Relics and realm population

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
Need a break from work so lets see how many reasoned arguements this brings :p
Based on population per realm, on Excal Alb have 42% of the active players

Alb have 0 relics.

We are not alone in this...

On every server Alb has the highest population, Mid the second highest and Hib last (except on 1 server where Hibs outnumber Mids)

If you look at the relics across all 11 servers the mids win

Mid 28
Hib 20
Alb 18

Now, I've been trying to work out why this is.....

1) Is it an indication of the attitudes of the people who choose to play the different realms?
i.e. Most peps in alb are PVE Carebears, most people who are serious about RVR play Mid. They are prepared to get up early and do alarm clock raids etc, etc.
2) Is it that Alb don't need the relics as they do enough damage without them?
3) Is it more to do with the classes within the realms?
i.e. Mid classes have more utility and damage which enables them to penetrate the defenses of the relic keeps and kill any defenders then kill all defenders at mile gate while on the way back.
4) Is it Mythic and GOA don't like Alb?
i.e. Ensure the only relic keep with no hill to approach it is in Alb. Ensure you get a decent server to run the most underused frontier while having crappy servers running the relic keeps on Mid/Hib.

Well, over to you...but if you're not laughing at 1 & 2 and nodding as you read 3 & 4 you play a different game than I do :)

Let the fun begin :flame:

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
i think you mean..let the flame being :flame: :D

I played all 3 realms and i liked playing mid chars better..because they kick ass :) fotm etc :p

Hib is really nice and alb just sucks...in my opinion.. :m00:

Edit: 6) albs are too lazy :>

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
its because albs average age are 14.5 :mad:

Great, that makes me worth almost two average albs. I knew I was good, but not *that* good :)

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
on excal alb's overpopulation is more of a hindrance than a help, most albs seem to think they need 300 people to take a relic, which seems to inevitably lead to a zone crash

alb's could take the relics if one of their capable leaders felt like leading a relic raid again (go Herbal! :) )

can't speak for other servers

if you think mythic/goa hate albs, er...
1) minstrels
2) sorcerers

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Vandar said:
Based on population per realm, on Excal Alb have 42% of the active players

Show us where u get this number from.

Let it be known, I have 3 Lvl 1 botts. 2 for rams, 1 for Scrolls.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think it's anything about the people who play each realm. In my experience playing across different realms and servers here and in the US, there's not a lot of difference between them.

But there is one factor that I suspect might have something to do with it: The position of Alb's power relic keep, which is a bitch to defend. Without checking, I'd be willing to bet that Albion on most servers virtually never has power relics (is there a site I can easily compare this, rather than going through the Realm Wars thing in Camelot Herald?), and that where they have relics at all, it's almost always the strength ones.

Of course, if I'm right, it kind of ruins what could have been a great flame/whine thread. Sorry :)

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
Show us where u get this number from.

Let it be known, I have 3 Lvl 1 botts. 2 for rams, 1 for Scrolls.

Dont think they are talking about active characters, more active players which is based on active accounts.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
I don't think it's anything about the people who play each realm. In my experience playing across different realms and servers here and in the US, there's not a lot of difference between them.

But there is one factor that I suspect might have something to do with it: The position of Alb's power relic keep, which is a bitch to defend. Without checking, I'd be willing to bet that Albion on most servers virtually never has power relics (is there a site I can easily compare this, rather than going through the Realm Wars thing in Camelot Herald?), and that where they have relics at all, it's almost always the strength ones.

Of course, if I'm right, it kind of ruins what could have been a great flame/whine thread. Sorry :)

Brings up a great point :)

Fatbelly

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe albs rarely have relics because mids stealthers _must_ have str relics, and mid has many tanks who also wants the str relics, so mid often raid and own them.

Hibs want power relics more than the other realms, due to highest caster population, so they raid those primarily.. which leaves nothing for the albs :m00:

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
It's class balance - quite simple.

For a couple of examples;

1) Look at your "optimal" group setup.
Alb - 2 healers
Hib - 4 healers
Mid - 5 healers

2) Look at your AE crowd control options.
Alb - 2 forms
Hib - 2 forms
Mid - 3 forms

Mythic is now pushing the game in favour of zerg battles and turning a blind eye to group vs group balancing (see New Frontiers). Justice on this level will probably never be done. Perhaps the relic situation will change though - at least the playing field will be levelled and Alb will have an equal chance with the other realms to hold power relics.

Aussie

Banned
powerrelics are completly impossible to defend for albs, even with a snowdonia porter , the relic is at the other side of the zone in a corner while others have their relickeep close to the borderkeep.
and why would albs do efford for the str relics if the kiddies take it back at 6am

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
Fatbelly said:
Maybe albs rarely have relics because mids stealthers _must_ have str relics, and mid has many tanks who also wants the str relics, so mid often raid and own them.

Hibs want power relics more than the other realms, due to highest caster population, so they raid those primarily.. which leaves nothing for the albs :m00:

hurray for nonsense :clap:

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Frontiers will change the overall Alb stats as the power relic shrine situation is resolved. At the moment the stats are screwed as it isn't a level playing field.

Willingness to do alarm clock raids is a huge factor. Alb/Excal has set it's stall out by saying we will not do alarm clock raids, even if that means we don't have relics. Players are very determined about this. Alarm clock raids are piss easy and will get the relics. If Alb had mounted a retaliatory raid then we would have seen the strength relics change hands every week.

Another factor behind Alb/Excal not having relics is that many feel there is little point. We know that if we take the relics primetime, Mid will alarm clock raid. They might not do it straightaway, but after 2/3 failed attempts the crybabies in Mid will do exactly what they did last time. They have to have the relics in order to venture into RvR. The decent Mids will logon one morning to find their weaker realmmates have succumbed to the allure of the alarm clock.

What is the point of enjoying contested relics when you know 1 realm contains enough alarm clock raiders to ruin the fun.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Albion is the primary role playing realm, FOR KING ARTHUR etc..

Just because they have the most 'active' population doesnt mean they have the most 'dedicated' RVR's.
Hib and Mid both have alot of RVR only guilds, Alb has about 3 (FC,AD,BF)
= More people actually wanting the Relics.

Although it does seem Alb's can muster up the biggest zergs on the server by far, odd that.. :m00:

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
Fatbelly said:

i dont want power relics ;( givf str

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Mr Hairball himself has promised a relic raid on the mids soon, and im pretty sure he will get them since mids have had them for so long that they dont appreciate them anymore, hence won't defend very vigourously. Then there are some mids who enjoy the taking of the relics more than actually having them, like me for instance :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Nalistah said:
its because albs average age are 14.5 :mad:

I know, but don't worry, just 2 more years and you'll be old enough to join us :fluffle:

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
seems to be a lot off children there though...or there are just a lot off childish bigger boys :eek2:

swords

Can't get enough of FH
The relic situation will be sorted in Frontiers.
Alb will be able to take and hold power relics aswell as strength relics and then all we need to do is hope the server can support the fights which will no doubt be waged. (please please please no server crash fests again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom