Red Nose Day

L

loxleyhood

Red Nose Day (Now Red Norse Day)

Just because of the kind of crazy person I am.......

As you know (or have been lucky enough to escape, thus far) friday heralds that annual parade of mediocre comedians that is comic relief.

Now heres how it stands, the keep door fund earnt from the bazaar expired about a month ago, because quite a lot of cash went to upgrading relic doors that were lost in the zone crash last december, so its time to fill it up again. However, this time, I shall also be giving to good causes I see fit around the realm of Albion (until the realm of Ethiopia is installed neways).

I can only think of one good cause at the moment (I don't know what that says about Albion :) but your all welcome to suggest causes) and that is Simius, whom we all know spent a lot of time and effot becoming the people's spellcrafter, and only asks for cost price.

So procedes will go;

75% Keep door fund
25% Simius

Unless Im enlightened on other causes.

What shall I be doing for this noble cause?

Well, because im feeling lazy and I have other projects in the works I shall be going around emain armed only with a pink dress and bronze dirk, occaisionaly yelling, "Ich habe hunger fur Fleisch."

Recommended donation is 20g, see you on Friday. :)

P

Pin

I think we should have a Red Norse Day instead.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by loxleyhood
"We have determined that the reason Archers hate missing shots so much is because of the message informing of the miss. We thought we had fixed this with the new blade turn message but have decided to expand the list as follows: “Not even freaking close”, “Missed again”, “You almost got him that time”, “your arrow was blocked but you have a nice grouping going on the shield”, and “At least you didn’t fumble”.
It's worrying that just about every level 50 scout has a lament about archery of some sort in their signature. :p

O

old.LandShark

No-one has been nerfed intentionally more than archers.
They needed it originally of course, but Mythic went too far as usual and buggered up a bunch of other classes into the bargain. :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Sooo...25% of the money made is going to Simius?! Err...why? I am sure he gets plenty of tips from the people he spell crafts.

Normally I would be happy to help out with keep doors but I am not dishing out my money for the benefit of a spell crafter who has low prices.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Okay, okay...he has no 'PRICES' but he charges for the cost of the gems and people, if they choose, give him a tip. He isn't the only person in Albion to do this. Cabbie does the same and I am sure that there are others. Are we going to reward them as well or just Simius because he has more widely know rep?

T

Tilda

i generally do the same if i cba.
its if im there and you bring the stuff its cost price and tip if u want.
imo just put it all into keep door fund.

Tilda

L

loxleyhood

The idea of this particular event is to reward those in the game who have actually done good deeds for the good of the realm, the universe and everything. Im also aware of the not so pressing need for a keep door fund in Albion's current situation. :)

T

Tilda

imo thats a bit stupid, reward crafters,who make stuff for the realm, but then they still get profit etc.
I think its slightly communist as it seams like your taking wealth to give to other people.
Id much rather see it saved up until w do acctually need keep doors repairing.
why not give some cash to people who claim albions keep, but say only give them the cash if they can hold them longer than 3 days and then give them the cash to upgrade the doors to level 10.

Then your encouraging people to claim, defend andupgrade albions own keeps.

Tilda

O

old.Odysseus

Its not like he is mugging ppl to give him money.
If you disagree, fine, dont donate to him.

The man is trying to do something good and he gets a flame at once :(

O

old.shotgunstow

:clap: yeh stop flaming the man, if you don't agree, just don't donate simple lol.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by old.LandShark
They needed it originally of course, but Mythic went too far as usual and buggered up a bunch of other classes into the bargain. :p
Ahh, and the next best thing, a disgruntled minstrel too. Great, now we've got em all featured in this thread. Wait -- I am one too! Bah! :p

T

Tranquil-

You're not allowed to be disgruntled, you have aedot available when you feel down :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Tranquil-
You're not allowed to be disgruntled, you have aedot available when you feel down :p
Ohh, but you are so correct, master scout! You should have seen my face light up at Crim and at Da Behnn tonight. DoT-spam is sooo gratifying! :D

T

Tranquil-

I know, my neighbour is exinfer and his pulse rises everytime he hears someone say the word 'keep'. :p

S

Simius

I have to say I'm as suprised as any of you at what Lox proposed. But I would say put everything into the fund, I don't want to piss off anyone, that's not why I'm in the game. And as people have said, I'm not the only one who does it for cost price (not having to use another spellcrafter I can only take their word for it ;) ).

I never went into crafting to make a profit, and the chances that I'll get back what I put in are slim to none, but as long I have enough to keep my reaver in kit and help out my guild that'll do me.

Anyway I'd only spend it on penny whistles and moon pie.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Simius
Anyway I'd only spend it on penny whistles and moon pie.
You wouldnt spend your profits on toys for your alts? Hmmmm, weird ;)

L

loxleyhood

Very well, if Simius declines its goes 100% into a keep door fund, however, I would still like to donate some to some kind of a good cause, fitting in with the mood of the event.

Ppl, suggest some causes :)

O

old.Odysseus

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Ppl, suggest some causes :)

One of my alts has crap gear ... ;-)

Seriously, how about donating a few plat to everyone that has ever lead/arranged a relic raid - to sponsor their SC suit.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

I'm totally FOR giving Simius a little gesture... there aren't too many 1000+ spellcrafters, that are cheap and nice as well... it takes ages to SC a MP armor suit.

Anyway, i'm in for a little contribution.

G

Genesis_of_Ak

Agree with Odysseus.

I see rewarding those people who through compassion, generosity, altruism, philanthropism (call it what you like) help the Realm as a lovely gesture.

If you don't agree, don't donate. Simple. No one's putting a gun to your head Tilda.

S

Sibanac

A few plat prize for the first guy that brings home a relic maybe

F

Flimgoblin

I need a new kilt :) my old one's a bit threadbare....

G

gwal

ppl crafting for no extra price geet enough of money - trust me, I know - simius wont be in need of money for anything for the next long time. I do appreciate that in the realm of albion, some ppl actually appreciate those who tend to help the realm instead of themselves, it is very very ice to know that (actually quite a lot) of those ppl are around.

but in all honesty, I´d give all the money to a relic defence fund, once we et relics back, we´ll need those doors at full strenght, anbd crafters, whether they charge for their work or not, will be rich enough to not need the money (a few exceptions here, true, but if ur an exception, ur not working for the realm, and so, u shouldnt get any of the money proposed in this thread anyway)

Z

zlair

Originally posted by Tilda
i generally do the same if i cba.
its if im there and you bring the stuff its cost price and tip if u want.
imo just put it all into keep door fund.

Tilda

Hmm, that wasn't always the case was it ?

I remember payed 50 gold per item (2 item) for u to imbue it and i brought the gems myself (was a low SCer at the time ;) )??

Maybe it was becuz u wern't 1000+ at that time, what do I know ?? ;)

Well, I'll gladly take those back (or better, U give em to Lox :) )

M

moo_work

what about the mistar moo needs full 99% chain sced suit and has fuck all cash fund?

:p

D

deffy

Originally posted by Sibanac
A few plat prize for the first guy that brings home a relic maybe

I like that idea, maybe give it to the guild that organises it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom