDDD after everything ^^

yeh mulgrut, getting 50, lyonesse etc was damn good ;D givf back them days

xDD continue the trend! :D

Spirou

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
Finally getting revenge on mulgrut maggot (that bastard)
:clap:

I still gank him and Slythcur when I pass by, will never forgive them ;p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
man i grew to hate lyonesse so much, was there form lvl 30+ with sorc, at as soon as i could solo em it annoyed me even more.

A

Aoln

Have to agree that i hated it aswell but i do look back on it in fond memories :)

I remember you there with your sorc, how come you got dagitch instead of leviathane now? ;o

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Still remember my first trip to the tanglers. I got a invite when I was happily soloing in snowdonia. Jumped on a horse and got met at lyon entrance.
Up till that point I didnt even have AE mezz on the qb. I think I tried to single mezz each gobbo.
Thank god lyon was flooded with clerics in them days:)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
People arguing over vindicator plate in Keltoi cos it was uber for 20ish paladins and armsmen.

Mercs not being able to get groups cos they wanted a 'proper tank' (i.e. an armsman).

Doing all the quests to get the uber gear at 20-35ish.

Armsmen.

Paladins without taunt shout or end regen. Not getting many groups cos you weren't as good as an armsman (hah! In your face pole-boys!)

Crafting in Camelot, then Cornwall then back to Camelot and having to run all over the place for materials.

Seeing a guy in Epic and thinking he was nails cos he was 50.

Never finding a good spot in Mithra cos it was so full all the time.

First time I met a bonedancer, didn't see the actual BD, just the pets, thought they were normal mobs and ran through them. Died in seconds.

Trying to convince people that my crafted stuff was better than drops cos it was better quality even though it didn't have any bonuses on it.

Llyn Barfog epic raids. Everyone wanted the cloak that dropped from Afanc.

Smite clerics in the Barrows powerlevelling in the Fallen room.

Cami

Fledgling Freddie
I miss 1shotting stuff and staying in stealth ;(

Actually, i just miss my sb pre spellcrafting ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I remember Jonson? the cabbie getting a massive 40 person death spam at a relics defence :)

Also USP's pbaoe death spams during our first Hib keep raids (back when hibs were a myth...no one could confirm there exsistance untill they killed us all when we messed with them)

Nerf Aoln being in my tangler groups :( he was the biggest gimp in the guild :)

Epic armour being the best...now its a sign of super weakness (2shot the epic paladin!)

Jon the Dwarf warrior, his guy used to chase me around and try to hit me unstyled because he didn't know he had styles. He was the first RR4 Warrior :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
I remember Jonson? the cabbie getting a massive 40 person death spam at a relics defence :)
what like that? :) missing loads of but only part of screeny i took :m00:

Aoln said:
I remember you there with your sorc, how come you got dagitch instead of leviathane now?
Because im a newb an sold as i thought i'd quit but came back like 4months later.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I miss the 12-18 or so leveling period in Salisbury plains; you'd start off with the Slaver camp (which by the way CC was probably first ever needed in alb!). Then when your group thought they were hard enough you'd move down the river to the Grove Nymph camp. Few hours later providing everyone was still here you'd move down to the Giants, Boars and Basilisk camp. If you had a leet group class (at the time Armsmen/Cleric/Friar, yes Friar!) you'd be invited down to Broken Bridge, which was ubar in itself ;).

Miss the old days, but it's nice to not have to grind all the way now :)

Oh yeah; and the RvR days when the only real competition was NP vs Sotl. Adds from every realm made them epic battles as a lowbie Armsman :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Everytime im the SP i get revenge on the Ghostwalker bloke he must have killed me 20 times great fun.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Wiping to Dorinakka with 4fg in sidi

"WTF THAT MOBS BIGGER THAN PATHS EGO, RUUUUUUUUUUUUUN" dead :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Aoln said:
Searching for a rez in keltoi or wherever else you died.
still have a screeny of our graves from the old keltoi ant room graveyard :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I miss my cousin playing daoc in the old times :'(
Remember watching him playing his armsman (in epic afaik) running in some oob group when df was released and going like 'that place looks ace' etc :eek:
And lvling as a merc/cleric duo with him (lol ..) and going solo after he got fed up at lvl 18 or so.
Getting a group in emain on my merc at lvl 3x-42 and people not whining etc while now I wouldn't get an invite on sucha low char in the first place ^^
And ofcourse it rocked to have friends... which all ended up quitting :|

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
- Soloing in Mithra as a level 10 rejuv/enhance cleric... Spent 50% of my time ressing Yussef.
- My first Salisbury giant group - they were several levels higher but I was a cleric!
- Barrows groups
- Defending the realm against the mid zerg. One saluted me!
- Dartmoor guild raids and people forgetting to disband before suiciding
- Killing the mighty bone snappers in Lyonesse for the first time
- Finding an AFK caster at Snowdonia Station when meeting up for a Barfog raid and deciding to mess around
- Defeating Cailleach Uragaig for the first time. She repopped...
- Getting epic armor finally and thinking I was uber... then noticing my dex had gone down ~50.
- Having the first properly twinked char to enter Thidranki. *sigh*

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Wish I knew how to make screenies back then :D
For some reason never came up to ask how to... or try find out myself :|

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Aha forgot a gem!

- Yussef asking me (level 40-ish cleric) for a res for him and his (level 25-ish) group in Snowdonia on top of a cyhraeth hill of all things... and when I finally get there I get a PM from him.. ."oh btw, we released, it was too dangerous for you" *sigh* paladins.

Destic

Fledgling Freddie
Getting to level 10 for the first time so you could finally get your last name!
speccing 15 blades on a level 15 ranger and thinking it was right.
useing free arrows off your trainer...
First time you used 'Climb walls' on your stealther.
first all nighter for whatever reason you had to stay up for it.
first guild emblemised cloak.
forest sauvage, with Krill Esola Ayam and myself. plus the few AoM or SC who often joined us.
first time you saw the GG.

all but a few of my faveorite times, all happened along time ago though, had new pc's since then so no screenshots anymore unfortunatly.
miss the old days...

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Not quite the same server,

But my fondest memories:

Originally, I was part of UK Mercs & we all started together round the time SI was released - the frustation of lvling a scout not knowing what to spec

going to Tepok's & getting all the 'cool' drops

Seeing an Abomination for the 1st time - that was some fugly mofo

Killing my 1st lvl 50 by running around him trying for Sidewinder on my lvl 42 reaver

Seeing epic mobs

Going places Ive never been before - Sidi, AC.

Meeting other ppl who have become good friends

ahh the joys of Camelot

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Rolling my first character 2 and a half years ago and not having a clue how to spend the 30 points you get at character creation. I'm still reminded of that every time I log in.

Being killed god knows how many times while XP'ing on Salisbury Plains. Wild Boars were the bane of my life because I'd always get jumped by one and I couldn't outrun the buggers.

Joining my first ever guild, 'Angels of Blood', and the GM (Sanguineus) giving me 10g. I'd never seen so much money in game.

XP groups in Keltoi scrapping over who gets the drops and those pain in the arse gremlins that always attacked you.

My first visit to Thidranki - thinking that I'd be nice and safe and nobody would ever see me with 1 point in stealth.

Killing telamons in Lyonesse and worrying because they could 3 or 4 shot me.

XP'ing around L30 in DF and always being worried that a shadowblade would pop and 1 shot me.

Being really chuffed when my XP group in DF met a load of Mids and killed them. AND I got a kill spam!

Wandering Sauvage road unbuffed and just having hit 50 and getting my first solo RvR kill. I was so pleased with the 'uber' damage until I found out that the guy I'd killed was about L46.

The 1st day of SI, rolling a necro and thinking how crap they were after it took my pet about 3 hours to melée down a blue.

Visiting Caer Sidi for the first time and being one of the 100+ people wiped by Apoc.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
or when you hit the windows key by mistake and crashed because you couldnt Tab out of the client? =D

Lvling with Scunner in Lyonnesse *giggles*
When trying to get a group with a paladin was almost impossible.
Ooh Woodruns to repair the relic doors.
Having to take 15 horses to get from one point to another.
Fainting if someone gave you 15 gold and thinking you were sooo rich LOL

I actually made my paladin after seing Ardwan run around at lvl 35 in Bright Red Armor think he looked cool rofl.

Gawd I feel old now *eats a cookie to calm herself*

:cheers: to all us ancient ones who still roam the realms =D

OldNick

Fledgling Freddie
Making armour in Camelot and the only MPs i made were with Dimses base pieces.

Thats just one of many ;)

Heres a couple of old screenies , and I mean old. lol at the UI

Screenie

Screenie2

Nick

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Give back pre-first 50 hib , with dunderklumpen, blood, death, azal, aegan, and other guys running around scaring the shit out of people by being highlevel. A time when people thought Blood was an uber mob in odins, and skalds and thanes was "soo overpowered!"

Give back the fights with my lowbie champ vs Agorath and Risser while trying to get to 50, xping in frontiers.

Give back good old fashioned yggdra trips as Aoln mentioned, i miss going there as a 31 ranger sneaking around picking on high colour xpers... the adrenaline was strong those days ^^

Begging for 200 gold from Luona so i could start up my first guild... ( i was strong beggar fyi!)

give back the days before spellcrafting.. where a player had to work hard to get decent resists and stats on a char.

I miss the old days.. also miss looking around odins for you Aoln, wanted to have a go at you with my ranger :] you was the only scout at that time that i hadnt at one point been able to beat solo.

Now im gimped tho, coming back to hib a year after toa (think its about that..) with no ML's, Artis and stuff, and 5 months left of my military duties (going back in later today.. god i hate it..)
But coming back to hib, after such a long time gone, gave me a feeling i hadnt felt for a long time. daoc addiction sucking me back in...

I miss daoc :(

leviathane

Part of the furniture
nah best thing was when i started a pally, didnt have a clue wtf i was doing. specced it slash, crush chants parry shield :m00: :m00: my qbar was so uber :)

Users who are viewing this thread