Reducing CC

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I had a thought( I’m now lying down and should be back on my feet within the week). Bring out some new talismans they can give a 25/50/75% chance to avoid CC.

6 talismans. One for Silence / Knockdown(Knockback) / Disorient / Root / Stun / Disarm. The silence talisman for example can only go in a head slot, the root in a boots slot etc. 6 talismans but only 3 slots Gloves/Head/Boots so you have to decide which CC you want to gear for.

It’s a simple system imo that would let players use talisman slots to help cut down on CC without directly nerfing any class

eksdee

FH is my second home
while it is a good idea in a way, i think something like this would sadly end in guild groups stacking it and wading through entire zergs. the only thing that stops organised groups from chain-wiping warbands right now is the CC tbh.

the only thing they really need to sort is immunities. at the moment the immunities are a bit silly as they're a) too short and b) have no kind of diminishing returns. it is way too easy right now for an organised guild group to chain cc people for sometimes as long as a minute. it's quite ironic given that mythic said something vaguely along the lines that CC would be much less powerful in warhammer than it is in DAoC.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
it's quite ironic given that mythic said something vaguely along the lines that CC would be much less powerful in warhammer than it is in DAoC.

Fortunately I didn't trust them enough to play their game. /gloat.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
while it is a good idea in a way, i think something like this would sadly end in guild groups stacking it and wading through entire zergs. the only thing that stops organised groups from chain-wiping warbands right now is the CC tbh.

the only thing they really need to sort is immunities. at the moment the immunities are a bit silly as they're a) too short and b) have no kind of diminishing returns. it is way too easy right now for an organised guild group to chain cc people for sometimes as long as a minute. it's quite ironic given that mythic said something vaguely along the lines that CC would be much less powerful in warhammer than it is in DAoC.

Oh come on, CC in war is nowhere near the lunacy i-win button it was in daoc.

At least in Warhammer you are not left standing mezzed for over a minute while one class dominates the game with the flick of one button. Mezz, purge, stun....dead....oh wait, mezz, don't purge....everyone else dies quickly followed by you.

To chain CC an enemy you'd have to occupy yourself for most of that minute keeping the cc going instead of push 1 button then walk away laughing, have a piknik, darn some socks while your enemy sits there completely redundant.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Oh come on, CC in war is nowhere near the lunacy i-win button it was in daoc.

At least in Warhammer you are not left standing mezzed for over a minute while one class dominates the game with the flick of one button. Mezz, purge, stun....dead....oh wait, mezz, don't purge....everyone else dies quickly followed by you.

To chain CC an enemy you'd have to occupy yourself for most of that minute keeping the cc going instead of push 1 button then walk away laughing, have a piknik, darn some socks while your enemy sits there completely redundant.

?? You never faced the Disable spamming groups then and a well oiled group knowing when to use Kd Disable Disarm Root can be quite well annoying.
Add on top of that that immunities, as Miri pointed out, are well bugged at the moment and you can face a situation that can be worse than Daoc actually (Sos, Purge, Mezz Remove, Determination, Tanks "Aoe Purge" trivialized Daoc cc by a good amount since NF and Class Balance introduction).

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
?? You never faced the Disable spamming groups then and a well oiled group knowing when to use Kd Disable Disarm Root can be quite well annoying.
Add on top of that that immunities, as Miri pointed out, are well bugged at the moment and you can face a situation that can be worse than Daoc actually (Sos, Purge, Mezz Remove, Determination, Tanks "Aoe Purge" trivialized Daoc cc by a good amount since NF and Class Balance introduction).

Indeed - it's not an issue on something like my BW that can sit back at 100-150ft range doing damage.

It's unplayable on my WH (spends at least 1/2 his combat time CC'ed), or my SM (spends close to 2/3 of his combat time CC'ed due to being a line breaker). At least my SM has the armour and hps to usually survive the KD-Disarm-Stun chain that comes my way every time - my poor WP and WH insta-die (You are knocked down, you are hit by random melee aoe for 500, you are hit by random melee aoe for 400, you are critically hit for random melee aoe for 1200, you are critically hit by random melee aoe for 900, you use your confess for 500, you are disarmed, you are hit by random melee aoe for 600 etc).

The removal of AoE melee stacking would go a LONG way to reducing the worries about CC - the key problem now is that a 2-3 AoE melee train with a KD/Snare/Disarm tank/mdps working with them can kill anything that isn't a tank getting lots of healing before they even come out of the KD.

What would be helpful is to give classes that are particuarly exposed to CC (all tanks and dps) due to their role an insta-cast buff that grants CC immunity for a certain amount of time, but with a long cooldown. This would give people a "tactical" option to push/extend into the enemy lines without fearing the KD-Disable-Death spam. It wouldn't be overpowered vs RDPS with half a clue as any RDPS with a brain would kite when they see the CC isn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom