release date

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The actual release date is yet to be confirmed. The last announcement regarding the release date was to say that it was planned for the second quarter of 2008.

Any date you see on a pre-order is purely an estimate from the retailer and is not usually based on information from the developers. Until you see a press release from Goa and EA Mythic announcing the actual date, they're all just rumours and speculation.

Canabi

Fledgling Freddie
The actual release date is yet to be confirmed. The last announcement regarding the release date was to say that it was planned for the second quarter of 2008.

Any date you see on a pre-order is purely an estimate from the retailer and is not usually based on information from the developers. Until you see a press release from Goa and EA Mythic announcing the actual date, they're all just rumours and speculation.

will it be long? :(
cus I cant wait any longer. war is driving me to madness.
soon I will have to kill my self to release the the pain of anticipation! :'(

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
will it be long? :(
cus I cant wait any longer. war is driving me to madness.
soon I will have to kill my self to release the the pain of anticipation! :'(

Can I have your computer then? :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Could be interesting, AoC looks like it might beat WAR to the punch and it does look to be shaping up to be a pretty good game. Release timing could possibly make or break WAR, not many people buy two mmorpg's within 1-2 months of each other and a lot of players are waiting for one or both, most of who will likely buy the first one released.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Could be interesting, AoC looks like it might beat WAR to the punch and it does look to be shaping up to be a pretty good game. Release timing could possibly make or break WAR, not many people buy two mmorpg's within 1-2 months of each other and a lot of players are waiting for one or both, most of who will likely buy the first one released.

If it's anything like one of the testers posted on VNBoards, AoC is far from being released. It got slated quite badly, saying that most testers are waiting for a miracle patch before it's even playable!

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
There is a curious trend developing though, most of the people I know who were heavily invested in WAR are really losing interest, there is a very strong bored of waiting attitude mostly I suspect caused by the mistiming of the guild beta application.

For obvious reasons most of these people are now looking at AoC and will make a decision on WAR whenever that issues arises.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Let them release it when it's ready, a buggy game is a sure way of ensuring ppl go over to the competition.

ferore

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think the strategy of constantly advertising the fact that a few thousand people have been invited is a good idea. Infact, it infuriates me.

Every time they announce it and make a big deal out of it. Please check your inboxes! Please logon to our wonderful site incase your beta email got lost! You know that you haven't got an email, yet you go onto the site just incase it got lost. Of course you haven't got an invite, you knew that in the first place - but you had to double check to see. Your heart sinks.

Then you think that you'll be okay, there's always the guild beta. It'll be soon, they promised me that spot didn't they? Oh, they've invited another few thousand people before us again. They did say early 2008 for the guild beta, then you realise that they've said this before and could come up with more excuses. You hope that this delay will make the game even better than before, but you're sad that you still aren't part of it.

You think that you're doing a great job by recommending your friends to sign up for the WAR beta, even if they've never played Dark Age of Camelot. Maybe you'll convert them from WoW or some other game and hope that you could be playing together when it launches. Then you hear that one of those friends who signed up got a beta invite before you, even though you've signed up for everything at the first available opportunity. It's a huge kick in the teeth.

I've lost faith. I thought I'd be loyal to Mythic and GOA, but I just can't.

The enthusiasm I had for the game has disappeared.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If they dont release it in may at the latest they should wait until september.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Yup, Mythic/EA made a huge mistake starting to hype their game 2-3 years before it's released. People can't wait anylonger, they get fed up, find other games to play (AoC).

Another good move!

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, Mythic/EA made a huge mistake starting to hype their game 2-3 years before it's released. People can't wait anylonger, they get fed up, find other games to play (AoC).

Another good move!

When WAR finally gets released, and it turns out to be total crap, I'd lol so hard having waited on it for so long :D I can appreciate good irony 8)

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
aye i feel the same about how they started all this PR work on war bout 2years ago (est) its taking so long now, and ive been signed up to beta for year and half, and have got a fair few of my clan mates from other games to sign up, and some of them have beta, and they only been signed up since start of 08. it annoys me to noend like.

im still really really excited about playing war like dont get me wrong, but im kinda bored of waiting now. and still not received beta >< :DD

Canabi

Fledgling Freddie
If WAR turnes out to be crap, I will blow up all those who has been making the game, then kill Bourlog who told me about WAR. After that I'm killing my self!

(Probably should say that thats a joke so I dont get charged for threatening people on the internet again...)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
I don’t think AOC will have much of an impact on WAR even if it’s released much earlier.

Lets look at some facts WAR has what 500k + people signed up for beta information, the WAR franchise goes back 25 years, just think of all those people who grew up knowing the WAR lore/figures etc, these people might be interested in looking at AOC but once WAR is released it’s all going to be one way traffic.

God knows how many people from WOW will transfer over, and even the remaining people at DAOC will probably at the least try WAR on the basis it’s made by Mythic and ‘it’ might be good.

And on the plus side the local magazines here (PCPowerplay-Australia) are reporting a 15th March 2008 release date for WAR – So I guess they really have no idea, they must be using the older relase date 1st Qtr 2008 etc.

Eble

SoulSoldier

Fledgling Freddie
erm ye i did the last tech test for AoC and can safely say it is far from complete.

People who are saying the public are waiting for one or another are generally right, i was looking at War and AoC, but much prefer the look of WAR and i have alwasy been interested in it anyway.

It's unfair to say AoC wont have an impact on WAR, because it definitely will. The combat system is totally different for AoC which will attract a lot of new players. I know, we have rvr but some people will prefer it.

Personally, i didnt like it and am much more excited about WAR.

End of the day it will be released when it's good and ready.

Who wants to play a broken game?

/patience

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I don’t think AOC will have much of an impact on WAR even if it’s released much earlier.

Lets look at some facts WAR has what 500k + people signed up for beta information, the WAR franchise goes back 25 years, just think of all those people who grew up knowing the WAR lore/figures etc, these people might be interested in looking at AOC but once WAR is released it’s all going to be one way traffic.

Conan has a very detailed lore and is probably something like 10-15 years since the release of first book. The lore also has a large cult following and has had for a long time. Conan was also a series of movies...the general recognition of Conan is significantly bigger than Warhammer and it will appeal to a much wider audience.

D&D had a following equally as big as WAR and predated Warhammer by some 10 years, yet DDO flopped and very few even bought it at release.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Conan has a very detailed lore and is probably something like 10-15 years since the release of first book. The lore also has a large cult following and has had for a long time. Conan was also a series of movies...the general recognition of Conan is significantly bigger than Warhammer and it will appeal to a much wider audience.

D&D had a following equally as big as WAR and predated Warhammer by some 10 years, yet DDO flopped and very few even bought it at release.

I know what your saying but I live in Australia and I have in a city of only about 800k people 3 x WAR shops, can't say I've seen a conan shop at all :)

Just because WAR hasn't been up there doesn't mean it has got a massive following which ofc it has, you only need to have a brief look at the WOW forums these guys are openly discussing moving in the PVP sections at least.

I just don;t think that WAR people with give conan the time of day, lets see what happens and report back in 12 months.

Eble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom