Question Regarding dayshifts, demolition and creepers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hello all, just poking a thread in here to get a lay of the land.

How do you all stand on indestructible buildings, locked chests(that can't be blown up), lack of TNT, creepers having pampers pants on(not blowing stuff up), people being able to shift to day and warp around(if not mod ofcourse) and so forth. Do you want less, more, this, that?

Basically taking a survey on how realistic/dangerous/etc people want the server to be.

Ofcourse would be fun to cater to all, but some kind of a middleground would be optimal.

I'm presonally ofcourse in the camp of "Let everything burn in a hellfire and doom to all!", where people need to rebuild stuff byweekly :p

But as said, not my call alone to make, so now is the time to speak up. No judgement will be passed on opinions, free speech.

outern88

Fledgling Freddie
i would like to see tnt and creppers that blow up. but locked chests is a must or i would probably smash my computer when all of my diamonds are gone. I think there should be day and night, no shifting.

- English -

Resident Freddy
imo the server needs to get together, decide on rules, mods, lands etc .. then rewipe and have a fresh start. Things being added all the time are spoiling it imo and has taken the value out of the game. I mean, Broville ..., i found a chest with about 250diamonds in it .. whats the point? ive no reason to farm diamonds again.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Broville was a little misstake xD I explored the city before I released it, and didn't find that many diamonds. So I thought it was safe to release, not knowingly that people became seriously rich!

Jamesopolis is not a city like that, the walls is not built up by iron/gold/diamond ore, and you cant find many valueable chests around at all.

But I think it is important to get inspiration visiting great citys such as those, so people keep on getting new ideas on how to do things.

-------------------

Anyway, I myself think the server might be a littlebit to easy. Hence why I myself want the limited use on warps, and to add more payments to teleport around(Like when I added the cost to use Stargate). And that I added the part where you loose money when you die.

The community is very split on this subject, since some wants this to be a focused building/mining server, while the rest wants it to be a hardcore survival server.

So I think meeting in the middle is the way to go, as for now I will restrict the ability to change to daytime IF not everyone currently online on the server agrees.

I will also enable TNT again, creeper will still not hurt structures untill the bug if fixed where they turn invisible sometimes.

Diamonds_Plz

Fledgling Freddie
i prefer SMP for the building aspect, since people can actually see and explore your structures. if i wanted to hardcore survive i could play singleplayer. simple as that.

- English -

Resident Freddy
i think we should have 1 land for roleplay, the other for pvp or something .. is there no mods for NCP guards or equivilent yet? raiding would be such fun ;p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I don't play the FH server yet, I don't really have time and a little too busy playing my own if i am honest, but as a suggestion why not simply play vanilla minecraft with the basic bukkit multiworld plugin for a while and slowly add mods as and when it seems appropriate. Making minecraft easy and pasting in lots of schematics ect makes it really boring. Part of the challenge should be creating structures that are creeper proof and creating redstone traps mobs and for players trying to steel your loot ect.

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
Im quite enjoying the server as it is, and building stuff. I dont think I'd like a more hardcore server, and I'd probably stop playing on this server if thats the case.

Structures should stand the testiment of time. They can be very time consuming to create. To then go blow them up/grief/wipe/whatever just seems sad. You may as well not bother if thats the case.

DjSatansfury

Regular Freddie
Also, warping. The game is too big to be manually carting about everywhere. If you want something in the air it means you've got to have access to the ground as well.

The game only really has minecarts as a transport method and lets be honest, they're pretty crap. Trapsing from one side of the map for an hour just to get to my chest to grab some tools sounds about as much fun as dipping your balls in acid.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I think we have it quite balanced as of now. With a mix between the survival part and the building part.

Everyone can't be 100% happy all the time, and with the time rule, and allowing everyone to use TNT. It should be a little harder.

+ I will open up for creepers to do block damage, once bukkit gets that freaking generating bug fixed(So that they dont go invisible, and just comes up and explodes without beeing able to see them).

Diamonds_Plz

Fledgling Freddie
i still dont agree with the creeper thing, one could just walk near a bulding to get the crepper to grief for them.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
But that would still be griefing and might result in ban if you get cought doing it!

Btw, a ip is trying to connect to the server over and over again, I've traced it back to the US(Florida). So I guess it is you, if you have problems connecting use this ip instead: zebra498.startdedicated.com

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
YEap, and creeper hearding isn't as easy as it sounds, not to mention you can hardly ruin someones buildings, just perhaps 10 minutes worth of repairs :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Fair enough, just in case anyone doesn't know: obsidian is creeper proof, you can mine it with diamond tools where lava and water meet over rock, so it is easy enough to make and brick will generally stand three or four creeper explosions as well. I daresay some future blocks will too - anything with a resistance of 63.5 or above at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom