Regular RvR Group for Thursday night...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly as it says i want to start running regular rvr groups from a week this thursday (22nd) onwards - the groups will be fixed if you sign up please make an effort to turn up - or at least advise me a day or two before if you cant!If you are a regular member please advise me a week ahead if you want to drop out permenantly for any reason.

Ok secondly some rules that apply to all the classes involved:

A)Realm Rank 2+ if a caster, RR4+ if a tank (with Ignore Pain and Purge and preferably bodyguard).
B)You must have either purge or MoC if youre a caster(preferably both)
C)Fully spellcrafted or complete ToA template.
D)Everybody makes mistakes - but repeating them is just dumb - you will be replaced if you dont learn :twak:
E)Whoever is leading the group that night (may not always be me once we get it going) must be listened to and obeyed at all costs - they know what the agenda is and will probably have a cg running with other interested groups
F)No solo spec templates at all - I.E if youre a sorcerer without much in mind, or a theurgist without much in Earth or a paladin without shield...You get my drift!
G)All classes should bring at least a few potions of each kind with them for use in close fights.
H)If you cant take dying a few times or even repeatedly (as there are some very very good groups out there) dont join up.If you leave the group in a strop over a death you will probably be dropped from future groups (barring personal emergency).
I)Lastly and PLEASE have the common sense to be bound in CS and have your BB's there too.We will not be going to emain everytime.

Draconian? No just sensible - all of the above have good reason for being that way.

Ok now to the group setup...This is the starting setup i want but it may evolve over time as people come and go:

Minstrel - Evita (me)
Theurgist - AlmostNinni
Wizard (Ice)
Wizard (Ice)
Cabalist
Cleric - Minimum 40 Rejuv
Paladin (blockbot)
Sorcerer

This may evolve depending on interest and how the mix works but for now thats the template - am basing it on a first-come first-served basis at the moment - if you lie about your spec (as i have had people do in the past) or break the above rules you wont be reinvited. Hope to get a good group going - prehaps even two eventually? We'll see...

One last thing - i do have certain tactics in mind for the group once its up and running so please bear with me at the start of each run as i walk you through them so we all know what we're doing... :fluffle:

Contact me ingame or via PM here if you have questions - the rules above are harsh but otherwise if we dont follow them this will be a waste of time - lets have some fun killing hibs/mids instead of the other way around! :cheers:

Derik

Fledgling Freddie
Derik signing up, for blockbot spot.

Armsman.
RR 4L6, det 5, purge and soldier's barricade.
Hybrid spec: 50 shield, 39 2H, 37 slash.
ML 10 Battlemaster
ToA equipment, no artifacts, most resists maxed or fairly high. Can send you more details if this sounds a bit ropey.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
one healing class.... m good luck :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
That was my initial worry too but i wanted the added interrupts a cabby gives...and after a quick field test yeah the poor cleric cant keep up usually...Even if he's maxed rejuv with good ras he struggles..new group format - same but with one slot swapped and a minor alteration to the sorc slot (all 50 please btw - few <50s asking):

Minstrel - Evita (me)
Theurgist - AlmostNinni
Wizard (Ice) - RR2+
Wizard (Ice) - RR2+
Paladin - (blockbot - RR4+ and preferably BG).
Sorcerer - RR4+ (needs to be v.good)

Any out of group BB's welcome as before - and unfortunately i need a paladins end chant not an armsman for what i have in mind mate - apologies.
:eek7:

Also please check the requirements posted above before messaging me in game - am not flexible on them as we need them to survive. Also kinda worried when ppl are asking me ingame what tactics i plan to use to kill with that group...Kinda obvious?
Helpful comments/observations welcome btw :)

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
And this is why alb sucks

Minstrel+Cleric+Sorc+paladin = bard
Theurgist+Cleric = warden
Wizard (Ice) - mana chanter, free pet to interupt casters
Wizard (Ice) - mana eld, shed loads of utility

Damn it appears we have 4 spaces left.

Yeah yeah sure squeezing all that into 4 characters will make game play very hard - but it sure goes to prove the point, and yes albs get theurg pets, ABS, and an extra hybrid tank and better healers. anyway.. back to something non DAOC related...

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
sorc, pala, mins, cleric, cleric, theurg, cabalist, cabalist

can replace the pala with smth else if you like, but that's an uber grp of d00m (if everyone knows how to play....)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Xeanor said:
sorc, pala, mins, cleric, cleric, theurg, cabalist, cabalist

can replace the pala with smth else if you like, but that's an uber grp of d00m (if everyone knows how to play....)

Can't replace paladin tbh.. BG is always nice and so is chain grappling some offensive tank.

We've done quite good too with theurg replaced by a Banelord Merc, good interrupts and nice extra damage. *advertise* ;)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Nxs said:
And this is why alb sucks

Minstrel+Cleric+Sorc+paladin = bard
Theurgist+Cleric = warden
Wizard (Ice) - mana chanter, free pet to interupt casters
Wizard (Ice) - mana eld, shed loads of utility

Damn it appears we have 4 spaces left.

Yeah yeah sure squeezing all that into 4 characters will make game play very hard - but it sure goes to prove the point, and yes albs get theurg pets, ABS, and an extra hybrid tank and better healers. anyway.. back to something non DAOC related...

Yeh it does suck if you run with a retarded grp that has ice wizzies..

Anyway, no way bard or warden can heal as good as a cleric.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Must say as many else. Funny grp setop. I hvae 0% repsec for wizards, never seen 1 do good. either fire or cold, they SUCK. Just a thing making me hade em more is that many of em are retards :eek7:
But yes u should make grp like: Cle,Cle,Sorc(50mind),Sorc (+46body),cab,cab,bg pal/banelord merc and then a theu/mincer.
And just a little comment. u CAN be just as nice sorc without have more mind than body, take a spec like 40b/36m, u get yellow crack, yellow mess, yellow root, yellow pet, nice dmg. And the mess gets resiisted like 3% more than 44... hmmm imo worth it anytime unless u got both a 50 M and 50 B sorc in grp.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Feel i should defend wizzies but cba as they dont need to be defended really they can do it on their own. Ta for the input guys but this was supposed to be a signup thread primairily... :twak:
And dont really see anyone signing up...grr ok guess i'll give it another two days if nothing then just go back to solo'ing and taking places in groups with people who dont know how to use /stick...so i then have to search for them for 20 minutes and the group dies to a zerg as a result....not that it happens a lot or anything! :puke:
Something i'm gonna post here even though i just said its a signup thread - ffs in a rvr group everyone in the group who ISNT driving make the following macros on a bar - any bar! /target drivername /face drivername /stick drivername and maybe just maybe your minstrel wont run you into a zerg while typing /g ffs stick up guys where ru this time?! :flame:
Rant over..nn all and hope to see some interest - if none then no probs - final decision to be made sat night.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Dreami said:
Yeh it does suck if you run with a retarded grp that has ice wizzies..

Anyway, no way bard or warden can heal as good as a cleric.

more friar-ish :/

Zede

Part of the furniture
Post a Group set up that people think may actually stand a decent chance, and you may get more response :)

imo :

2 x Sorc
2 x Cleric
2 x Cabbie
2 x Mini
* Wildcard

Lack of sorcs and cabbies, so probably wont happen :(

The 4 pets really help interupts, and tbh with albion classes lacking soo much utility, u need these classes to stand a chance againt the leet mid and hib groups consistantly farming albs on a hourly basis.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:
Lack of sorcs and cabbies

Yep thas one of the big problem on albion, we got so few sorcs, and even fewer cabs (5-6 lvl 50 cabs online friday at maybe 21:00 gmts... not much for rvr) So its a much needed class for albion to roll op the last week rps list with so many hibs/mids in top on to many servers. But think nf will help the albs getting in top with the removal of gp and new laming from aoe dots (muhhahah) :m00:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
The group has a VERY good chance thankyou if it plays in the way i had in mind and everybody is fairily competent - and the way i had in mind is not running around emain waiting to get zerged or run into one of the radar-loving groups that are around there... :eek7:
Its called tactics ladies and gentlemen, and allowed you to beat a vastly superior foe if applied correctly - i realise the concept of tactics will be a foreign concept to most albs - unless it involves feeding the mids and hibs so many rps they retire from rvr because its too easy? :worthy:

And if you doubt my tactics work ask the full group of hibs who died to 5 of us stealths near aileene last week :)
Rant over and going to assume no interest since the thread has been up a full two days with only one (unsuitable unfortunately) signup...
:(
Back to solo i guess!

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
And if you doubt my tactics work ask the full group of hibs who died to 5 of us stealths near aileene last week :)
Ganking AFK'ers needs tictacs !!!!!1111

:rolleyes:

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
As Sorc got 3 debuffs spells, a Fire Wizzi may work too as dam dealer.

Grou may look like this:
Cleric
Cleric
Friar and/or Mincer and/or Theurg (2 of 3)
Sorc (Mezz)
Sorc (Debuff)
Fire wizzi
Fire Wizzi

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:

Grou may look like this:
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc (Mezz)
Sorc (Debuff)
Fire wizzi
Fire Wizzi

Tbh, a cabalist debuffing for sorcs and other cabalists (and itself ofc) works much better than sorc debuffing for fire wizzies (can't debuff own damage either). Cabby got lots more utility, AoE disease, nearsight and so on.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Brolundar said:

Grou may look like this:
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc (Mezz)
Sorc (Debuff)
Fire wizzi
Fire Wizzi

cleric
cleric
friar/caba/theurg
sorc
sorc/body
fire wiz
theurg/caba
mins/pala/theurg

Nuking for 800-1200 damage with ToA sc after debuff is enough to make up for the utility loss(i have 823 nuke cap when sc done)...if the wizard can kill a caster at start of fight in 2 bolts(well most casters) which any fire wizard really can(most certainly with ToA sc they should)

People tend to forget, ressed casters get 1 shotted by fire spec bolt and it can help a lot especially against hibs mainly.Any set of casters can do well if you all play as a team, it's nice having them mixed i think though and provides more fun xD

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Wazkyr said:
Must say as many else. Funny grp setop. I hvae 0% repsec for wizards, never seen 1 do good. either fire or cold, they SUCK. Just a thing making me hade em more is that many of em are retards :eek7:
hmm never seen a good wizzie?? open your eyes a bit mate.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
But yes u should make grp like: Cle,Cle,Sorc(50mind),Sorc (+46body),cab,cab,bg pal/banelord merc and then a theu/mincer.
And just a little comment. u CAN be just as nice sorc without have more mind than body, take a spec like 40b/36m, u get yellow crack, yellow mess, yellow root, yellow pet, nice dmg. And the mess gets resiisted like 3% more than 44... hmmm imo worth it anytime unless u got both a 50 M and 50 B sorc in grp.

I have 0% respect for people who make stupid comments like you too.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:
Ta for the input guys but this was supposed to be a signup thread primairily... :twak:
And dont really see anyone signing up...grr ok guess i'll give it another two days if nothing then just go back to solo'ing and taking places in groups with people who dont know how to use /stick...so i then have to search for them for 20 minutes and the group dies to a zerg as a result....not that it happens a lot or anything! :puke:

Forums aren't the best way to form a regular group, your best bet is to make groups ingame. As long as you have a core of about 4 people, you can find the other 4 every night and it shouldn't be too hard.

You need a driver, CC and MA you can count on as those are the most important roles, imo. After that just look for the classes you'll need ( /who "Level 50 Wizard" ). After a couple of weeks, if you can fix a core you'll be doing well. Starting an RvR group in Albion is no easy thing, so unless you're going to try hard for at least a month, don't bother starting ;)

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
My perfect RvR group would consist of :

Necro
Necro
Necro
Necro
Necro
Necro
Necro
Necro

Stlong damage imo ! :m00:

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
leviathane said:
hmm never seen a good wizzie?? open your eyes a bit mate.

They have been open, all the wizies i se are op to non good really. So yes i dont like the class nothing new about that, maybe the fact that they got so little utility.

And to Sycho, dont se whats wrong with my post, if u got a problem with me in person, tell so instead of saying im a stupid person :eek6:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
They have been open, all the wizies i se are op to non good really. So yes i dont like the class nothing new about that, maybe the fact that they got so little utility.

And to Sycho, dont se whats wrong with my post, if u got a problem with me in person, tell so instead of saying im a stupid person :eek6:

I didn't call you stupid, i just said your comment was, which it was.

You can't say players aren't good if you haven't played with all oO

You get a fire wiz who can assist a body sorc well, they do the most damage in daoc.But anyway like i said, i think mixed casters is the best and most fun group.

Gimpstrel, that group would work in DF. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom