Release 25-09-08?

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Just checked some online retailers, some give 25-09-08 as release date, some even later...

Euro Warhammer is one big mistery...

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Just checked some online retailers, some give 25-09-08 as release date, some even later...

Euro Warhammer is one big mistery...

Well Id trust no other than Mythic in thise case. 18th sept.

My local GAME store told me 22th sept
and GameStop 30th sept

They will know better closer to launch...

bobfish

Fledgling Freddie
18th makes sense, three days head start means the servers open on the Monday. Normal NA releases are Tuesday, normal European releases are Friday, it's sort of having it's own day.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
It's the retailers fault for no updating release dates on their products. September 18th is still the date for release.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Also... GamesDay UK is 14th sept and I'm hoping for that reason that headstart won't start until monday 15th. There will be loads at GamesDay from GOA/Mythic and I'm sure HS won't go ahead and until they are safely back in their office chairs.

Well I hope....

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
Where is GamesdayUK gonna be held this year?

*Edit*Ah just googled it silly me. Birmingham NEC ;) Might take a trip over there (as i ain't a million miles away) just to see what WAR guys r up to.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It is on a bigger scale than ever this year. I met the Barnett last year too..:worthy:

About 8 or 9 of my guild are meeting up again for the whole weekend. Best curry houses in the country surely.....

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
normal European releases are Friday

UK, not europe. Something about Virgin Mediastores restocking on Fridays or something. Rest of europe is more Tuesday/Wednesday.

One reason why the rest of europe could play DAoC a couple of days earlier than the people in the UK on release.

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
UK, not europe. Something about Virgin Mediastores restocking on Fridays or something. Rest of europe is more Tuesday/Wednesday.

One reason why the rest of europe could play DAoC a couple of days earlier than the people in the UK on release.

Wasnt it to do with preventing people taking time off from work sick when new games came out?

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
I always liked the idea of a game released for the weekend so if you worked a 9-5 Mon-Fri. You had something to do over the weekend, thats if you have no life outside games which i have been in that bracket before.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Here it's pretty much on Friday...

Judder

Loyal Freddie
The reason you see Friday September 22nd as the release date for some retailers.

The official release day for all new games in the UK is a Friday, this is a gentlemens agreement between games retailers (high street).

Every time a new online game, or expansion for that matter, gets released in the UK you find the same argument going on in Game.

Buyer "the game came out today, all other Countries are playing now"

Seller "we cannot sell it to you until Friday"

After much grief and screaming on web sites, the shops Head office send a memo to half there shops saying "you can sell it now".

GOA will know this from DAOC releases and from the history of other UK games releases but as they are not really in the customer service business they will forget and not push the marketing department to stop that bit of trouble brewing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom