Rejoice! Finally some interesting Alb SI Shots

D

Draylor

"20 or so" 100% qual drops in one trip - now that place is going to be camped for a while.

Looks like spellcrafting was capable of producing the best items for a whole 3 weeks - heh.

R

ReaLX

i ...... can't. .... ... . wait........

give ...... me ....... . .. SI .......

O

old.Wildfire

Doesn't look much like a dungeon though to be honest, more like someone's wine cellar or basement :) still, looks interesting which is always good :D

L

loxleyhood

Look at the size of thos booze barrels!!! What the hell we need friars for any more?!? :)

D

daphatfriar

That booze *is* for the Friars m8 ;)

It's the new Friar Trainer's Area.

Also in SI Friars become even more important than before (seems hard to believe i know!) abd you must give all Frairs you meet money and items to make us go away :)

F

Falcor

trouble is, all these new places r making old ones obsolete, DM is obsolete, Lyn B will soon be so, Legion will be Obsolete by looks of it with SI as will dragon, as will most DF drops, tis a shame,

still damned nice Screenies tho, just seems a shame that all these others places are gonna be used very little in future =/

T

Tigerius

Sure that's always a very hard issue with adding new content, how do you make it interesting to someone who has seen all, done all, got all of the previous content without actually diminshing it in importance?

New drops HAVE to offer if not better stats so atleast new abilities, random stats, cooler effects, equippable in new slot, SOMETHING that makes them desired at all.

New classes as good as have to differ from the old ones in some drastic way, provide a unqiue new interesting prospect.

New zones have to be bigger and have more impressive mobs and challenges and/or new desirable drops to draw the attention for any longer period of time past the initial exploration.

Add all together and it's not really a doubt that new contents come as direct nerfs of old contents, and while I agree that it feels a bit gutting for previously high desired drops to be little more than pre-50 gear, I'll atlest be honest to myself and say that it's the hunt I enjoy more than the actual usage of the item.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

DM was new but now pretty quiet.
DF is new, and still used a fair bit really.
Lyonesse is old, and still abused a lot :)
I think it just depends on what it offers a group really.
Regards, Glottis

F

Flimgoblin

All the big epic hunts will go to SI... but people will still kill Legion :) can't say no to a good quality lightsabre after all...

F

Falcor

I just remember when DM was so put on, and it was soo much fun going round hunting the named mobs etc....little Albions wont have that experince anymore =/

O

old.Wildfire

Well, Caer Sidi will only really cater for lvl 50 players, in large numbers... at all other times when it's not possible to get together this number of players, and for everyone else below 50, Dartmoor / Darkness Falls raids are still far more viable and useful.

K

korhal

LOVE THE HELMS !!!

might reroll to an armsman just to have that cool helm ;)

O

old.LandShark

they managed to make the plate helms look UGLIER? I'm impressed

D

Draylor

Interesting (to me at least) comment from the crafting TL on the drops in the 'epic dungeon' - cut'n'paste from www.daoctradeskills.com message boards.

I really think that many of you are still underestimating how difficult the loot dropping mobs (heck, even how difficult the yard trash) will be when they hit production and overestimating how much loot they each drop. It's sort of like the way people reacted when they found out about how good dragon loot was but after all this time there really hasn't been enough dragon loot hitting the economy to make any serious impact.

None of these items are "easily farmable". You can't just take a small group in, leave with 20 items, and call it a night any more than you can farm the dragon spawn (as was predicted when the dragons were first implemented). The fact of the matter is that all of the "yard trash" mobs were killed by the Devs before this test ran (and when I say yard trash I'm not exactly talking about camelot hills skeletons) and all of the named mobs that were killed for script testing purposes were *gimped*... That's right, somehow this piece was missed by the testers who scrambled to post about their loot, but the named mobs that they killed were no where near full power but intentionally made weak so that their scripts could be tested properly.

Believe me, I have gone over this with the devs a few times now and even getting a few items is going to be a major undertaking so you can expect the vast majority of your business to continue as usual. In fact, I'd say that anyone who wants to even dream about hitting this zone will be spending quite a bit of money making sure that they have the best spellcrafted gear possible so that they can do as much damage as possible and not die as long as possible.

Ian
Tradeskills, Itemization/Economy,Rabid Squirrel, and Rampaging Carnivorous Chihuahua Team Lead
Mini-Spyke

So the expectations about this being 'rigged' as an end-of-beta-event appear to be correct.

Regardless of the drop rate itll be interesting for the first few visits :)

E

Exinferis

Red to 50 Hammer
95% quality
25% bonus
19.2dps
12str
12con
4hammer

funky item :)

and jesus plate helm is ugly in SI :p

D

Draylor

Heh, interesting item - but 95% qual, 25% bonus says /salvage is all its good for ;)

J

Jiggs

SI has a 'we are making a level cap past 50' feel to it?

K

kirennia

put it think way falcor...for them to keep me interested til it comes out, I'm gonna have to stop playing for at least a 2 month period :p

D

Draylor

GOA said "1st quarter 2003" as a possible date for SI here.

Theyll have to get to 1.54 (or later) before it can be used here - so expect to see it in late March at the earliest.

Id love to be wrong about this - but I suspect Im not :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom