Remember me?

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know if people even know who i am...

I hope someone, atleast one person, remembers me?
I'm "Cowled Scout", first legendary fletcher on excal/albion - played from release and 3-4 years forward. I'm also known as "Anderial Lockheart", cleric of albion.

What happend to finster? Outlaw? Aussie (miss you bastard)? My old fletcher nemisis, i can't recall their names.

After playing 1-2 years on albion, i moved to midgard. Became known as Vigor, a pac-healer.

I hope everyone is well, and hope you see my message.

Saw lots of these youtube videoes:
YouTube - Daoc- good bye
[youtubevid]KEBpEM8UPJk[/youtubevid]

Damn it brought memories, and tears to the eyes. Daoc had a huge impact on my childhood - perhaps a bit nerdy, but it really had.

Miss you all.
/Salute all.

Ps. Would they put up old frontier servers? If so, i'm signing up.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Had lots of toons.. 50 runemaster called Mevoss aswell.
50 Inf (Mevoss), before i left albion ...

Etc. etc.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
I dont remember you unfortunately but thats prolly cos i am a very forgetful peep :(

but /wave @ u anyway :p

:cheers:
:power:

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
No body remembers the big christmas tree, the presents and small elfs with christmas-hats on, running around in Camelot?

It was a part of a christmas event i did, with the help from GoA. To help out the newcomers with free crafted items, and to spread the christmas spirit, ofcourse :).

eksdee

FH is my second home
i'm pretty sure i remember your cleric on prydwen. what guild were you in?

i'm pretty sure i remember your cleric on prydwen. what guild were you in?

He played alb excal ^__^

I do remb A briton reaver or clerics named Andariel ( something close to that ), donno if that was you though. Andariel as in the Diablo II Act 1 boss.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
he was a cleric, and not original poster

My Cleric was a highlander cleric :).

Guess people don't remember :).

I were in lots of guilds. "Dragon Knights" is one of them. Really can't remember what they were all called :/

I remember i were in Danish Huscals one time, but it was in the beginning of daoc, on prydwen i think. But i left for excal :).

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I were in finsters guild, when he was an alb on excal.

The Royal B...something

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I remember you Cowled, don't know how or why though. Hmm, infact I think I do. I played an sb at the time, had some fights with you I think.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I were in finsters guild, when he was an alb on excal.

The Royal B...something

Ello :)

I remember you but then that's the funny thing about the first few years of excal, I think everyone knew just about everyonelse :D Even if at the same time it was a little worrying, heh.

The royal bavarians you're thinking of although I think they split not long into the game. I ended up joining the dragon knights as well for a year but you'd already left the game by that point. Don't think aussie/finster/outlaw have been on these forums in a looooong time either unless they're about in a different game section.

As far as the prydwen/excal cluster is going (yeah, they joined the playerbases together) it's pretty much gone these days, capping around a hundred I think although I haven't checked in ages. Is always good to see a name from the old times.

As for an old style server, there is in fact one being launched in the US with old frontiers and such in a few months time... there should be plenty of threads around to help you with that though ;)

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Holy Sh*t! Cowled!

Never thought i'd see you again!

Just had a huge flashback of memories from old-time daoc by seeing you name... damn that was good times!

And i agree with Kirennie, the beauty of the first year of daoc was that everyone kind of knew each other. Which also made it all the more sad when all those people gradually faded away over the years and in the end you could hardly recognise anyone...

I cancelled my account in the end of 2005, then briefly came back in mid-2006, but quickly realised it would never be the same again...

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Holy Sh*t! Cowled!

Never thought i'd see you again!

Just had a huge flashback of memories from old-time daoc by seeing you name... damn that was good times!

And i agree with Kirennie, the beauty of the first year of daoc was that everyone kind of knew each other. Which also made it all the more sad when all those people gradually faded away over the years and in the end you could hardly recognise anyone...

I cancelled my account in the end of 2005, then briefly came back in mid-2006, but quickly realised it would never be the same again...

Elvo :p nice to meet you again.

Why did you quit at the end of 2005?

You should all activate accounts on US. I'm having a blast on hib/lancelot!

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Ello :)

I remember you but then that's the funny thing about the first few years of excal, I think everyone knew just about everyonelse :D Even if at the same time it was a little worrying, heh.

The royal bavarians you're thinking of although I think they split not long into the game. I ended up joining the dragon knights as well for a year but you'd already left the game by that point. Don't think aussie/finster/outlaw have been on these forums in a looooong time either unless they're about in a different game section.

As far as the prydwen/excal cluster is going (yeah, they joined the playerbases together) it's pretty much gone these days, capping around a hundred I think although I haven't checked in ages. Is always good to see a name from the old times.

As for an old style server, there is in fact one being launched in the US with old frontiers and such in a few months time... there should be plenty of threads around to help you with that though ;)

I joined the Dragon Knights with you, after Royal B disbanded :). Sadly i think i left.. :). But i'm really having a blast on the US-servers - come join in!

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Btw... It's gotten so easy to level/getting artifacts.

Everything can be bought for bounty points... artifacts, encounters, scrolls, ml-levels etc.

I got 50 cleric, druid, inf, enchanter (almost templated) in less than 3 weeks.

It's THAT easy to level now.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe I found this in my old sshots:

Attachments

• sshot473.jpg
    sshot473.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 98

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Yes i remember you, i was most probably on my Arms Appollo back then, in The Royal Guard.

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
I remember you from the first time I went to Emain as a 26 level Thane quite a few years ago.
I have a screenshot somewhere on my old computer, might search for it and post it If I ever get it up and running again.

Good to see youre enjoying the game again!

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I remember you mate! You were in The Royal Bavarians.

I had loads of chars so you may not remember me, I was in First Cohort then I moved to Midgard and joined Ora Minus.

I made a new char a year or so back but the game was slowly dying, I was on the US server Gareth, sadly standing around for hours on end waiting for an enemy was boring :(

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I remember you from the first time I went to Emain as a 26 level Thane quite a few years ago.
I have a screenshot somewhere on my old computer, might search for it and post it If I ever get it up and running again.

Good to see youre enjoying the game again!

Would be awesome, if you found it. And good to see people still recall eachother names. :)

Enjoy

Fledgling Freddie
I also remember you, Cowled. I was probably on my cleric named Enjoy or armswoman named Lene. :D

reggie

Fledgling Freddie
Aw rulke ! i see candour etc talk :(. I still have candour on my icq btw. He got married not to long ago :).

Cant remember you cowled but yeah i've seen those goodbye video's too on daoc and they always make me sad. Aparently daoc has been very important unforgettable times for alot of players who even took the trouble to make goodbye daoc videos. Im not so sure how many other games have this kind of sentiment.

Makes me angry so at Mythic, grrrrrr, how they could betray such a great game with warhammer :(.

I myself was stupid enough to leave my guild aesir blade after 3 months after retail. Arguement with a guildy and decided to leave instead of kicking him since i could have. Not been the same after that and missed my guildies terribly so left the game even though i was in love with daoc. Came back much later several times but ah i pretty much missed the bess times in daoc unfortunately :(.

I'll always regret i left. Would have so much loved to have a chance to do that period over again but ah well.
Sad to know no other game will be like daoc was.The only game i consider to be complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom