Regarding SB/Zerk/INF/NS/BM/Merc

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Research by wyrdd has shows that weaponskill and dmg will not change if your main weapon spec is at 51, when using LA/CD/DW styles. This would mean that you can have a spec of 35+16 hammer and not have ur dmg or weaponskill change when using LA/CD/DW styles. This would have a number of good factors, for example you could change your spec slightly to incoroprate more parry or take out +hammer in ur sc and redirect those sc points to something like more qui or hpts. This obviously has more use more some classes, not least the SB/Zerk.

I was wondering if any1 has any knowledge on this or has preformed research that shows that their dmg doesnt change when switching to 51 effective weaponspec. I have parsar logs that show my dps and dmg per swing etc so will be able to contrast these with my new logs thatll ill have after i respecced. However till then i was wondering if other people have tried this.

Thankyou.

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm interesting,as I use only CD styles with bm... could throw more pts`s to parry then... :E

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
its not the best to do if u plan to use free points on la/dw/cd! yes the ws means nothing when it comes equal to the 51 weap spec BUT if u get debuffed the ws loss is more than noticable!+ there is something wrong with the growth rate!
but despite all these it seem to work fine on cs styles since cs styles mechanics are based only on cs spec!

chova99

Fledgling Freddie
ive tryed it on my ns and i dont like it at all, i seem to miss alot more, and as urizen sayed your ws will be alot lower when debuffed and u do less dmg then if u had 50 weap. Many sayes its good, but not me.with my old spec I was 50 pierce 43 cd and i could easy hit ppl for 300+ after i respecced to 35 pierce 44 CD its been utter crap i rarely hit for 200 but thats just me others that havent done that kinda dmg maybe find this solotion best but i can be wrong aswell tho.

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i like it alot, and it works, my spec on inf is

34 slash
44 cs
50 dw
33 stealth
24 env

+17 ofc

1400 WS, 178 less than what i had with 50 slash

Get the best of cs and dw with high dmg output.

Inf are op :flame:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
It might have an affect on miss rates but it will not affect damage at all. Except style damage.

Those of you who tryed it and said your damage went crap, you cant keep using the pierce or whatever styles.

I dont recommend it for zerks though, because when you swap to 2-h during vendo+banespike mode youll lose style damage.

Faril

Banned
I have 50 sword, 50 la (teh usual) so if i pu points in sword in my sc, that doesnt affect dmg output on my left axe styles?

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
My template has 51 effective thrust. I'm a CS infiltrator, and it works GREAT! :cheers:

(35+15 env, 35+15 stealth, 44+15 cs, 22+15 dw, 50+RR thrust for dragonfang)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Specced my Inf to 50CS, 35+16slash, 34env, 34 stealth and 34DW just for the fun of it and works good.

Skopti

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh id like to thank wyrd for pointing that one out to infs and NS ;) , tried it on my SB and dmg was still awful, gone back to my wonderfully gimpy 50 axe 50 cs and just use a 2hander though its a little disconcerting to garrote for 300 and get hit back twice as fast by and inf with 350 mainhand and 150 off.

Them's the breaks I guess, I doubt sbs will ever be fixed and ill be damned if i ever roll an inf so ill just keep on plugging away. :)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well i hardly ever use any hammer styles, when i go Vendo/Banespike ive generally found that LA is better ( you still get 1000+ hits relatively easy in it). So that being wuld it be ok to just have an effective hammer spec of 51, and it wont effect my dmg or miss rate in anyway when using LA styles?

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Skopti said:
Yeh id like to thank wyrd for pointing that one out to infs and NS ;) , tried it on my SB and dmg was still awful, gone back to my wonderfully gimpy 50 axe 50 cs and just use a 2hander though its a little disconcerting to garrote for 300 and get hit back twice as fast by and inf with 350 mainhand and 150 off.

Them's the breaks I guess, I doubt sbs will ever be fixed and ill be damned if i ever roll an inf so ill just keep on plugging away. :)
Seems there is difference in opinions amongst SBs aswell, I have seen posts in this very forum aswell as on the VN SB boards with the quite opposite result, people getting alot more dmg from their spec and having alot more chance of winning in fights.

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
Seems there is difference in opinions amongst SBs aswell, I have seen posts in this very forum aswell as on the VN SB boards with the quite opposite result, people getting alot more dmg from their spec and having alot more chance of winning in fights.
This new spec helped sbs but it for sure didnt fix them

Skopti

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:

I'm just a stick in the mud 2h CB, did try out the new 5 spec SB but was thoroughly unimpressed especially going 1 on 1 with infs, those guys really do have their cake and eat it.

I prefer caster killing anyway, so i try to avoid inf fights as much as possible and as i solo 90% of the time its no fun to hit one inf only to have more infs appear with scout and mincer mates.

I'm at the point now where if im stunned by a mincer/scout or inf i dont even bother purging as his mates will soon be joining in. Cant blame them for grouping though, there aim is to kill mids and hibs and when you have the most powerful assassin and sniper and the a fantastic stealther support in mincers youd be a fool not to.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Respecced my BM to 39 pierce, 39 blades, 50 CD, leftovers in parry and shield.

Trying to build a template atm that includes +11 CD and +8 all weapons (got +4 from rr to take composite weapon specs to 51) and it's not that easy to to do, especially as the items with +all melee tend to have melee haste bonuses/melee resists and other stuff you totally overcap on :m00:

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
so could i spec 39 blunt 39 blades (or whatever + items/rr to 51 in blade/blunt) then 50 CD, then use my Malice blades in off hand, and keep my Hammer main hand and still do the same dmg ? If using CD styles...

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Yurka said:
so could i spec 39 blunt 39 blades (or whatever + items/rr to 51 in blade/blunt) then 50 CD, then use my Malice blades in off hand, and keep my Hammer main hand and still do the same dmg ? If using CD styles...
Should work ...

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Culanan said:
it's not that easy to to do, especially as the items with +all melee tend to have melee haste bonuses/melee resists and other stuff you totally overcap on :m00:
go hunt some nice rogs with +all melee :p

on topic: i dont see the point for a merc especially a slash merc since the slash rear style owns the dw rear style/s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom