Regarding Animists..

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Having trouble deciding whether to come back and play my animist or not, seems to be alot of fun to play in NF etc..
Some say they are fotm atm and there are lots around... Heck when I played my ani ½year-8months ago ppl almost laughed at me ^^ Some say its still shit-
Gettin a team for RvR back then was as easy as trying to bite urself in the eye :c

some questions I have....
Can the foresthearts still fire through walls?
anyone regulary run with animist(s) in grps? any oppinions from RvR?
.. Is it better to simply go for an Eldritch instead ? :(
thoughts about animists in NF?

wauuu Im confused ;)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
only checks los on start of shroom cast, if target moves behind a wall it still hits, but other than that no they cant fire through walls

some groups have animists in

if you want to run around a lot eld is probably better choice, if you want to camp chokepoints/keeptaking go ani (more of the latter in NF)

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
PVE they will chase u forever to group for ML/artis. :eek2:

RVR forget it!!!!! :puke:

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt say it was impossible but 3k over last week from much asking aint good! Oh yeah and thanks for grps. You and Lamara are animist friendly :clap:

Maybe should have said FEW and FAR BETWEEN lol!!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the beuty is a lvl 20 animist with 50 creep focus can hold lvl 9 DD FNF with fop and therefore is very viable in a fins group (pretty much as viable as a higher lvl animist)

lvling now has become so incredabbly easy the number of animists has sored.

I chucked my one in a fins grp these other day and he is lvl 45 now. The only icon i got on Qbar is forest servent to.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The other day I was roaming emain and happened to come accross a hib group (you do find some in emain from time to time) with 2 animists there that were spamming non stop. What better place for a ranger than stand in the middle of the shrooms and start shooting at everyone.

My point is: People will just wanna make the groups they're accustomed to. However other combinations do work, and they work just fine. All you have to do is to find the right open-minded ppl.

Taking this point to another place, some hibs should really get their thumps off their a@#es and start looking at some different options and possibilities. It is a co-op game at the end of the day.

Nough said, peace :cheers:

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
I like RvR with a good animist in group, unfortunately good animists seem quite rare ;) (fins afk lvling 4tw!)

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
I like RvR with a good animist in group, unfortunately good animists seem quite rare ;) (fins afk lvling 4tw!)
Ok so what makes a 'good' animist? So all the little animists out there know what we should be doing (me included)!!

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Evok said:
Ok so what makes a 'good' animist? So all the little animists out there know what we should be doing (me included)!!
ask coj, I'm a crap animist :p

but the basics are the same for any class - awareness and reaction time

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
ask coj, I'm a crap animist :p

but the basics are the same for any class - awareness and reaction time
Nice 1! So if you dont know what a 'good' animist is then how do u decide if u group with them. LOL piss take over! Silly statement for u to make really tho!

Like any 'mage' ill get on with nuking/shrooming if I'm not mezzed/rooted/stunned etc to ground or being interupted by melee or pets. Give me bard with fast reaction time and mezz that works and a bodyguard that hits hard and is aware his mage is getting the crap kicked outta them! Better get back to normal mezz/dead or hack/dead or interupt/cant cast/dead or combo of all LOL

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Evok said:
Nice 1! So if you dont know what a 'good' animist is then how do u decide if u group with them. LOL piss take over! Silly statement for u to make really tho!
I notice whether a player makes a difference in the group or not. Whether grouping with that player makes it easier to win fights, or harder. From that I decide whether I think the player is worth grouping with in future or not. I don't have to notice how a player does what he does to notice that he has a positive effect on the group - usually I'm too busy focussing on what I'm doing (generally the texture and colour of the grass I'm eating) to worry about how someone else is doing their job.

If you want to know what I expect from an animist:
- getting shrooms up at the right time and place to interrupt key support or force them out of range, without making shrooms to easily susceptible to CC
- assisting with lifetap when CC has worn off
- using bombers + lifetap on soft/key targets while CC is holding (and con debuff ofc)

Of course it depends on the group setup, but that's for a 2xeld/chanter + 1 animist caster group.

I just listed what I expect from an animist in group, I may have missed some things, so as I said, better to ask an experienced animist who I (and others) consider to be good, than basing it on my expectations which are from a limited perspective.

Or take offense - up to you.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
lvling now has become so incredabbly easy the number of animists has sored.

I chucked my one in a fins grp these other day and he is lvl 45 now. The only icon i got on Qbar is forest servent to.

So true Censi :eek7: I took my FoP there and I was really the only one who needed to be at my keyboard (fop + lootpick :p), the animists just need to jam a single key down with something :touch: I started reading the Laggy Milegate forums a while back and animists have a bag of unique PvE and RvR tricks not known by the mainstream yet. Some of those tricks are REALLY cool, but it's too much to talk about here... you'd be better off reading the class forum. My favourites are 'venting', remote pbaoe without LOS, and a really special trick with FoP aggro generation :m00:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with ani lvling (fins in particular) is that all you learn is to spam low lvl baseline shrooms, and an animist has so much more in his arsenal.

A well played animist is as viable as any other class in an rvr group. They can be strong in roaming groups as well as strong in static rvr.

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
I notice whether a player makes a difference in the group or not. Whether grouping with that player makes it easier to win fights, or harder. From that I decide whether I think the player is worth grouping with in future or not. I don't have to notice how a player does what he does to notice that he has a positive effect on the group - usually I'm too busy focussing on what I'm doing (generally the texture and colour of the grass I'm eating) to worry about how someone else is doing their job.

If you want to know what I expect from an animist:
- getting shrooms up at the right time and place to interrupt key support or force them out of range, without making shrooms to easily susceptible to CC
- assisting with lifetap when CC has worn off
- using bombers + lifetap on soft/key targets while CC is holding (and con debuff ofc)

Of course it depends on the group setup, but that's for a 2xeld/chanter + 1 animist caster group.

I just listed what I expect from an animist in group, I may have missed some things, so as I said, better to ask an experienced animist who I (and others) consider to be good, than basing it on my expectations which are from a limited perspective.

Or take offense - up to you.

Been easier if ud said it first time lol but np :D

I do try too but i dont tend to have much chance to cast as I said b4. That's good old emain :(

I like grass too :m00: seen most spots

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Evok said:
I do try too but i dont tend to have much chance to cast as I said b4. That's good old emain :(

Same here, I think an animist just needs like 10 free seconds in the beginning of a fight to make a difference, but unfortunatly I'm mostly dead long before even 5 seconds have passed :twak:

And Odin's stinks too.. you've got way too much time to make a difference there, i.e. shrooming up, shrooms dying, shrooming up again, and when shrooms are like 10 sec away from dying, enemies finally come and you're still useless :p

But tbh, I tend to be pessimist when it comes to my shroomer :D

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Nooooooooo!! Don't read VN boards when you're looking for animist information, they only make you cry :(

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
pfffft .....

There are way too many animists about that don't know how to play the class, as in not the faintest idea, sad but true fact.

In most cases on RvR, given the choice between dropping shrooms and Bomber+LT combo's I will choose the DD+LT. The problem with dropping shrooms at the start of the fight is that even with MotA3+buffs+10%cast speed, it will be 10s before you've dropped 2-3 shrooms and they start doing damage/interupts. In that same 10s I can DD+LT 2-3 peeps down.

There is a time and a place for shrooms, standoffs / keeps / MG's / ambushes, but in roaming RvR they are hard to justify.

PS. Speedwarp + tanglers on well travelled routes = da bomb :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom