Registering for a buffbott account

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Im not sure why , but it seems GoA are actually trying to stop me getting one. Twice now i have gone through the process on the registration site, entered my details and the Catacombs cd-key , and got the message saying congratulations on your registration, an email has been sent to u.

But it hasnt, so i registered again with another email address i have. Same message, but 2 days on, no email. Im trying to throw money at them here but they dont seem to want it. Problem is tho, I want the bot.

When u register, the payment account details site doesnt come up, but the question of how many months subs u would like to pay does. I put 1 months subscription down both times, this is bothering me. Afaik that wont do anything, they didnt go to the Credit Card part and ask for the card details to pay, but im wondering why it even goes to that page b4 sending u out your passwords.

In the end, its not the end of the world if i cant get a buffbott account, but i just cant understand why this over a 4 day period doesnt seem to work.

Has anyone else had problems with this, trying to open up a second account and what did you do about it to make it work?

(P.S) Yes both Emails were valid, yes i check my email accounts regularily.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
have you checked the trash box? sometimes goa emails go straight into that.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
You cannot register a new account to an email-address which already has a DAOC-account registered to.

Make sure its an email-address which doesnt have a DAOC-account on it and you should be fine.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
You cannot register a new account to an email-address which already has a DAOC-account registered to.

Make sure its an email-address which doesnt have a DAOC-account on it and you should be fine.

I know that and both are non registered newly made nothing to do with daoc email accounts. I mean in the end its them losing business , not me, im just wondering why its not coming thru.

Nm tho, anyone sellin a bb account by any chance :p ?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I will sell you mine for 1 gazillion pounds... sterling.. non sequential used notes.
If you ask me nicely.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Site's prob bugged. Create another email address and try again. No doubt the one you used is registered as used now so probably won't work if you tried it again. =)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know what email host you use, but hotmail and some of the other freebie ones seem to treat GOA emails as spam, and delete/quarantine it.

Darzil

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You can buy my bb a/c

Meet me at the memorial fountain in the park at exactly 1:31 am. Wear a beige mac, a bowler hat, and have a copy of the Telegraph under your left arm. The password is "Whoops ! A big cat just ate my banjo".

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp doesnt mention that you then have to eat his Banjo if you want the account - mine is still better value imo!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
evzy said:
Lamp doesnt mention that you then have to eat his Banjo if you want the account - mine is still better value imo!

LOLZ

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
So after all that, did you email subscription@goa.com or register a rightnow complaint? I think I know the answer.

I dunno what you expect of this lot when you posted, but -> insert witty comment here <- sums it up nicely. This isnt an official forum, so making a complaint here isnt going to get you far. I suggest you speak to the people who might.

cmr

Banned
Puppet said:

what he said

had the same thing happen

you can register it and then change the email to the same as your other acc which is what i did a while ago

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I don't know what email host you use, but hotmail and some of the other freebie ones seem to treat GOA emails as spam, and delete/quarantine it.

Darzil

Prolly why , stupid hotmail, no wait cant be cos they send them for my active account to my hotmail main account.

Hmm well i lost care now lol.

thx anyway

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
So after all that, did you email subscription@goa.com or register a rightnow complaint? I think I know the answer.

I dunno what you expect of this lot when you posted, but -> insert witty comment here <- sums it up nicely. This isnt an official forum, so making a complaint here isnt going to get you far. I suggest you speak to the people who might.

I "WOULD" do that , except i cant, bcoz my Rightnow password "BRILLIANTLY" isnt my login password for the game, and why is this ? bcoz when GoA last changed my passwords for me, they didnt update it for rightnow. Which yes i did send about, i emailed and i asked a GM on here, and explained the situation, they said theyll change it. But they havnt, its still my former password , which i dont have anymore, cos i left Daoc and came back, and in that time i subsequently lost said scrap of paper with my very old passes on (as i didnt think i needed it as they said they'd change it) so i only had my current Game login and pass, which dont work........... Phew...

I posted asking if anyone else has had this problem and what they did/or had done about it. Jeez man chillax :)

I understand where ure coming from tho

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
I "WOULD" do that , except i cant, bcoz my Rightnow password "BRILLIANTLY" isnt my login password for the game, and why is this ? bcoz when GoA last changed my passwords for me, they didnt update it for rightnow. Which yes i did send about, i emailed and i asked a GM on here, and explained the situation, they said theyll change it. But they havnt, its still my former password , which i dont have anymore, cos i left Daoc and came back, and in that time i subsequently lost said scrap of paper with my very old passes on (as i didnt think i needed it as they said they'd change it) so i only had my current Game login and pass, which dont work........... Phew...

I posted asking if anyone else has had this problem and what they did/or had done about it. Jeez man chillax :)

I understand where ure coming from tho
Fair enough m8, you would be surprised at the amount of people who dont, but post on here instead.

I must admit I had the same thing with my rightnow password, which is now totally different to my game account, on both my accounts, confusing to say the least.

As for new accounts, I cant see why that isnt working, Ill ask if recent events have done anything to the subs system.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
This only goes to prove that BBs are pure EVIL and some RIGHTOUS Techno Terrorist is finally taking a stand and intercepting your e-mails :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom