Religion. Yei! Religion!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, just thought i'd make a thread as last night i finally realised fully(totally) what i believe in. WAsn't smoking or anything :D

I just thought about it all, my beliefs, not believing in the bible stuff, in the normal sense, yet still feeling it was true. I believe in the greek, roman, egyptian gods, don't think "the god" isn't there. So all taken together and in a moment of revalation, i just said to myself:

"Their all there."

Each and single one of the gods is up there, having a good ol time an bamboocha for all.

Shortly put, i believe in it all. Dun know if it's an absolutist or something but...that's my look on things and i feel it's right, for me atleast.

Comments, own religion stuff, go mental and tell a tale.

PS: I'm still a viking style person, just that the god perspective has changed :D

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
While i do belive in "God" i don't buy the orginised Religon" crap.

I don't se ehow going to a particular buidling at a certian time of the week is going to help me get on God's good side.

yes i have little moments where i pray ( not every day )

I did some checking up as to how i genrealy treat people and see if it pops into one of those little pidgeon holes, and sure enough the closest was Buddist.

But I'm me , i'll continue to be me till the day i die.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Satanism / Buddhism are the only 'religions' that I know about that seem at all sensible tbh.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Well, just thought i'd make a thread as last night i finally realised fully(totally) what i believe in. WAsn't smoking or anything :D

I just thought about it all, my beliefs, not believing in the bible stuff, in the normal sense, yet still feeling it was true. I believe in the greek, roman, egyptian gods, don't think "the god" isn't there. So all taken together and in a moment of revalation, i just said to myself:

"Their all there."

Each and single one of the gods is up there, having a good ol time an bamboocha for all.

Shortly put, i believe in it all. Dun know if it's an absolutist or something but...that's my look on things and i feel it's right, for me atleast.

Comments, own religion stuff, go mental and tell a tale.

PS: I'm still a viking style person, just that the god perspective has changed :D

For once you have actually made less sense than normal...congrats...I guess. :eek7:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
im totally not in to organised religion for me it just wont work because there are aspects of most organised stuff i can come to terms and agree with, that isnt saying i disagree with it what ever works for you tbh so long as your not hurting anyone else i have no problems with it.

As for god i've always thought of that whole thing like imagine a giant multi linguist in the sky (or several if they delegate) all these people down here praying to them jews, christians, bhuddists, sikhs, muslims everyone theyre all praying to the same dude just in different languages, and just cos you pray to someone doesnt mean they have to answer you and just because you do something in someone elses name doesnt mean they agree with you, god's just god he's just there i love this one line from terry pratchett for me it sums the whole thing up perfectly:

"of course i dont believe in god! i dont have to, i dont believe in the postman either but i know he's real"

and this one

"Dont pray to gods it only encourages them"

i have no problem with god or religion i do have a problem with people though, its like a gun or a knife neither thing is harmful by its self, neither of them are bad or evil objects but put them in the hands of people and they do become dangerous.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
harebear said:
Satanism / Buddhism are the only 'religions' that I know about that seem at all sensible tbh.
both those are bullshit tho... only true religion is... newsflash... none :/

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
both those are bullshit tho... only true religion is... newsflash... none :/

If you cut them down to the basics all religions tell the same story. I was risen without religion and read the Bible and a Koran out of interest. Both of them seemed outdated to me but I cant deny the rules in them would have made sense a thousand years ago.
I do not believe in a god as a divine being of power. However I do believe in a creator of life on earth (dont think it created the earth or even the universe thou) simply because I think Darwins evolution theory is wrong.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sissyfoo said:
For once you have actually made less sense than normal...congrats...I guess. :eek7:

Thanks! Though it's not that hard to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom